Mod. Notice Vale Grand Uncle Horace

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
It is with great sadness that I announce our Grand Uncle Horace has left us. He had been ill for some time and this battle was one he could not argue with... Well, he probably did - Uncle could and would argue with anyone about just about anything, but some debates cannot be won.

He was passionate about a great many things and would defend that which he loved long and loud. One of which was his beloved Bloods. An olde Souths Man to his very core he would often regal us with stories of watching South Melbourne greats at Lakeside Oval.

I caught up with Uncle a number of times over the years and recall when we convinced him to come to the G when instead of going home after drinks. Ben Ronke kicked 7. A great time was had I can tell you - Uncle gave the Hawk lads hell throughout the game.

There was never a moniker Uncle couldn't provide to a team that didn't defy linguistic interpretation - anything but their actual name. Especially Saints & North :tongueoutv1: He introduced me to words like: flogstradamus, Citizen Kane and comments like: This is less an advertisement for the game and more a tax deduction.

And god help the player he got a set on. He was diabolical.

He was active across a great many boards on BF. Sweet FA and Paddocks & Plates

Uncle - was at times an eloquent passionate pain in the arse but you were ours and we loved you for it. Fly high Uncle and we'll see you next time around.

Given his admiration of the great Ron Clegg and it seems appropriate that we add Ron here for one last conversation.

1721636562175.png

It’s beautiful to read all the tributes to Horrie from such a variety of posters. A wonderful microcosm of the impact he’s had to so many. He leaves quite a legacy on this site. His fierce qualities have been well documented but I’d like to add that he was incredibly kind to me despite being a dreaded Norf supporter. Hopefully his beloved Bloods salute for him this year. Thanks for the memories Grand Uncle Horace.

Really saddened by this news. I was thinking about him the other day when I was in the Hayward thread and thought it had been a while since he'd dropped by to put the boots in 😂

Obviously really passionate about the club and seemed a genuinely good guy. RIP GUH. I'm sure you had many frustrating years following your beloved Swans so I'm glad you got to go out while we were on top.

I'd imagine his reputation from the North board was rather legendary :tongueoutv1:

He used to post some total tripe to get a reaction from North fans and I'd let the immediate fury subside, give him a laugh react and wait for the inevitable PM. Weird to think I only knew the bloke 5 years, could easily be double. He's gonna be missed for sure.

As an aside we've had such a unity between the Sweet FA and the Swans board over the last few months having lost Horry and miggs, i know whispers have started (I'm a whisperer) on a potential crossover charity Qooty game later in the year if your board will kindly host us.

I hated his anti-North vendetta but will miss the opportunity to put him in his place.

Condolences to his family and friends, will be missed on Bigfooty.

Just found out this devastating news..

Uncle Horace was always one of my favourite posters on BF, we always had a laugh with each other on SFA and esp Bay 13.

I am actually close to tears, he was such a lovable crank and will be sorely missed.

My deepest condolences and healing thoughts to GUH's family, friends and The Swans board.

Big Footy will never be the same.

The main board just got about 30% easier to read for North supporters, so was Horrie's contempt for us.

RIP Big Fella.

Said on the North board, he was basically part of the furniture around BF... that chair that no one ever sits on, but furniture none the less.

His character, knowledge, and passion will be missed by many.

Condolences to his friends and family.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He used to post some total tripe to get a reaction from North fans and I'd let the immediate fury subside, give him a laugh react and wait for the inevitable PM. Weird to think I only knew the bloke 5 years, could easily be double. He's gonna be missed for sure.

As an aside we've had such a unity between the Sweet FA and the Swans board over the last few months having lost Horry and miggs, i know whispers have started (I'm a whisperer) on a potential crossover charity Qooty game later in the year if your board will kindly host us.
That sounds like a fabulous idea FW. PM me & the other mods and we'll have a chat.

Saddening to learn that Bloodied52/GUH had passed

Didn’t agree with him on much, he was a great adversary who gave as good as he got. In the SFA, publicly he loved lambasting me for incompetency and throwing the ‘Easter island statue’ jibe while privately being the first the offer a helping hand even from a hospital bed. An irreplaceable personality.

Regrettably, I was never able to convince him to come around to the point that Dean Towers was a footballing superstar.

RIP Horace

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Mod. Notice Vale Grand Uncle Horace

Remove this Banner Ad

Back