Mod. Notice Vale Grand Uncle Horace

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
It is with great sadness that I announce our Grand Uncle Horace has left us. He had been ill for some time and this battle was one he could not argue with... Well, he probably did - Uncle could and would argue with anyone about just about anything, but some debates cannot be won.

He was passionate about a great many things and would defend that which he loved long and loud. One of which was his beloved Bloods. An olde Souths Man to his very core he would often regal us with stories of watching South Melbourne greats at Lakeside Oval.

I caught up with Uncle a number of times over the years and recall when we convinced him to come to the G when instead of going home after drinks. Ben Ronke kicked 7. A great time was had I can tell you - Uncle gave the Hawk lads hell throughout the game.

There was never a moniker Uncle couldn't provide to a team that didn't defy linguistic interpretation - anything but their actual name. Especially Saints & North :tongueoutv1: He introduced me to words like: flogstradamus, Citizen Kane and comments like: This is less an advertisement for the game and more a tax deduction.

And god help the player he got a set on. He was diabolical.

He was active across a great many boards on BF. Sweet FA and Paddocks & Plates

Uncle - was at times an eloquent passionate pain in the arse but you were ours and we loved you for it. Fly high Uncle and we'll see you next time around.

Given his admiration of the great Ron Clegg and it seems appropriate that we add Ron here for one last conversation.

1721636562175.png

Such a sad loss of a great man. I only knew him through the Sweet FA as a teammate and opponent. His humour and good grace combined with a cutting wit made the Sweet FA much more enjoyable.

Vale Grand Uncle Horace

Thoughts with Horrie and his family during this time - will be greatly missed in several locations around this place. Was truly a character that made this place better, part of the fabric.

Vale Grand Uncle Horace

Rest in Peace, Horrie

It feels like only a few weeks back we were conversing like nothing was wrong. I only knew a little of his RL situation and definitely feel bad that I didn't know the extent of how ill he was. Like many here, had some famous clashes with the old bastard but always respected him.

Had so much fun both in Werewolf and SFA. Will definitely be a loss for that part of the forum and BigFooty as a whole. Thinking of his family and friends right now.

Look at this thread for confirmation - The guy was one of the sites most regular & respected posters.

All of the boards he frequented will be that much duller for his exclusion. Be it arguing about Hayward or JPK in here, calling out "norf flogs" on the MB or antagonising sataris & the swamPRATS in the SweetFA... He certainly leaves behind a void & (I'm sure) will be missed.

IRL I happened to meet him just the once & to say he was a character is the definition of "understatement". He bled red & white & loved our club. A true South "barracker".

Proud to have had him on our side at the Bloods. Glad to have met him & interacted with him on BF. Very sad to have to send him off.

On ya Unc. 🍷

So deeply and genuinely sorry for your loss and ours.

Interacted with Horace on a few forums, played games with him, etc.

A massive loss to BigFooty.

Rest in Peace legend. You'll be missed.

What terrible news. My deepest condolences to his family, friends and those who knew and loved him. I enjoyed the battles in Werewolf with him immensely where his wit and humour shone through.

Vale old chap. You will be missed.

Truly one of the old timers that stuck with the club through thick and thin. From the South Melbourne days to the move to Sydney, he stuck by the club.

It was good hearing all the stories from the South Melbourne days from him.

If I had to sum it up, you cannot deny the passion he had for this club. I remember that he would upvote us for saying things about Norf, which was funny. Was open to banter from other teams boards for sure. Definitely had an impact on not only this board, but the wider community here.

RIP GUH.

Last edited:
Oh geez, not the type of thread I was expecting to see when I opened up BigFooty.

Genuinely a huge loss for the Swans and Bigfooty community.

Condolences to his family and friends.

Feels like only yesterday I was being tongue-in-cheek with him over Hayward, yet he hadn't been on in the last few weeks.

He will be missed for sure!

I am absolutely heartbroken :(
I was worried when he hadn’t signed in for weeks but hoped it was just another of his temporary absences , and never for a moment thought it would be this

Sending condolences , thoughts and love to his friends and family at such a tough time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is with great sadness that I announce our Grand Uncle Horace has left us. He had been ill for some time and this battle was one he could not argue with... Well, he probably did - Uncle could and would argue with anyone about just about anything, but some debates cannot be won.

He was passionate about a great many things and would defend that which he loved long and loud. One of which was his beloved Bloods. An olde Souths Man to his very core he would often regal us with stories of watching South Melbourne greats at Lakeside Oval.

I caught up with Uncle a number of times over the years and recall when we convinced him to come to the G when instead of going home after drinks. Ben Ronke kicked 7. A great time was had I can tell you - Uncle gave the Hawk lads hell throughout the game.

There was never a moniker Uncle couldn't provide to a team that didn't defy linguistic interpretation - anything but their actual name. Especially Saints & North :tongueoutv1: He introduced me to words like: flogstradamus, Citizen Kane and comments like: This is less an advertisement for the game and more a tax deduction.

Uncle - was at times an eloquent passionate pain in the arse but you were ours and we loved you for it. Fly high Uncle and we'll see you next time around.

Given his admiration of the great Ron Clegg and it seems appropriate that we add Ron here for one last conversation.

View attachment 2055872
Damn I used to cringe when I saw his name come up, but he was nothing if not consistent.

RIP Horry

View attachment 2055872
Loved Horrie, was a great character and will be missed R.I.P

Was a great guest on Turbos Torch (SWEET F.A.) and didn't disappoint

Rest in Peace GUHorace.

One of the most endearing posters I’ve had the chance to interact with on BF, and he will be missed and remembered fondly in equal portions by many.

He loved the banter, but had a way of reaching through and making you feel included and welcomed.

Condolences to his family and friends.

Lovely tribute Ticky009 and the Swans mods 👍🏻

Commiserations to everyone on Bigfooty who knew and cared for Horrie, he had a lot of friends on this site and will be sorely missed. A genuine character and mate to many.
May he Rest Peacefully and may his loved ones treasure precious memories of him 💐

I recruited Fos from this board to Sweet. He certainly was a wordsmith and made an instant impression. Became a dear friend to many and despite a big loss, will be mentioned for years to come.

I ventured to my PM with Fos and hopefully give some of you a chuckle.

1721650992393.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Mod. Notice Vale Grand Uncle Horace

Remove this Banner Ad

Back