Mod. Notice Vale Grand Uncle Horace

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
It is with great sadness that I announce our Grand Uncle Horace has left us. He had been ill for some time and this battle was one he could not argue with... Well, he probably did - Uncle could and would argue with anyone about just about anything, but some debates cannot be won.

He was passionate about a great many things and would defend that which he loved long and loud. One of which was his beloved Bloods. An olde Souths Man to his very core he would often regal us with stories of watching South Melbourne greats at Lakeside Oval.

I caught up with Uncle a number of times over the years and recall when we convinced him to come to the G when instead of going home after drinks. Ben Ronke kicked 7. A great time was had I can tell you - Uncle gave the Hawk lads hell throughout the game.

There was never a moniker Uncle couldn't provide to a team that didn't defy linguistic interpretation - anything but their actual name. Especially Saints & North :tongueoutv1: He introduced me to words like: flogstradamus, Citizen Kane and comments like: This is less an advertisement for the game and more a tax deduction.

And god help the player he got a set on. He was diabolical.

He was active across a great many boards on BF. Sweet FA and Paddocks & Plates

Uncle - was at times an eloquent passionate pain in the arse but you were ours and we loved you for it. Fly high Uncle and we'll see you next time around.

Given his admiration of the great Ron Clegg and it seems appropriate that we add Ron here for one last conversation.

1721636562175.png

Oh shit? wow , he was stubborn but passionate , really enjoyed his work, called me Mr The King 🤣 wanted JPK out for about 3 years

He was great

that's sad news

wow shocked , puts things into perspective RIP and thoughts with his family

Sad news, had some great times with him in the SFA, ran a few games with him. Hayward put in a strong display for him on the weekend at least.

One of the great personalities on bigfooty
Will miss the old grump greatly

Behind that sometimes rough exterior was a top tier bloke

Sad to hear of his passing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rest in Peace I’m sure he’s up there having a nice drink.

He was a wonderful person inside and out.

We have lost a couple of our family this year, may everyone remember that life is so short, give your love to your loved ones in his memory

Rest in

OMFG, nooooooooo god please no :sadv1:

Shit, sorry like I'm really heartbroken about the news as a Wonders teammate for the past couple of years, this breaks my heart so much and I feel extremely upset about this tbh.

Even though we would always argue about my Ralph antics and Simpsons memes in the match threads, he was such a good guy and always there if I needed it and **** I'm shattered for his family and friends right now but I hope he is at peace wherever he maybe right now.

AnUltimateRessie, HARPSichord, ClarkeM, DenieD, Pamcake1, please tell the club the really horrible news please.

Oh shit? wow , he was stubborn but passionate , really enjoyed his work, called me Mr The King 🤣 wanted JPK out for about 3 years

He was great

that's sad news

wow shocked , puts things into perspective RIP and thoughts with his family
When Uncle thought a player was 'done' there wasn't anything or anyone for that matter who could convince him otherwise. The man was relentless.

When Uncle thought a player was 'done' there wasn't anything or anyone for that matter who could convince him otherwise. The man was relentless.

But you knew he loved the club , just seemed a decent guy as much as you can tell on here

But you knew he loved the club , just seemed a decent guy as much as you can tell on here
Now I wish Sydney won yesterday just for him and to also let him know how great of a guy he was 😥

Now I wish Sydney won yesterday just for him and to also let him know how great of a guy he was 😥

I mean this with humour as I think he would laugh , but he probably left the planet just to avoid having to praise Hayward for battling through injury

Managed to catch up a few times. With his rollies and Peaky Blinders cap he was a character that's for sure. You could never argue about his love for the Bloods.

Very sad to hear, loved the banter with him and he also was able to take the p155 out of himself as well. Reckon he would have dipped his lid to Hayward yesterday.RIP GUH.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mod. Notice Vale Grand Uncle Horace

Remove this Banner Ad

Back