Vafa U/19 (3) - 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
welcome to the first edition of what i like to call White's Winners a segment that will be brought to you weekly, by yours truely...
Old Essendon v Benteligh: the baby bombers will be too strong for the boys from bentleigh, especially on their home turf. OE by 73pts.
Old Trinity v Old Ivanhoe: again, must go with the form team of the competition. the hoes to win comfortably; 46pts
MHSOB v La Trobe: probably MH's best chance to get some points on the board, especially if the uni boys arrive in similar fashion to how they were reported to have last week. i'll back the home team in what would be an upset win, MH by 19pts
Old Mentonians v Ormond: the monds to get up down at mentone. ormond will be too big, and have too much class for mentone, whos form has been spasmodic at best. (theres a word for you to look up junkyard!) ormond by 54pts.
Buleen Temp. v Oakleigh: possibly the match of the round. white is unsure on who to pick. perhaps oakleigh will get up. 29pts

thanks for tuning into White's Winners
note: the name White's Winners is a copyright of GloboGym America Corp, 2007

does anyone wish to give information about any of the teams backline players. Many of the poorer teams backline seem to get hurt by thier poor midfields and it is hard to comment on the good teams backline because both ivanhoe ormond and oegfc have dominant midfields....what are peoples view to who will be the strongest defensively? after all premierships are won by having a strong hard running backline..

does anyone wish to give information about any of the teams backline players. Many of the poorer teams backline seem to get hurt by thier poor midfields and it is hard to comment on the good teams backline because both ivanhoe ormond and oegfc have dominant midfields....what are peoples view to who will be the strongest defensively? after all premierships are won by having a strong hard running backline..

dono whos the best backman uve played on? i assume bein the most known fwd in the comp u would always get the best backman! id say so far u have the best backline. do u agree?

welcome to the first edition of what i like to call White's Winners a segment that will be brought to you weekly, by yours truely...
Old Essendon v Benteligh: the baby bombers will be too strong for the boys from bentleigh, especially on their home turf. OE by 73pts.
Old Trinity v Old Ivanhoe: again, must go with the form team of the competition. the hoes to win comfortably; 46pts
MHSOB v La Trobe: probably MH's best chance to get some points on the board, especially if the uni boys arrive in similar fashion to how they were reported to have last week. i'll back the home team in what would be an upset win, MH by 19pts
Old Mentonians v Ormond: the monds to get up down at mentone. ormond will be too big, and have too much class for mentone, whos form has been spasmodic at best. (theres a word for you to look up junkyard!) ormond by 54pts.
Buleen Temp. v Oakleigh: possibly the match of the round. white is unsure on who to pick. perhaps oakleigh will get up. 29pts

i like your thinkin once again ur on the money i would say.

iv taken a bit of a liking to the oaks hardness i think they'll get up by 10pts

ur the 1st person outside of myself to back MH, no doubt our run of bad luck is about to take a turn, win by 7pts

Interested to know what is goin on with Trinity, are they losing players to seniors most weeks? or are they just gonna be a sub-par team all year??

The OT's form has obviously been quite disappointing of late. Their vibe has been extremely dull over the last couple of weeks. The OT Seniors have lost many senior players for the 07 season which has resulted in many U19's playing in the senior side. Each week you would expect at least 6 (minimum) U19's stepping up so this has disadvantaged the once 'flag favourites' greatly.
Make no mistake the OT's are a good side but are just going through a poor form patch at the moment. I wouldn't be counting them out for the finals just yet as they do have alot left in the tank, and with a number of A grade playing 19's to comeback end of season they will make a massive run home.
Couple of telling weeks ahead so will be interesting to see how things turn out for OT.

Also, any U19 (3) clubs with players playing in the Vic U19 Rep Team vs Queensland this sunday? Comments on the players?

we havent played a quality team yet apart from oakleigh whose defense was very competiive, therefore i was asking for the defence line up of the top teams such as OT and OEGFC....
my tips fot the weekend..

OI V OT - OI in the match of the round to beat an underdone trinity. Knowing our neighbours they will be one of the teams to beat in the second part of the draw with several high quality players playing in there seniors. They most likely have the best u19s player in the competititon by the name of Brendan Iezzi.

OEGFC V BENT - This will be closer than one thinks, as i believe oegfc will be complacent after two 100+ wins. There is a tendency for this club to get too far ahead of themselves such as this website indicates.

MHS VS LATROBE - Who cares?

Mentone vs Ormond - Ormond should beat the coastal brigade comfortable, being too strong in the air and through the midfield.

Bulleen Temp vs Oakleig - Very good game both teams need a win to keep in touch of the four. The winner of the midfields will decide this one.

mate when are you thinking of stopping? everyone knows your not Delmonte, so why do you keep on goin?

now mate, i have a very good question for u::
Q: If you are the 'real' delmonte, how would you know about the strength of the midfields of Ormond and of Old Essendon?????

Firstly, the boys from Old Ivanhoe smashed Ormond, so there was no way in which delmonte could have noticed this so-called 'strength' in the Ormond midfield...and as for Old Essendon, having not played them yet, how would delmonte know a single player in that side, let alone their whole midfield?????

stop sooking bigsticks, or i'll get mega jim to give you a MEGA fly kick to the side of the head!

ur a classic GOODMAN!

couldn't be more right bigsticks. cut the crap demonte wannabe, u expect ppl to take you seriously, follow spargo's lead, stop posting, get a new name or somehting just cut it the demonte stuff out. its not funny... leave the comedy to GOODMAN.

As I was stumbling my way around youtube and its surroundings, I came across a video which included a rather familiar face. Although initially, I was unsure to the individual's exact identity, It didn't take me long to put a name to the face. Check out this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC4NmYEGrHg. And see if you can guess who the last person in the chain is. I'll give you a clue, He's an OE boy.

haha that is the best video ever... Benson is awesome and tall...

whitegoodman... funny i discussed this name the other day with a fello friend! :rolleyes:

Like the new segment White ... are you trying to take over jonny Aitken's job??? which wouldn't be hard to do as he displays extreme bias...

OI look much to stong for an out of sorts OT, prob safest bet, and as for MHSOB getting there first win, it will be tough, as La Trobe, who last week against OE were vastly undermaned, as many regulars where out, but hopefully for MHSOB there first win come's this weekend... good luck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knight Rider's weekly tips are in...

Essendon v Bentleigh - Fridman might cause some trouble for the boys from the west but at home in front of the faithful, the baby bombers will increase their winning streak to 7. (46pts)

Trinity v Ivanhoe - Trinity will be looking to prove the pundits wrong and show their still the real deal, but even at home, Ivanhoe led by Delmonte and Gieshen will be too strong. (30pts)

MHSOB v La Trobe - My heart says MHS, but the head says La Trobe. If La Trobe bring the same professionalism as last week then MHS are a real chance. With players out for exams at La Trobe, it's MHS best chance for victory and I'm tipping their first win at the Postage Stamp. Don't let me down MEGA! (7pts)

Mentone v Ormond - Should be a great tussle with two teams of equal strength. Keysborough hasn't been a fortress for the Tone's and unfortunately this week it will be stormed once more. Ormond to claim victory and slay the princess. (24pts)

Bulleen Temp v Oakleigh - Oakleigh seem up and running and displayed excellent football last week to smash Mentone. Bulleen are a different beast at home but Oakleigh are coming. (42pts)

Knight Rider's weekly tips are in...

Essendon v Bentleigh - Fridman might cause some trouble for the boys from the west but at home in front of the faithful, the baby bombers will increase their winning streak to 7. (46pts)

Trinity v Ivanhoe - Trinity will be looking to prove the pundits wrong and show their still the real deal, but even at home, Ivanhoe led by Delmonte and Gieshen will be too strong. (30pts)

MHSOB v La Trobe - My heart says MHS, but the head says La Trobe. If La Trobe bring the same professionalism as last week then MHS are a real chance. With players out for exams at La Trobe, it's MHS best chance for victory and I'm tipping their first win at the Postage Stamp. Don't let me down MEGA! (7pts)

Mentone v Ormond - Should be a great tussle with two teams of equal strength. Keysborough hasn't been a fortress for the Tone's and unfortunately this week it will be stormed once more. Ormond to claim victory and slay the princess. (24pts)

Bulleen Temp v Oakleigh - Oakleigh seem up and running and displayed excellent football last week to smash Mentone. Bulleen are a different beast at home but Oakleigh are coming. (42pts)

Unfortunately is still out for at least another 6-7 weeks... had an operation/surgery on his hand the other week...

Agree with all your tips aswell Knighta... but believe Ormond (depending kind of which line up plays), Old Ivanhoe and Oakleigh will both win by more...this also is really MHSOB best chance of securing a win on the board...

Coolbananas tips mirror the likes of knighta's tips for this week. The only main difference i think is bulleen temp v oakleigh will be a closer game. Also agree with many on this thread that it's mhsob's real chance of getting a win on the board. good luck megajim!
cant wait for the match in a few weeks though, match of the year between the boys from keilor hill and the hoes. will definately make sure im at the game which promises to be a beauty. my early tip though is OE. They will go into the match as slight underdogs but i feel that they will just get over the line in the last term. I have listened to a couple of the 3 qr time adresses by the coaches from OE and they seem to know what they are talking about and know how to get the best out of their players. They also dont mind making a few jokes every now and then which is good to see!

Well it has been a boring day so i think ill stop my essay writing here
good luck to everyone on saturday!
Coolbananas!

As I was stumbling my way around youtube and its surroundings, I came across a video which included a rather familiar face. Although initially, I was unsure to the individual's exact identity, It didn't take me long to put a name to the face. Check out this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC4NmYEGrHg. And see if you can guess who the last person in the chain is. I'll give you a clue, He's an OE boy.

great video Snappy! i was lookin thru youtube and found a similar one, just like benson.... too much hair!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?search=&mode=related&v=0yhQbyvy8ZU check it out might resemble GOODMAN's mother or maybe his gf, or maybe they're the same person. see what you think!!

Big Dippa out!

a note in advance to junkyard and b-rek, dont bother reading beyond this. you simply will not understand any of it, and will probably take you both some time to read some of the 'big' words...
'what a piece of work is man!' now i wouldnt hav to tell you what play that was from as u are such a big fan!

sorry for the late response mega, but i had almost forgotton about your question. however, whilst i was enjoying my evening meal, i remembered i had forgotton to post a reply... the answer of course is Hamlet. it actually happens to be one of my favourite quotes. One that i recite daily, whilst admiring the gift god gave me.
however another quote from bill shakespeare holds a greater place in my heart. it reads:

"O, beware, my lord of jealousy;
It is the green-ey'd monster which doth mock
The meat it feeds on."
i'm sure you too mega, like i, need to keep this quote in mind, when you deal with the constant envious glares that we 'superiors' receive on a regular basis.

whilst i could go on for hours about the wounders of the shakespearian language, i must keep in mind the fact that this is a footy forum and stick to footy. so mega, lets postpone this conversation until one night at room over a few drinks. i love a good lemon, lime and bitters!!

I have listened to a couple of the 3 qr time adresses by the coaches from OE and they seem to know what they are talking about and know how to get the best out of their players. They also dont mind making a few jokes every now and then which is good to see!

Coolbananas!

stop sucking ass coolbananas and get a life :D

Fable believes that despite La Trobes unprofessionalism they will get over the line against MHSOB
There may also be an unexpected upset in Bulleen Temp defeating Oakleigh..Watch out oakleigh you may have to re evaluate your finals anticipations

Fable,
by no means does coolbananas have any connection to anyone at OE, even the coaches so i do not see this "sucking ass" as a valid comment. but seen as you gave me a nice cheesy grin i will forgive you because i can see how it could be misinterpreted that way!:eek:

coolbananas

a note in advance to junkyard and b-rek, dont bother reading beyond this. you simply will not understand any of it, and will probably take you both some time to read some of the 'big' words...

sorry for the late response mega, but i had almost forgotton about your question. however, whilst i was enjoying my evening meal, i remembered i had forgotton to post a reply... the answer of course is Hamlet. it actually happens to be one of my favourite quotes. One that i recite daily, whilst admiring the gift god gave me.
however another quote from bill shakespeare holds a greater place in my heart. it reads:

"O, beware, my lord of jealousy;
It is the green-ey'd monster which doth mock
The meat it feeds on."
i'm sure you too mega, like i, need to keep this quote in mind, when you deal with the constant envious glares that we 'superiors' receive on a regular basis.

whilst i could go on for hours about the wounders of the shakespearian language, i must keep in mind the fact that this is a footy forum and stick to footy. so mega, lets postpone this conversation until one night at room over a few drinks. i love a good lemon, lime and bitters!!
It's amazing, 10 million sperm and u were the winner!! Such is life...

Just going thru all the posts on this thread am i to conclude that the only 2 teams with a chance of winning the flag this year are OE and OI?? Surely there are others who can challenge for this title?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back