The Next President and VP will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is continued in... The Aftermath

Last edited:

In that case can we cease with all the sentiment that Antifa are actually anti fascists, not just anti getting jobs? I hear they're still going in Portland, even smashed up a DNC office. Some people are never happy!
I don't care about Antifa, that's your demon, not mine.

Conservatives generally want smaller governments, so I can see how the two are intertwined.
Conservatives say they want smaller Governments, but what they really mean is less spending on social programs and more on big corporate programs. For example, Government spending went up more under Trump (even though it was only 4 years) and Bush than it did under Clinton and Obama.

It's one of the great lies of the Conservative movement.

Not only have we got Trump not conceding the election. Washington state GOP gubernatorial candidate won’t concede either. **** these Republicans. If you lose at least act gracious in defeat and say maybe I’ll run next time at beat him at the next election.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Conservatives say they want smaller Governments, but what they really mean is less spending on social programs and more on big corporate programs. For example, Government spending went up more under Trump (even though it was only 4 years) and Bush than it did under Clinton and Obama.

It's one of the great lies of the Conservative movement.

I think the ideology is there but I don't think you'll ever see a democratic nation scale back public services spending, the only thing conservatives can do that has widespread public support is to cut taxes.

Didnt read the whole thread but did somebody say that ROK is not a republic democracy?

The difference is Trump has a movement he will never let go of. It's an asset he didn't even have to pay for. It's an asset that will give him cash on an ongoing basis. And it may pay off in a run in 2024.

All true. that's CEO thinking.

Also he will want to continue to be the voice for the modern, aspirational, multi racial working class party he has created out of the GOP in just 4 years.

My guess he won't tolerate Joe and Co messing with his economy, pulling down his wall or resurrecting the Iran deal.

I think the ideology is there but I don't think you'll ever see a democratic nation scale back public services spending, the only thing conservatives can do that has widespread public support is to cut taxes.

You forgot culture wars and virtue signalling. Conservatives love that shit - creates all sort of distractions while they direct your money back to themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also he will want to continue to be the voice for the modern, aspirational, multi racial working class party he has created out of the GOP in just 4 years.

My guess he won't tolerate Joe and Co messing with his economy, pulling down his wall or resurrecting the Iran deal.
His?

What's he going to do about it, complain about everything on Parler?

... kinda reminds me of the time Trump was President and had been implicated in several law suits of raping children with Epstein ...
... from back in the 90's (?).
When Trump's "grab'em by the pussy" remarks came out, I thought he was dead in the water. Instead, his male supporters cheered, and his female supporters shrugged and brushed it off with "That's just man-talk". Offend 20 people, attract 24; worked in 2016.
There's no doubt that Trump is a sleazebag of the worst kind. I despise him, and there are not enough letters in the word
"d-e-s-p-i-s-e" to convey fully my loathing.
FF to your comment, above, which remind me a bit of hints/suspicions/claims that the Election has been rigged.

Opinions and hints are not facts. "Implicated in" is not "did". Suspicions are not proofs. Please leave the unsubstantiated claims to the Trumpists' wild trumpeting.

Also an update for you:

ARIZONA:
Line ball, BUT 2/3 of the remaining votes are coming from the dem leading Maricopa County. Trump was trending above the water line, but that was 1-2 days ago. With Maricopa providing the bulk of the remaining votes, this looks unlikely.
View attachment 1007775

GEORGIA:
On this im less certain, but i recall its only the military votes as a decent block pending, and there is only about 8k of them. very happy to be corrected. key part however is trump needs to make up 11k to win, and right now the trump share of votes isnt cracking past 30%. If he was to be closing the gap, I'd be wanting to see todays numbers be much stronger for him.
View attachment 1007781

NEVADA:
Trump is running at half the running rate he needs to win this. With 80% of the remaining votes coming from dem leaning Vegas and Reno, i give this no chance.
View attachment 1007787

PENNSYLVANNIA:
Reality is the vote count is nearly done, and Trump needs to win 90% of all remaining votes just to tie. This one is over.
View attachment 1007789
Thanks for that Ned, it's good seeing the batch breakdowns (on an alleged basis anyway, pending how many votes for Biden are from dead people or other fraudulent sources).

Clinton and Obama both cut spending overall. So your point is still just incorrect in the US context.

But yes, Conservatives cut taxes and create deficits (because they don't cut spending) then when the other party is in government they complain about the debt the conservatives built up.

George HW Bush cut spending and taxes and tanked the economy. The last other Republican President to cut spending was Eisenhower.

Bush Jr nearly doubled spending, and a lot of the senators who approved that are still in congress complaining about debt.

You forgot culture wars and virtue signalling. Conservatives love that sh*t - creates all sort of distractions while they direct your money back to themselves.

I think we could have quite a bipartisan discussion about politics on this issue.

I am of the belief that politics is a very old and slow moving institution, it's not handling the instant digital age very well. The public are expecting feedback and involvement from the political machine that matches how the rest of society is functioning, not in a policy sense but in an instant gratification way. We expect to hear from and have access to politicans more than ever, certainly more than they are used to.

They used to be able to fart arse around for weeks and not really get anything done, we didn't pay that much attention. Now they have to be more active and they don't have the material for it so they use people like political tools to avoid any serious structural changes which they know might not be well received by those who fund the whole game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back