VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Any truth to the news the Penola coach was sacked? Haven’t paid much attention since Brunswick went down but it is odd seeing Penola struggling. Usually a powerhouse

Thirds div 1 have X1, X2; X3,X4 and Mentone. Then div 2 and div 3 with the others. Semi serious comment

Seems like a club problem and not a league problem, the joint is simply too big.

Solution is obvious, there needs to be a split at Xavier. They need to restructure along the lines of Uni Blues and Uni Blacks.

I mean what do the VAFA want, entire divisions made up of one club?

They are bigger than is required for two clubs and they are operating as one.

Seems like a club problem and not a league problem, the joint is simply too big.

Solution is obvious, there needs to be a split at Xavier. They need to restructure along the lines of Uni Blues and Uni Blacks.

I mean what do the VAFA want, entire divisions made up of one club?

They are bigger than is required for two clubs and they are operating as one.
VaFA has vowed never to have two teams from the one club in the same grade.

May see OX in Div 3 with both a senior and reserves team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VaFA has vowed never to have two teams from the one club in the same grade.

May see OX in Div 3 with both a senior and reserves team.

If I’m correct they have nine men’s teams from U19s to Seniors. It’s a joke.

Good luck to them but it needs to be reigned in. Competition is the cornerstone of all sport, it needs to be club vs club.

There needs to be a rethink of the structure as the club has outgrown itself. It needs to split.

The Perth Football League do that. Few people have issues with that.
In fact, the Perth Football League has sent a clear message to the VAFA that representative football wins are now no longer guaranteed any more. The gap between the VAFA and the other two states-SA and WA-is closing fast. Next year's Centenary State game between the VAFA and SA to celebrate 100 years since the two states first met in amateur interstate football will be a lot more interesting now.

In fact, the Perth Football League has sent a clear message to the VAFA that representative football wins are now no longer guaranteed any more. The gap between the VAFA and the other two states-SA and WA-is closing fast. Next year's Centenary State game between the VAFA and SA to celebrate 100 years since the two states first met in amateur interstate football will be a lot more interesting now.
If fairness there were quite a few people who decided to say no to the game and not play, maybe for injury sake or got told by the club to not play and pose a threat for finals. Also the fact we couldn't pick from B-3 or any U19's, and contribute some Jet Lag to the case, we would of most likely smashed PFL with a proper full strength team. We have too many VFL listed, ex-AFL players and Coates league players to lose to the PFL, just a matter of availability.

Also I watched the livestream, if we kicked straight when we had the wind just like the PFL did, we would of completely smashed them lol.

And keep in mind we beat Bendigo with a pretty mediocre team from B-3. Wonder what would happen if we had a full strength squad. VAFA is still clearly the best Local Football League in Aus, with maybe Owens and Murray just behind, the best league in the Metropolitan as well. And people will say oh yes the PFL had unavailability, you're right they probably did but also, they were never going to get selected in the first place.

Blokes in the VAFA barely care about representative football anymore, it's a matter of play for your home club and there will be some sort of incentive involved, but don't get injured or that incentive is ripped away. Not really love of the game, more love of your future and love of your job prospects.

My take after watching Perth game.
The Burley footballs must be truly dreadful. VAFA butchered so many kicks!

Basendean Oval even more desolate on outer wing than Elsternwick Park.

My take after watching Perth game.
The Burley footballs must be truly dreadful. VAFA butchered so many kicks!

Basendean Oval even more desolate on outer wing than Elsternwick Park.

A worker never blames his tools LOL.

There was minimal interest in the game in Perth. Any swinging voter would have chosen to stay home when the saw the weather on Sunday morning. To be fair, they wouldn't have got much more than what they got even if it was sunny.

And keep in mind we beat Bendigo with a pretty mediocre team from B-3. Wonder what would happen if we had a full strength squad. VAFA is still clearly the best Local Football League in Aus, with maybe Owens and Murray just behind, the best league in the Metropolitan as well. And people will say oh yes the PFL had unavailability, you're right they probably did but also, they were never going to get selected in the first place.

Blokes in the VAFA barely care about representative football anymore, it's a matter of play for your home club and there will be some sort of incentive involved, but don't get injured or that incentive is ripped away. Not really love of the game, more love of your future and love of your job prospects.
FWIW I saw on the Bendigo forum that a player from A grade was picked. Is that correct? Who was it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back