VAFA D1 new thread for 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

obviously no response from urple yet ugly derm about vendetta against op's.........

well done on your milestone, and we're just hoping that your not as accurate this week.

Dear Big Footy posters,

As you are all aware OP bashing is a favourite pastime of many on this forum and while for most of the year I have vehemently defended my beloved footy club I seem to be continually falling on deaf ears and am seemingly going no where. I have sat back in frustration the past couple of days as more and more comments come through, some fair enough and other’s complete unfounded crap.

Anything we ever say will probably never be reasoned with but I've gotta try.

So in an effort to be fair and balanced in the defence of my club I offer the following true/false reasoning in where OPs currently stand:

True:
The seniors haven’t had great form and Saturday’s game against YV was very poor in standard and something we weren’t happy with.

Yes we have lost a lot of players, probably 10-12 from last year including our top 3 B&F winners and other very good players. Some left because they didn’t want to play D1 (even though they contributed to us getting there) and others simply aren’t playing at all. None that I know of have left bitter.

We have a lacklustre relationship with the College, even though they often produce good footballers. We have tried to mend this relationship but it comes down to a principal who has no sporting interest, gives nothing at all to the club, won’t even let us use the ground that we built ourselves and wouldn’t care less if it ceases to exist.

We currently have an average playing age of less than 21 in the seniors. Average games played would be not even 30, that’s with a 360 gamer in the side. We’re busting our gut to earn back some respect and play good footy but with a new list it’s often difficult.

The feeling and resolve around the club is the best it has been for years and will hopefully ensure the sustainability of our current list for the next 3-5 years.

We enjoy a very good relationship with St Damiens and have their colts train with us often as well hosting social events for them.

False
The club is in no way struggling financially to the point of extinction. Take from someone pretty close to the subject that things are healthy and pointing upwards.

I-footy, when you mentioned why we didn’t appoint M.S and, given you meant Mark Spinoso, I think you will find he IS our hard working coach who has retained and recruited a lot of good young kids.

St Mary’s are not affiliated with any club, including ours. We keep contact with them and offer a good club for their young kids to come to.

No letter was ever sent to the under 19s telling them they will not play senior footy for the next two years. That is the biggest load of crap I have ever heard and even double checked with all the guys to make sure. We have played number of unders already this year and will continue to do so.

We have never (this year) proclaimed to be world beaters and had never said we would waltz in to finals and therefore offer no excuses for losses. We are the definition of a club re-building and with young guys getting some more confidence and our injury plague becoming stabilised we will hopefully only get better.

Boundy, while a great player, didn’t win us the game on Saturday In fact he probably wasn’t in our best players (despite what the VAFA website says b4 u all jump in!).

I could go on forever but the fact is we all can see OPs are at their lowest point. However there is sufficient support, given it is a club that has been around for 80 years, to see it moving forward again in years to come. It will take time, it will take patience and it will take persistence and it won’t happen tomorrow.
But I am confident, with the determination and character of the young fellas, that it will happen!

Urple, Over the line, Blind Turn, i-footy, u-18 insider etc I would expect nothing less than for you guys to come back with another cheap shot but so as long as you know that that is where we officially stand and I will back the reputation my club every time! I hope you guys aren’t so shallow as to want a proud club to fall to its demise. Bag it as much as you like but just know these are good people giving hours and hours of their time to rectify the situation.

Hopefully my mini-essay will now allow other topics will now return to this forum.

Let's move on.

Cheers, V&C.
Your lowest point will come at seasons end when the double drop becomes reality.

Dintinosante will at least get 4-6 weeks for his very crude elbow on Saturday.

Dear Big Footy posters,

As you are all aware OP bashing is a favourite pastime of many on this forum and while for most of the year I have vehemently defended my beloved footy club I seem to be continually falling on deaf ears and am seemingly going no where. I have sat back in frustration the past couple of days as more and more comments come through, some fair enough and other’s complete unfounded crap.

Anything we ever say will probably never be reasoned with but I've gotta try.

So in an effort to be fair and balanced in the defence of my club I offer the following true/false reasoning in where OPs currently stand:

True:
The seniors haven’t had great form and Saturday’s game against YV was very poor in standard and something we weren’t happy with.

Yes we have lost a lot of players, probably 10-12 from last year including our top 3 B&F winners and other very good players. Some left because they didn’t want to play D1 (even though they contributed to us getting there) and others simply aren’t playing at all. None that I know of have left bitter.

We have a lacklustre relationship with the College, even though they often produce good footballers. We have tried to mend this relationship but it comes down to a principal who has no sporting interest, gives nothing at all to the club, won’t even let us use the ground that we built ourselves and wouldn’t care less if it ceases to exist.

We currently have an average playing age of less than 21 in the seniors. Average games played would be not even 30, that’s with a 360 gamer in the side. We’re busting our gut to earn back some respect and play good footy but with a new list it’s often difficult.

The feeling and resolve around the club is the best it has been for years and will hopefully ensure the sustainability of our current list for the next 3-5 years.

We enjoy a very good relationship with St Damiens and have their colts train with us often as well hosting social events for them.

False
The club is in no way struggling financially to the point of extinction. Take from someone pretty close to the subject that things are healthy and pointing upwards.

I-footy, when you mentioned why we didn’t appoint M.S and, given you meant Mark Spinoso, I think you will find he IS our hard working coach who has retained and recruited a lot of good young kids.

St Mary’s are not affiliated with any club, including ours. We keep contact with them and offer a good club for their young kids to come to.

No letter was ever sent to the under 19s telling them they will not play senior footy for the next two years. That is the biggest load of crap I have ever heard and even double checked with all the guys to make sure. We have played number of unders already this year and will continue to do so.

We have never (this year) proclaimed to be world beaters and had never said we would waltz in to finals and therefore offer no excuses for losses. We are the definition of a club re-building and with young guys getting some more confidence and our injury plague becoming stabilised we will hopefully only get better.

Boundy, while a great player, didn’t win us the game on Saturday In fact he probably wasn’t in our best players (despite what the VAFA website says b4 u all jump in!).

I could go on forever but the fact is we all can see OPs are at their lowest point. However there is sufficient support, given it is a club that has been around for 80 years, to see it moving forward again in years to come. It will take time, it will take patience and it will take persistence and it won’t happen tomorrow.
But I am confident, with the determination and character of the young fellas, that it will happen!

Urple, Over the line, Blind Turn, i-footy, u-18 insider etc I would expect nothing less than for you guys to come back with another cheap shot but so as long as you know that that is where we officially stand and I will back the reputation my club every time! I hope you guys aren’t so shallow as to want a proud club to fall to its demise. Bag it as much as you like but just know these are good people giving hours and hours of their time to rectify the situation.

Hopefully my mini-essay will now allow other topics will now return to this forum.

Let's move on.

Cheers, V&C.

I was referring to Mark Sturgess, and I'll post the letter to the OP's

i can now see why OP's have been recently labelled a rabble as i witnessed their pathetic display of football yesterday down at ted ajani reserve...

not only were they no good but there were cheap shots being thrown at every chance...they had a guy reported for a late elbow on mark pietryk of bulleen temp and were starting pathetic spot fires all over the ground...never before have we come up against a side as blatantly dirty and pathetic as old parade were yesterday!

Jees some of you at BT have very short memories.....whats that one about the pot calling the kettle black?

Jees some of you at BT have very short memories.....whats that one about the pot calling the kettle black?

conduct, i think you'll find that at BT that the playing group has changed about 90% from 5 years ago so many of the players now have no idea about the previous exploits of past bullants. id dare to say that the average age of the squad would be 25, with many of them new to the club in the past 2-3 years. so the short memories aren't with the players, since they have no dirty memories to forget!

Conduct, i can understand where you are coming from in a way, being a young bloke i had no idea of the past bullant sides, but after saturday's game a few of the older blokes highlighted that Old Parade were heading in the same direction as some of the previous bullants sides, when they made thier slide down the grades. Interesting to see how things can change at a club and it was pointed out to the current list that in no way do we as a club want to head back in that direction.

It is a tough time for Old Parade, but make no mistake they do have pretty good crop of young kids in that side, who will struggle against the more even spread teams in terms of age. There more senior players are however not in the best shape, and are definetly not setting the right example to the younger blokes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

conduct, i think you'll find that at BT that the playing group has changed about 90% from 5 years ago so many of the players now have no idea about the previous exploits of past bullants. id dare to say that the average age of the squad would be 25, with many of them new to the club in the past 2-3 years. so the short memories aren't with the players, since they have no dirty memories to forget!

also i think you would find that the average age would drop significantly if you took a couple of senior guys out the team.. (not naming any names!!!) lol
its a credit to the club that the 19's are now pushing through into the seniors ranks and against therry the 19's boys kicked 17 of our goals which was a super effort..
and about the dirty tactis i too am a young bullant and have never really seen any in my time.. but i think you will find team's get dirty when they are getting smashed and have to resort to those kind of tactis.. don't think you see many from the clubs that are moving up in the ranks.. but as westy pointed out parade were extremely young and no doubt shouldn't be on the lower end of the scale for too much longer..

Could someone from OP's please let me know what the story is with the big fella Porty? He injured, retired, or anything else? I know a couple of ppl who want to go watch him play, but it seems as tho that may not occur. What's goin on with him?

Could someone from OP's please let me know what the story is with the big fella Porty? He injured, retired, or anything else? I know a couple of ppl who want to go watch him play, but it seems as tho that may not occur. What's goin on with him?

Injured again. Was all set for a return but now crippled with another injury. A shame as a few of us were looking forward to his return and it leaves a big hole deep in the forward line. Doubtful he will play at all.

Whats the go with the D1 'Scribe' ?

Two weeks in a row he has picked Therry and OP to beat BT. Both have seen results of 110+ point victories to BT.

I can understand taking calculating risks, but both of these defy any form of logic whatsoever. This borders on a deliberate and calculated ploy.

What is the agenda here Scribe?

Whats the go with the D1 'Scribe' ?

Two weeks in a row he has picked Therry and OP to beat BT. Both have seen results of 110+ point victories to BT.

I can understand taking calculating risks, but both of these defy any form of logic whatsoever. This borders on a deliberate and calculated ploy.

What is the agenda here Scribe?

None really....seriously.

Still a match report from the lads at Ted Ajani wouldn't go astray. Having said that, they're not Robinson Crusoe in that regard either!!!

Just using the dart board on a Tuesday morning and the BT darts fell out in the last two weeks. Third time wasn't lucky either - I've tipped Oakleigh by 5 points!!!

If I'm serious about winning the Scribe's premiership, I think I'd better start backing the 'Ants.

Good luck to all this weekend.

:thumbsu: Frase

is it true that the bloke from OP's got off???

if so it sets the standard for the rest of the year! it was a crude, blatant elbow to a player that got rid of the ball and he was given a black card.. the BT player was taken off with the blood rule and didn't play much further part.. does that mean the chicken wing is legal from now on???

is it true that the bloke from OP's got off???

if so it sets the standard for the rest of the year! it was a crude, blatant elbow to a player that got rid of the ball and he was given a black card.. the BT player was taken off with the blood rule and didn't play much further part.. does that mean the chicken wing is legal from now on???

Ease up ladies !
It wasnt fair but it wasnt murder.
This escape will balance up the ledger after witnessing all the rediculous things you get 'pinged' for during the course of the year.
Doesnt appear that just in BT's eyes but it's 'swings & roundabouts'.
Let's move on to the next round before the Spanish Inquisition intervenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back