Mod. Notice Vale Grand Uncle Horace

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
It is with great sadness that I announce our Grand Uncle Horace has left us. He had been ill for some time and this battle was one he could not argue with... Well, he probably did - Uncle could and would argue with anyone about just about anything, but some debates cannot be won.

He was passionate about a great many things and would defend that which he loved long and loud. One of which was his beloved Bloods. An olde Souths Man to his very core he would often regal us with stories of watching South Melbourne greats at Lakeside Oval.

I caught up with Uncle a number of times over the years and recall when we convinced him to come to the G when instead of going home after drinks. Ben Ronke kicked 7. A great time was had I can tell you - Uncle gave the Hawk lads hell throughout the game.

There was never a moniker Uncle couldn't provide to a team that didn't defy linguistic interpretation - anything but their actual name. Especially Saints & North :tongueoutv1: He introduced me to words like: flogstradamus, Citizen Kane and comments like: This is less an advertisement for the game and more a tax deduction.

And god help the player he got a set on. He was diabolical.

He was active across a great many boards on BF. Sweet FA and Paddocks & Plates

Uncle - was at times an eloquent passionate pain in the arse but you were ours and we loved you for it. Fly high Uncle and we'll see you next time around.

Given his admiration of the great Ron Clegg and it seems appropriate that we add Ron here for one last conversation.

1721636562175.png

Jesus ****. You could definitely feel the impact he had on the boards and BigFooty in general. Definitely one of the forum's great characters. Will be missed. RIP.

It is with great sadness that I announce our Grand Uncle Horace has left us. He had been ill for some time and this battle was one he could not argue with... Well, he probably did - Uncle could and would argue with anyone about just about anything, but some debates cannot be won.

He was passionate about a great many things and would defend that which he loved long and loud. One of which was his beloved Bloods. An olde Souths Man to his very core he would often regal us with stories of watching South Melbourne greats at Lakeside Oval.

I caught up with Uncle a number of times over the years and recall when we convinced him to come to the G when instead of going home after drinks. Ben Ronke kicked 7. A great time was had I can tell you - Uncle gave the Hawk lads hell throughout the game.

There was never a moniker Uncle couldn't provide to a team that didn't defy linguistic interpretation - anything but their actual name. Especially Saints & North :tongueoutv1: He introduced me to words like: flogstradamus, Citizen Kane and comments like: This is less an advertisement for the game and more a tax deduction.

And god help the player he got a set on. He was diabolical.

He was active across a great many boards on BF. Sweet FA and Paddocks & Plates

Uncle - was at times an eloquent passionate pain in the arse but you were ours and we loved you for it. Fly high Uncle and we'll see you next time around.

Given his admiration of the great Ron Clegg and it seems appropriate that we add Ron here for one last conversation.

View attachment 2055872
Vale great man!!!

I’ll miss our interactions dearly and I loved how easily you could get under opposition posters skin.

Loved ya guts👍👍👍👍

I only knew Uncle breifly but during my first season at the Wonders he sure was one of my favorites a joy to have around, I was wondering why he disappeared despite the short time I spent playing and interacting with him at the Wonders, like most of you he will be greatly missed by myself the wonders players, the SFA and big footy community, vale GUH

One of his best...

Am still getting my head around the idea Norf can actually have a best players list. As opposed to least embarrassing.

A funny & infuriating man who I wouldn't have had any other way.

I take some solace from the fact the Swans game this week almost went exactly how he would've wanted it - with JPK in retirement, Rowbottom out of the team, and Horse copping flack for playing injured players. If only we'd got the W for the club he loved so much.

Rest in peace Horace.

We lost a special person. He held on for much longer than we and he expected. He wouldn’t want us wallowing but we will, because he was a beacon of fun and misery all in one and this will take some time. Thanks for the good times and the many chats Horry. Much love mate 🍷

One of his best...

I take some solace from the fact the Swans game this week almost went exactly how he would've wanted it - with JPK in retirement, Rowbottom out of the team, and Horse copping flack for playing injured players. If only we'd got the W for the club he loved so much.

Rest in peace Horace.
oh boy he rattled my cage, and was probably pissing himself with laughter while doing it.

My skin was gotten under :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of his best...

Rest in peace Horace.
Perfectly summed up caesar88.

Ah crap, that is sad news, vale Creepy Uncle Whore-ass you gave as good or better than you got back. We will miss our #1 ticket holder at the Baghdad Bombers, at least you can't tip us to win anymore.

One more time for posterity

july louise GIF

Holy ****.. I’m speechless!!

Easily one of my all time fave posters in the SFA & general. He got me on a hook a couple of times but after a while I’d just roll my eyes🤣

Would always be up for a chat about anything and everything.

Rest easy gilf, I hope they still deliver meals on wheels in heaven 🫶🏼

Remove this Banner Ad

Mod. Notice Vale Grand Uncle Horace

Remove this Banner Ad

Back