Autopsy 2022 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

A team that seemingly rorts outside player payments to sign and retain players like yours is rumoured to; it's not a stretch to think they cheat in other ways.

you are embarrassing yourself

People went on for years how Lance Armstrong was legit too. Just an extraordinary talent they said. There's no evidence they said.
Then testing caught up.

Tbf though, watching the one clean athelete beat all the other convicted cheats required a fair bit of cognitive dissonance.

it was blatantly obvious to me he was cheating. and I was 14.

I don’t know if this is just me, but I’ve moved on from this far quicker than the previous two grand final defeats. We did well to turn our season around after it looked like we might struggle to make the eight at one stage, and the Cats were just too good. Disappointing to continue our losing streak in grand finals but I don’t think this one will leave too many scars, somehow.

I don’t know if this is just me, but I’ve moved on from this far quicker than the previous two grand final defeats. We did well to turn our season around after it looked like we might struggle to make the eight at one stage, and the Cats were just too good. Disappointing to continue our losing streak in grand finals but I don’t think this one will leave too many scars, somehow.
I'm the same. 2014 hit me hard because we were the best team that year. In 2022 we squeaked in with a point win over Collingwood. It was our worst game of the year. But in my mind, our premiership tilt started end of last year. This is a new team. In our first year we came second. We were flogged in the grand final but we are a young team and we will learn and grow from it. Next year is year 2 for this team.........

Think it helps all the other bullshit we have been through with covid too helps

At least we got a proper bloody season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve moved on fairly quickly. I thought we did well just to make when it looked missing the 8.

The 06 grand final took ages to move on from. So close so far.

I had written us off by round 16 and every week thereafter I kept having David Byrne moments. "How did I get here?" Especially when we were winning finals.

Was an amazing season really and to make a grand final was unreal, but I still don't think this was our flag push.

A lot of our best players aren't even in their primes and will still only get better.

I’ve moved on fairly quickly. I thought we did well just to make when it looked missing the 8.

The 06 grand final took ages to move on from. So close so far.
I’m still not over 2016*. 2005/2006 at one a piece seems fair to me, didn’t deserve to win 2006, behind all day. 2022 I’m not over. Not that we lost, it’s the manner in which we lost compared to every other match this year.

I had written us off by round 16 and every week thereafter I kept having David Byrne moments. "How did I get here?" Especially when we were winning finals.

Was an amazing season really and to make a grand final was unreal, but I still don't think this was our flag push.

A lot of our best players aren't even in their primes and will still only get better.
My David Byrne moments in the GF were ‘same as it ever was’ and ‘once in a lifetime’.

True. There's also no guaranatee any of them will ever play in a GF again though.

No its just incredibly hard to get back to again not even Melbourne who looked unstoppable made it this season and they were at one stage 11-0!
Right, but what option is there other than to believe our players will be good enough? If our club didn't think they were all good enough to get us back to a GF then they wouldn't be on the list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back