Toast Update for Josh Thomas

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry I meant the photos of training and recovery that were posted yesterday. He was there, unlike Thomas, most likely meaning he is not in a moon boot. Otherwise he wouldn't have been swimming or partaking in activities at the beach.

JT is a long way away from what I've been told, I'll wait for the club to release any more details on it, but he won't be our Luke ball replacement.

Well if he is along way away then they might as well just Give Up on Him as we don't want a Player who is Constantly on the Injury List

Are you trying to get smart now?

It's just hard to take seriously a highly-praised player in his third season who I am yet to see play, and who, reportedly, shuffles about on crutches in an orthopedic boot. It's funny to imagine such a person suddenly, or ever, being the major driving force in the engine that is our midfield.

Then there's posters saying they've spotted the bloke swanning around on crutches in various venues, then getting offended when told it must be Elliott or someone but not Thomas that they've seen. It's getting like 'Where's Wally?' Except people are not sure who the real Wally is!

It's just hard to take seriously a highly-praised player in his third season who I am yet to see play, and who, reportedly, shuffles about on crutches in an orthopedic boot. It's funny to imagine such a person suddenly, or ever, being the major driving force in the engine that is our midfield.

Then there's posters saying they've spotted the bloke swanning around on crutches in various venues, then getting offended when told it must be Elliott or someone but not Thomas that they've seen. It's getting like 'Where's Wally?' Except people are not sure who the real Wally is!

I didn't weigh into any of that, I just simply said that Elliot was in the photos with no moon boot on.

I didn't get offended and I didn't say I'd spotted him, I said I'd briefly spoken to him. I was rather, pointing out the absurdity (and arrogance) of posters who don't have any facts or firsthand knowledge (and have now been proven as wrong) correcting someone who has. But again lets not let the facts get in the way of your post.

I agree these threads are pointless.

I didn't get offended and I didn't say I'd spotted him, I said I'd briefly spoken to him. I was rather, pointing out the absurdity (and arrogance) of posters who don't have any facts or firsthand knowledge (and have now been proven as wrong) correcting someone who has. But again lets not let the facts get in the way of your post.

I agree these threads are pointless.

I appear to have offended two people myself and I apologise to you and Number 10. I was only having a light hearted dig at the mystery surrounding Josh Thomas, people saying they have seen him and others suggesting Thomas might be Elliott, the moon boot which he has sported on several occasions during his short AFL career, and the fact that he is yet to play. I only used Number 10's post as a springboard and was not directly commenting on the content of the post.

I thought that a bit of black humour might be appreciated at such a down time, but obviously it backfired.

I appear to have offended two people myself and I apologise to you and Number 10. I was only having a light hearted dig at the mystery surrounding Josh Thomas, people saying they have seen him and others suggesting Thomas might be Elliott, the moon boot which he has sported on several occasions during his short AFL career, and the fact that he is yet to play. I only used Number 10's post as a springboard and was not directly commenting on the content of the post.

I thought that a bit of black humour might be appreciated at such a down time, but obviously it backfired.

It's hard to convey certain tones on the internet - I should have given you the benefit of the doubt. Did lol at the bolded though.

This has honestly been the longest week in football I have felt - longer than the wait between the 2010 grand finals. This thread gave us some kind of good news then shattered it 2 hours later. I want this week to be over and the Pies smashing Port would be the ultimate retribution.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry for contributing to this thread with facts mattys123 and Swooop, I'll make sure I don't do it again.

Cry me a river! You provided no proof that what you posted was fact and when you have two contradicting stories people will always be inclined to believe the positive over the negative (especially with how low things are ATM). All that despite one of them actually confirming what you'd posted.

I don't really think this thread was a waste of time. I'd been wondering all week (this longest of week's following the Carltank loss) what has happened to Josh Thomas this year. Even though a lot of what has been said about him is speculative, he certainly sounds like an exciting prospect and perhaps the most likely solution to the Luke Ball problem if he was fit and able to step up. But obviously that was a long shot and now seems a no shot. But I reckon we all just wanted to have a bit of hope at a time when things seem pretty bleak. Don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Update for Josh Thomas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back