Mod. Notice Vale Grand Uncle Horace

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
It is with great sadness that I announce our Grand Uncle Horace has left us. He had been ill for some time and this battle was one he could not argue with... Well, he probably did - Uncle could and would argue with anyone about just about anything, but some debates cannot be won.

He was passionate about a great many things and would defend that which he loved long and loud. One of which was his beloved Bloods. An olde Souths Man to his very core he would often regal us with stories of watching South Melbourne greats at Lakeside Oval.

I caught up with Uncle a number of times over the years and recall when we convinced him to come to the G when instead of going home after drinks. Ben Ronke kicked 7. A great time was had I can tell you - Uncle gave the Hawk lads hell throughout the game.

There was never a moniker Uncle couldn't provide to a team that didn't defy linguistic interpretation - anything but their actual name. Especially Saints & North :tongueoutv1: He introduced me to words like: flogstradamus, Citizen Kane and comments like: This is less an advertisement for the game and more a tax deduction.

And god help the player he got a set on. He was diabolical.

He was active across a great many boards on BF. Sweet FA and Paddocks & Plates

Uncle - was at times an eloquent passionate pain in the arse but you were ours and we loved you for it. Fly high Uncle and we'll see you next time around.

Given his admiration of the great Ron Clegg and it seems appropriate that we add Ron here for one last conversation.

1721636562175.png

Here’s one last Simpsons gif that reminds me the most of you, hope it doesn’t ruffle your feathers horry

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

I was a fan of his work on the main board and bay 13. After losing one of my oldest and best mates last week to brain tumours aged 40... now this... life is too short!
Sorry about your loss mate, lost my brother to the same thing - a horribly cruel illness.
Life definitely is too short and over in the blink of an eye 😥

RIP Grand Uncle Horace

I had known him on SFA board playing WW and let me tell you how much of a gentleman he was and that I wished I had got to know him more. Even in the time I got to interact with him, I felt I knew him longer.

I hope his family knows what a genuine person he was and how much of an impact he made to people's lives.

Rest easy, my friend. Heaven has gained a golden soul. I will see you down the road, brother.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RIP Grand Uncle Horace

I had known him on SFA board playing WW and let me tell you how much of a gentleman he was and that I wished I had got to know him more. Even in the time I got to interact with him, I felt I knew him longer.

I hope his family knows what a genuine person he was and how much of an impact he made to people's lives.

Rest easy, my friend. Heaven has gained a golden soul. I will see you down the road, brother.

I had not thought about it before but I wonder if people would like knowing their loved one had 50,000+ posts on a forum, almost like they can read through the posts and sort of feel like their loved one is still with them, or if that would make it worse somehow.

I had not thought about it before but I wonder if people would like knowing their loved one had 50,000+ posts on a forum, almost like they can read through the posts and sort of feel like their loved one is still with them, or if that would make it worse somehow.
Either way it's part of his lore/legacy Hopefully, though, its the former. Horrie will always be with us.

I was a fan of his work on the main board and bay 13. After losing one of my oldest and best mates last week to brain tumours aged 40... now this... life is too short!
Sorry for your loss.

Thanks Braklet!

And the public shoutout was a nice gesture Sun Ra/Brians Oblivion/Craig.

Goes to show the impact this place & the posters on here can have on other peoples lives... Sometimes it's not just a footy forum after all...

Reminds me to not take things for granted.

Just logged in after a few days of not having done so, and saw the prompt for this thread.

I found myself agreeing with much of his posting and enjoyed the direct way he expressed those views. Given his knowledge of football going back to the 70s and beyond I thought he must be a gentleman that was getting on.

Anyway, I'm going to miss his posts. RIP Grand Uncle Horace.

For those on the swans board that are not aware of Grand Uncle Horrace's Qooty career here on Big Footy, he played for the Wonders his whole Qooty career and will be playing his last game tomorrow Sunday 28/7/24 at 5pm. The link to the match is in the below tribute and you are all most welcome to attend. I hope you don't mind my posting this here Ticky009 and you might consider posting it on your Swans thread too.
The entire Qootysphere will be forming a guard of honour for Horries run out.

For those on the swans board that are not aware of Grand Uncle Horrace's Qooty career here on Big Footy, he played for the Wonders his whole Qooty career and will be playing his last game tomorrow Sunday 28/7/24 at 5pm. The link to the match is in the below tribute and you are all most welcome to attend. I hope you don't mind my posting this here Ticky009 and you might consider posting it on your Swans thread too.
The entire Qootysphere will be forming a guard of honour for Horries run out.

Thanks for the headsup, Pamcake. I'll probably be coming home from the game at that time but I hope there's a great turnout.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mod. Notice Vale Grand Uncle Horace

Remove this Banner Ad

Back