Autopsy 2022 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Selwood retires
Watching the later stage and presentation of the Grand Final (which I painstakingly put myself through), I had assumed he must have already announced it as it appeared quite obviously the case to me 🤷‍♂️

Peaking to early is a cop out

It was 2 games later - they had some rest

Simple fact they absolutely s**t the bed
I'm just saying that 10 wins in a row might've been a bridge too far for this group, and if we hadn't had to win every single game leading into the finals then we could've come in with a few huge performances up our sleeves. Instead it felt like we really only had one (and a half) huge performances left in us and we used it first week of finals.

I'm just saying that 10 wins in a row might've been a bridge too far for this group, and if we hadn't had to win every single game leading into the finals then we could've come in with a few huge performances up our sleeves. Instead it felt like we really only had one (and a half) huge performances left in us and we used it first week of finals.
They had just done 9

It’s what we dished is what the problem for me is

Loosing yer but players like heeney , Parker etc not getting near it , letting 31 year old tuey run away from you ball watching is not acceptable

Last edited:
They had just done 9

Only 1 more

Loosing yer but players like heeney , Parker etc not getting near it , letting 31 year old tuey run away from you ball watching is not acceptable
You say that like nine in a row isn't a massive feat that would've taken a lot out of them.

As for "only one more", if they're already rooted and then against a fit, strong, mature side at the peak of its powers, then that "one more" just becomes that much harder. Geelong probably could've played a few more weeks after last, they were that primed for it.

I will say that I'm with you on the leaders, they really let us down and I think they should've been primed and able to handle nine in a row and "one more", unlike the youngsters. The problem is that about half the team were youngsters.

Just an

stop making excuses ffs

Oh they won 16 blah blah

We win 9 so ******* what

They were the top team

It was 81 points

No excuses for that s**t what so ever so don’t try to make them
Where did i f ing excuse them im devastated as it's the 5th losing one ive been to and sick of it IN 16 WE WERE ROBBED ,THIS ONE THEY WERE TFG

Cats won 15 in a row because they were the class of the comp.

We won 9 in a row because we had to in order to make top 4.

We played like a desperate team for 3 months and it took a toll.

Flicked it over to Foxfooty (out of instinct). In 10 seconds, I saw Cameron shrug McInerney's tackle, give to Close on his own 20m from goal, who gives to Dangerfield, who shrugs Stephens' tackle, who then kicks to De Koning standing on his own in the goal square.

:sick::sick:🤢🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
Roids will do that for you.
No way one team is THAT bigger, and THAT stronger than the rest of the comp. EVERY old player they had in career best form. Every young one just killing opponents.
Save the samples. The testing will catch up in a few years to whatever it is they are doing.

First half of the season we struggled to string 3 wins a row. Pulling together 9 was still a great effort.

Credit to Geelong, 2 games and 17% better than us at the end of the home and away season.

The disappointment is that we didn’t take it up to them. Losing to the best team in the competition is not the end of the world. Rather it’s the manner that sucks.

On a positive we won 2 finals, more than Essendon has in 18 years.

We also won 18 games. In 19 and 20 combined we only won 13.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They had just done 9

But what can you do now, have a members day where you can go stone them?
but what about female members

FF0B8A82-E107-42AE-9D43-B97C08478D66.png

Can't believe people still browse without ad blockers on.

what if I see an offer for a p***s enlarger that is better than mine

Roids will do that for you.
No way one team is THAT bigger, and THAT stronger than the rest of the comp. EVERY old player they had in career best form. Every young one just killing opponents.
Save the samples. The testing will catch up in a few years to whatever it is they are doing.
I really feel sorry for you if that's your attitude !

Cats won 15 in a row because they were the class of the comp.

We won 9 in a row because we had to in order to make top 4.

We played like a desperate team for 3 months and it took a toll.

How do you stop that happening then? rest old guys?

i guess the other side is early this year who had clarke and fox best 22

never know who steps up or maybe campbell and wicks jump up
Not only best 22, two of only a handful that turned up on Saturday.
Same for their fans.

Walking back along the Yarra after 14/16 was an absolutely dire experience, being constantly heckled into the night.

No such issues cruising around in Swans colours on Saturday ninight.
Yep they were terrific, a world away from the Hawthorn and Dogs arseholes.

First half of the season we struggled to string 3 wins a row. Pulling together 9 was still a great effort.

Credit to Geelong, 2 games and 17% better than us at the end of the home and away season.

The disappointment is that we didn’t take it up to them. Losing to the best team in the competition is not the end of the world. Rather it’s the manner that sucks.

On a positive we won 2 finals, more than Essendon has in 18 years.

We also won 18 games. In 19 and 20 combined we only won 13.
We were still better than 16 teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back