Vafa U/19 (3) - 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulleen Templestowe and Bentleigh charged with a major melee which allegedly occurred in their under-19 match on Saturday August 11 which caused the match to be abandoned.
Both clubs pleaded guilty and were fined $600. No game credits to be recorded.
Thanks for the update Large_John, but you can probably drop "allegedly" given both teams pleaded guilty and the charges stood up.

cheers, buddy.

Bulleen Templestowe and Bentleigh charged with a major melee which allegedly occurred in their under-19 match on Saturday August 11 which caused the match to be abandoned.
Both clubs pleaded guilty and were fined $600. No game credits to be recorded.
Thanks for the update Large_John, but you can probably drop "allegedly" given both teams pleaded guilty and the charges stood up.

cheers, buddy.

Maybe you should let the Vafa know then Blueboy considering i copy, pasted it directly from the website. :thumbsu:

And for future reference Tribunal results are released on the vafa website on Wednesday morning so next time take a look there first.

cheers, buddy.

Tips for Rnd 17:

MHSOB vs BT

Oakleigh vs Ormond

Old Ivanhoe vs Old Mentonians

Old Trinity vs Old Essendon

Bentleigh with the bye.

No preview this week, i'll leave that to White Winners.

All the best to everyone involved with U/19 Div 3 for the second last round of 2007!

Tips for Rnd 17:

MHSOB vs BT

Oakleigh vs Ormond

Old Ivanhoe vs Old Mentonians

Old Trinity vs Old Essendon

Bentleigh with the bye.

No preview this week, i'll leave that to White Winners.

All the best to everyone involved with U/19 Div 3 for the second last round of 2007!

LJ,

do you guys have many of your senior boys playing, coz i can really see you boys coming away with the points this week!

LJ,

do you guys have many of your senior boys playing, coz i can really see you boys coming away with the points this week!

Agree Lefty. Would be very suprised if they got any of their players back from the seniors given their seniors are playing their biggest game of the year against St.Bernards (Trinity lose and fair chance they're going to B section).

LJ,

Not really lefty. Got a batch of young Mill Park boys who are all very decent players for the team. Got Stockdale back this week which will be a big inclusion, but for the others it looks ike this: pacconi (injured), Jessup (seniors), iezzi (seniors), mccasker (seniors), osborn (seniors).

Just playing to our potential i guess...

Whitey, whitey, whitey. Don't let that fool JA put u off ur game. Give the people what they want - give us "White's Winners"......I can't go into a round of footy without ur wisdom and guidence. Please don't keep me waiting!

A very exciting round of football is now only 1 sleep away, and White has had to think long and hard about his tips this week.

MHSOB v BT: if MH can back up last weeks performance when they kept in touch with OI for most of the game (even though they were probably never going to win), then the boys from Mega High might be able to snatch victory number 3. Having said that, BT will be enraged after the last weeks results, and should be too strong for MH. (39pts)

Oakleigh v Ormond: both teams losing games they perhaps should have won last week, this will surely be the match of the round. Third position is the reward for the Krushers if they win, but more than that is at stake... a pshycological advantage for when these two meet again in the first week of the finals will be what both teams are looking for. On paper Oakleigh look like they could get the victory, but often they underperform. I'll tip Ormond to win, with no great certainty. ( less than 2 kicks)

OI v OM: OI should win comfortably, however are currently in a form slump, and OM, as we have seen, can pull just about anything out of the hat. But you'd expect the cream to rise to the top, and OI to win by 8 goals.

OT v OE: Looking back at last time these two met, it was an absolute cracker, with one straight kick seperating the two teams. i have a hunch that OT will be coming out hard at the baby bombers, looking to get some payback for the last time they met. Both teams, judging from last weeks performance, and OEs last few rounds look to be in good form, but with the injuries that LJ mentioned and the others playing seniors, OE will be looking to take the points. Visitors by 3 goals.

Just a bit of a tip to everyone, watch out for the OEG boys to start hitting hard over the next couple of weeks. They are almost back at full strength, with just a couple playes not in the team this week, and I'm getting a feeling they are starting to get pretty hungry after a couple of weeks off. See how they go over the next couple of weeks, as both games are away games against quality sides, and I think will really show if they are prepared or not. Bentleigh having a break two weeks before the finals will be good for them to freshen up a bit too. All the teams in the top four are really close, anyone can beat anyone. Its going to be a very interesting 5 weeks of football.

Handball of the round goes to J. Tootel, 3rd Quarter of today's match.

I only dream that I could describe the magnificence of the handball, But in all honestly, There is just no describing it. If you weren't one of the lucky ones who had the privilege... nay, the honour, of witnessing the outstanding event first hand, Then I feel very sorry for you.

Today, we stood in the presence of greatness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MHSOB and BT story:

Game time changed to 9:20, BT not aware of this change. VAFA site has given MHSOB the points though. Could be if either MHSOB or Bentleigh has to be relegated.

red hot as usual sandman! if what you say is true, that is a very dissapointing result for BT, however even more so, if Bentleigh were to be relegated ahead of MH, it would be an injustice of epic proportions! Bentleigh, although sitting with only 12 points, have proven they can take it up to the like of OI, OE and Ormond. I would expect next year, with some expierience and a more mature list, they could cause some headaches in the u19(3), 2008.

Also, any feedback from the Ormond v Oakleigh game?? A much more one sided affair than i expected...

Very cut throat finals series coming up in under 19 section 3.

OE face OI this week in round 18, then no matter what the result they face them again in the first week of the finals, with the winner going through to the GF and the loser probably playing Ormond (If the Ormond v Oakleigh game goes the way it did on the weekend) in the Prelim... Looks like OE and OI will get to know each other very well by the end of this season...

Ormond the wildcard, OI the faviorites and don't rule out OE. Either way, whoever wins this finals series will have earnt it come that last day in september...

Just a few questions:

Trump players in the finals for all sides?
Can OE beat OI and go straight through to the granny? How/Why?
Can Oakleigh beat Ormond after being pumped on the weekend? How/Why?
Can ormond go all the way... win three games on the trot in finals? How/Why?

Good luck to all teams playing there last games this weekend!

OE face OI this week in round 18, then no matter what the result they face them again in the first week of the finals, with the winner going through to the GF and the loser probably playing Ormond (If the Ormond v Oakleigh game goes the way it did on the weekend) in the Prelim... Looks like OE and OI will get to know each other very well by the end of this season...

Ormond the wildcard, OI the faviorites and don't rule out OE. Either way, whoever wins this finals series will have earnt it come that last day in september...

Just a few questions:

Lovely work Nathan!

The GULL does not wish to respond to your questions, however he would like to note to the wider bigfooty community and all lovers of the English language, that the spelling of the 'bolded' word 'there', is INCORRECT. It should in fact be spelt: their

The GULL

Just a few questions:

very nice work browny... i expect this week in the OI and OE there will be alot of playing with match ups n the coaching staffs really watching closer then ever b4... to get the perfect match ups on each other!

also in rounf 18 MHS and bentleigh fight for surfival in the section with both almost a certaintly to lose but hey, weird things happen in footy

as to ur questions i think this week will telll us weather or not OE can win and go straight thru to the granny

oakieigh have a real chance of beating ormond as they only lost by 10 pts the first time, senconf at 9:20 in the morning alot of their blokes showed only half an hour b4 the game and were a rable, would expect them to be alot more focused n swiched on for finals

ormond can win it, they have beaten every side in the top 4 !

wat a finals series

im going to OI to go straight to the granny n ormond to meet them there!

Excellent initial work being put together by the wider U19 community in anticipation of what should be a great finals series.

It does start this week at Chelsworth with OI taking on OE in what should the first of 2 excellent games. I can't see either side giving away too much but Ivanhoe have more to play for with the game being re-scheduled to 11:40am so a luncheon and senior side can watch the spectacle. I doubt the result either way will be an indication as to the following week.

Ormond have beaten OI & Oakleigh yet have lost to OE twice who they might face off in a prelim final which would be a tough ask.

Of the top 4 sides I feel Oakleigh are the least dangerous but if what others say are true, then they might shake Ormond next week under different circumstances.

ah seagull.... although i am flattered that you want to be like me, and i can fully understand why you would want to be, i do not appreciate you copying my famous phrase 'Nobody makes me bleed my own blood' remove it at once or you shall feel the wrath of white!

also, perfect player, sharpen up fool! as my beloved Knight Rider mentioned, Ormond have not beaten everyside in the top 4! they have been rolled by OE twice by a collective margin of 78 pts.

ah seagull.... although i am flattered that you want to be like me, and i can fully understand why you would want to be, i do not appreciate you copying my famous phrase 'Nobody makes me bleed my own blood' remove it at once or you shall feel the wrath of white!

also, perfect player, sharpen up fool! as my beloved Knight Rider mentioned, Ormond have not beaten everyside in the top 4! they have been rolled by OE twice by a collective margin of 78 pts.

haha yea my bad white..

Knighta you have announced that you would be realeasing your end of season dream team, tips for B&F and of course the Norm Smith.

My question is, when?

Would also like to see End of Season Dream Teams & B&F Tips from the seasoned Bigfooty veterans with the likes of Leftfootkick, WhiteGoodman, MightySainters and possibly Titeleash, Sandman or even MegaJim.... I will release a DT at the conclusion of Rnd 18, early next week. Hope you all do the same!

I will do the same LJ, most likely mid to late of next week as we have Mad Monday festivities to attend too!

How you guys looking for this week, still no luck with the senior boys, or you getting them back for the final tussel of the year!

Also is it just me, or has this season gone SUPER QUICK... it feels like we're not even half way through, just my thoughts!

WG, how are your predictions for this week... can we see any upsets in the final round for the year!

Good luck to all who take the field, especially to those who are putting on the jumper for the last time in 2007!

Knighta you have announced that you would be realeasing your end of season dream team, tips for B&F and of course the Norm Smith.

My question is, when?

Would also like to see End of Season Dream Teams & B&F Tips from the seasoned Bigfooty veterans with the likes of Leftfootkick, WhiteGoodman, MightySainters and possibly Titeleash, Sandman or even MegaJim.... I will release a DT at the conclusion of Rnd 18, early next week. Hope you all do the same!
LJ...the dream team should be posted early next week if not soon but I'll be attending the OI v OE match this weekend and will reserve judgement until I've seen these guys in action one last time. I feel it unfair to name a team with a round remaining.

I also hope to post a finals preview in SWOT style format as a curtain raiser to the finals series.

I also agree the second half of the season has gone quickly, probably more so with 2 byes for a lot of teams.

I'll be back tomorrow for my weekly predictions so until then...Tell'em Knighta sent you!

Here we go...the final round of the season! It's gone extremely fast and for some perhaps not fast enough, however with that begins the next chapter, the finals.

Round 18 action is somewhat stagnant with a few lacklustre games taking place this weekend.

Ormond v MHSOB - I have serious doubts this game will take place but for Mega I'm still hoping. MHS deserve a final match in what has been an extremely tough season. Unfortunately i can't see them winning against a red hot Ormond determined to iron out and faults before next week. (60pts+)

Ivanhoe v Essendon - Should give a mouth-watering taste of what to expect next week in the 2nd semi and don't expect either side to give away much in the way of tactics. Ivanhoe have built the game up massively with the home crowd so they'd want to perform! Rumours abound that Cerantonio, Benson and Turner have season ending injuries so I'm tipping the home side but only just. (18pts)

Bentleigh v Trinity - Could turn ugly out east in this match as the home crowd can be quite feral at times. However, in a nothing match the hedge burners will win their final game and lament on what could have been a good season. I believe the Trinity coach needs to shut his mouth and focus more on the game rather than the umpires for next season IMO! (35pts)

Bulleen v Mentone - 2:00pm boys dont forget! Shocking logistical ability by BT last week which is unexcusable in my book. Mentone won't like the trip up north but might just win with a few school boys in the side. One gets the feeling Mentone will also be lamenting the season gone, but would be foolish because all along Knighta has said they were kidding themselves and couldn't make the finals and he was right! (22pts)

Oakleigh (BYE) - might be singing bye, bye, bye next saturday arvo depending on how the week off affects the boys. Could be a positive or negative and time will tell i guess.

Congradulations to all those players that took part this year in what has been a thoroughly entertaining U19 Div 3 season. Some excellent matchs were played and serious senior talent uncovered.

Enjoy your U19 experience because it will be some of the best football you play!

and remember...Tell'em Knighta sent you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back