Grand Slam US Open 2022 (29 Aug-11 Sept)

Remove this Banner Ad

Well that’s Nadal out.

Kyrgios wins this now.

Still Alcatraz at least, and there’s the smaller albiet dangerous players like Cilic (who has been impressive coming through). Alcatraz won’t get a better opportunity for a first Slam

Still Alcatraz at least, and there’s the smaller albiet dangerous players like Cilic (who has been impressive coming through). Alcatraz won’t get a better opportunity for a first Slam

And if Kyrgios is at close to his top he will beat any of them.

Plenty (not you specifically) are carrying on as though this is 2018 Kyrgios. It’s not. He’s a completely different beast now. He’s been arguably the best player in tennis for the past few months and is rightful favourite to lift the trophy.

Well that’s Nadal out.

Kyrgios wins this now.
I wouldn't rule out Tiafoe now. I've seen many times players taken out a maiden Slam by defeating multiple highly rated players. I can see him beating Alcaraz and Nick as well.

Tiafoe played a great match. I feel sorry for the bloke as he has been called a MUG for a while - has finally lived up to his potential. Looks to me we will have a first time major winner now unless Cilic pulls off a miracle

Tiafoe played a great match. I feel sorry for the bloke as he has been called a MUG for a while - has finally lived up to his potential. Looks to me we will have a first time major winner now unless Cilic pulls off a miracle
Wow, you're right.

When was the last time we had all eight Quarter Finalists of a Grand Slam never having won a Grand Slam?

Cilic ain't beating Alcaraz so this will potentially one for the record books. I highly doubt it has occurred this century.

Special Ks go out in a close one.

You would have thought they were playing at Melbourne Park the way the crowd were behind them.

Wow, you're right.

When was the last time we had all eight Quarter Finalists of a Grand Slam never having won a Grand Slam?

Cilic ain't beating Alcaraz so this will potentially one for the record books. I highly doubt it has occurred this century.
The brilliant Ohh Ok tells me it was 2020.

He's right, and that's why he's brilliant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sinner manages the win and will be hoping this Cilic-Alcaraz match goes the full distance too.

Do you give Sinner any chance? He is one guy who I am just not sure about. Has a big reputation and some nice wins but I watch him and struggle to see how he will consistently trouble the top guys.

Grand Slam US Open 2022 (29 Aug-11 Sept)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back