VAFA D1 new thread for 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this on the VAFA Web Site in the clearances will he play this week??

Goulburn Valley FL (Tatura FC)BULLEEN TEMPLESTOWE AFCChivers, GregPending19/06/07

TQM

pretty easy to have a stab at him from behind a computer screen. brabender is a proven champion and from all accounts played a great game last saturday

That is probably the funniest post I have ever read. By looking at the scores, Parade were very lucky to win with Pennisula kicking 18 points. Pennisula had more scoring shots but couldnt capatalise on that.

By the way, how can Peter Brabender kick 7 goals. That amazes me how the old fat bloke can kick that many any game. I did hear he was going to be dropped as well, so has saved his career by a few extra weeks.

No doubt he would have celebrated hard at a quality establishment such as the Marquee.:rolleyes:

Just at a bit of a loss how you can go slagging off at Parade on this forum yet show your support on another thread??:

"Still a long way to go in the season Mick, but then again we are talking about Parade and how their youngsters are thriving. Will no doubt make big inroads into staying afloat in D1...

The FIGHTBACK has started!!!!!!!!!!!"

When your in your late 30's, closing in on 400 games without playing a 2's game and can still kick 7 - come back to me!

Just at a bit of a loss how you can go slagging off at Parade on this forum yet show your support on another thread??:

"Still a long way to go in the season Mick, but then again we are talking about Parade and how their youngsters are thriving. Will no doubt make big inroads into staying afloat in D1...

When your in your late 30's, closing in on 400 games without playing a 2's game and can still kick 7 - come back to me!

Guys, I think BT has realised how stupid his call was. No need to comment anymore on Pluggers career. The stats say it all.

How about we get some tips for tomorrows games?

Guys, I think BT has realised how stupid his call was. No need to comment anymore on Pluggers career. The stats say it all.

How about we get some tips for tomorrows games?

Yeah it says it all alright! This tells me about the quality at OPs and why they will be playing D2 2008!

I was being sarcastic on the other thread V&C. Fightback is referring to your new membership that has been started.

If I was ever to play football in my late 30s which I know I wont as I will have better things to do by then, it would be pretty easy to do in a side that is struggling and has so many *******s in it.

I was being sarcastic on the other thread V&C. Fightback is referring to your new membership that has been started.

If I was ever to play football in my late 30s which I know I wont as I will have better things to do by then, it would be pretty easy to do in a side that is struggling and has so many *******s in it.

How clever of you. Put your quick wit and powers of deduction to something useful. Branding a team full of *******s is about as mature and insightful as a ten year old.

Found this on the VAFA Web Site in the clearances will he play this week??

Goulburn Valley FL (Tatura FC)BULLEEN TEMPLESTOWE AFCChivers, GregPending19/06/07

TQM

nup.. still has work commitments in shep.. won't be back for another 5-6 weeks.. just needed to get his clearance in before the cut off.. has hamstring problem similar to one last year which he missed the end of the season, so wasn't going to play for tatura in the next couple of weeks, which is the reason they cleared him.. may slot in the team towards the end of the year.. going ok without him though..

nup.. still has work commitments in shep.. won't be back for another 5-6 weeks.. just needed to get his clearance in before the cut off.. has hamstring problem similar to one last year which he missed the end of the season, so wasn't going to play for tatura in the next couple of weeks, which is the reason they cleared him.. may slot in the team towards the end of the year.. going ok without him though..

Will need to come back through the twos.

The Quite mans Tips

Parade 22 Points With Boundy
Prahran 98 points
Mentone 45 Poiints
Bulleen Temp 65 points
Oakleigh 20 Poiints

TQM

the top three will not change for the rest of the year.
OM, Oakleigh, Prahran. then peninsula will drop out for either hampton or Old Geelong. Those two have the cruisiest draws compared to bt and peninsula who ave relatively hard draws.
oakleigh and prahran to move into C grade!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Rovers look like they are geniune finals contenders. To beat Oakleigh, then Prahran the week before, indicates to me that the Rovers are not afraid of taking on, and defeating the big name clubs in the top 4. Round 15 (and later on Round 18) will tell us if the Rovers are geniune premiership contenders.

The Rovers look like they are geniune finals contenders. To beat Oakleigh, then Prahran the week before, indicates to me that the Rovers are not afraid of taking on, and defeating the big name clubs in the top 4. Round 15 (and later on Round 18) will tell us if the Rovers are geniune premiership contenders.

Eslternwick Park No.2.... Hampton Rovers winning the flag...??

Spare Me.... next thing you'll tell us Parade will come home with a wet sail...

No, Uncle Mick, it's quite possible. How many clubs can knock off Oakleigh-the defending D2 premiers-on their home ground? When you consider they got to within 10 points of Old Mentonians in Round 2, 4 weeks ago they very nearly beat Old Geelong, then they beat Prahran, then there's a lot to like about this Rovers team. The Rovers have enthusiam, hunger, self-belief, and desire to be in September action this year. I reckon the Rovers will start to worry quite a few teams come finals time.

No, Uncle Mick, it's quite possible. How many clubs can knock off Oakleigh-the defending D2 premiers-on their home ground? When you consider they got to within 10 points of Old Mentonians in Round 2, 4 weeks ago they very nearly beat Old Geelong, then they beat Prahran, then there's a lot to like about this Rovers team. The Rovers have enthusiam, hunger, self-belief, and desire to be in September action this year. I reckon the Rovers will start to worry quite a few teams come finals time.

Sounds like they've got the tools big fella. Starting to gain consistency and momentum.... I'm certainly not writing them off.... By all reports they're a big show. It's only round 9 though champ. You might want to keep a lid on it.:thumbsu:

old mentonians again impressive against peninsula getting up by 18 points. too good in the end but peninsula did try hard all day. a good game.

Does anyone rate the old mentonians? Havent heard anything about them. Does anyone know anything about them?

What's happened to Michael Basile? He dominated the lower sections for Old Mentone over the past few years, but now I can't even find him on a team list?

From what I can gather, I am the only one on here to pump up Old Mentonians for this year. Are you guys aware of exactly who they have recruited?? New coach as well for the first time in 5 years!
They will play finals and could finish top two( behind Prahran!)

Are bulleen still going with their "Bring the boys back home" operation?
Worked a treat last year guys!!

Parade in freefall...double drop looms!

Interesting to read my quote from Jan this year.
Wasn't too many pumping up the Panthers back then. Not far off on Parade either.

Pretty happy with that so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back