Autopsy 2022 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Our draw is going to be brutal and we are notoriously slow starters we literally cannot afford to drop games to teams outside of the 8.

we started 5-1 this year
4-2 last year

we also beat every other top 4 side this year so why are we facing a brutal draw

they aren't grand finals every week so we should be ok

week on i've got my swans gear like hat etc back out

saturday stinks last week and i think we could win at our best, but we are on a journey

This sting will be replaced by triumph soon imo

week on i've got my swans gear like hat etc back out

saturday stinks last week and i think we could win at our best, but we are on a journey

This sting will be replaced by triumph soon imo

We're on a quest.

Haha...harsh.
I'm guilty of looking up an earlier fare Sunday morning coz I'd allowed for the celebrations @ Marvel.
With a $1000+ flight change I decided to stay in Melb for the arvo.
I'd booked the last flight from Melb to Adel on Sunday night to allow for the Marvel event, catch ups etc. In the end I had a nice lunch, but then wandered around killing time wishing I could head back earlier. Then copped a bout of food poisoning which luckily only struck before and after my flight, not during.

I'd booked the last flight from Melb to Adel on Sunday night to allow for the Marvel event, catch ups etc. In the end I had a nice lunch, but then wandered around killing time wishing I could head back earlier. Then copped a bout of food poisoning which luckily only struck before and after my flight, not during.
haha. I flew Perth-Sydney -Perth for the prelimin and back for work. Sprained my ankle on the way to the SCG with an inglorious fall on the Taylor Square pedestrian crossing. Totally worth it. Flew Perth-Melbourne-Perth For the GF. Tested Covid positive on arrival back home. Missed a week of work. Now broke. Would I do it again? Yes.!!! Reckon I got the Covid hugging random strangers after the prelim final win. Only time I wasn't wearing my mask. I think it's a rare type of joy you get in those moments, and you've got to risk the pain of the GF, to chance that joy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

‘Downfall’, writes the American Zen Buddhist Natalie Goldberg, ‘brings us to the ground, facing the nitty-gritty, things as they are with no glitter. Success cannot last forever. Everyone’s time runs out.’ She goes on: ‘Achievement solidifies us. Believing we are invincible, we want more and more.' But to see and feel things as they really are, ‘we have to crash. Only then can we drop through to a more authentic self. Zen transmits its legacy from this deeper place. It is a different kind of failure: The Great Failure, a boundless surrender. Nothing to hold on to, and nothing to lose.'

‘Downfall’, writes the American Zen Buddhist Natalie Goldberg, ‘brings us to the ground, facing the nitty-gritty, things as they are with no glitter. Success cannot last forever. Everyone’s time runs out.’ She goes on: ‘Achievement solidifies us. Believing we are invincible, we want more and more.' But to see and feel things as they really are, ‘we have to crash. Only then can we drop through to a more authentic self. Zen transmits its legacy from this deeper place. It is a different kind of failure: The Great Failure, a boundless surrender. Nothing to hold on to, and nothing to lose.'
You getting into Kirky's debrief notes again?

We defeated Cats in regular season.

Parra beat Panthers in regular season.

Cats and Panthers convincingly most consistent teams in respective competitions. Deservedly number 1 at end of regular season.

Cats and Panthers win their GFs decisively.

Doesn't always happen that the best team of the year wins overall but did happen in AFL and NRL in 2023.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back