Vale Shane Warne

Remove this Banner Ad

The rarest and hardest art in cricket leg-spin, I know theres a few that go ok at T20's now aday but Warnes been retired for 16 years and not countries had a quality dominating leggie in the real formats, its so rare.

When he first came on, all the kids had 23 on their backs & wanted to be the next Shane Warne.

But no-one could emulate what he did, was literally given a gift from the gods.

Very sad day.

He has a solid point on the yo yo dieting to be fair but yes you wouldn't think someone would say it on the #1 Breakfast show in Australia the day of his passing. Figures show your 117% more likely to have a heart attack if you yo yo your weight throughout your life.
I’ve never heard this before.

Good news for me I guess, being a fat campaigner who cbf dieting or doing any exercise and all.

TBH I’m a bit shocked at people saying he smoked and ate shit and boozed a lot and so it’s not so weird he’s gone. Shane looked way fitter and healthier than plenty of blokes his age. It’s so, so young to go even if you’re hitting the piss and smokes regularly.

Last edited:

Good news for me I guess, being a fat campaigner who cbf dieting or doing any exercise and all.

TBH I’m a bit shocked at people saying he smoked and ate sh*t and boozed a lot and so it’s not so weird he’s gone. Shane looked way fitter and healthier than plenty of blokes his age. It’s so, so young to
go even if you’re hitting the piss and smokes regularly.

He actually looked extremely fit and healthy, the period when he was with Hurley where he lost a extreme amount of weight and was way to skinny and people thought he was getting plastic surgery were his worst years, when he smacked a bit of weight back on he just looked like the old Warney but he didn't look fat, he looked quite toned and healthy.

He has a solid point on the yo yo dieting to be fair but yes you wouldn't think someone would say it on the #1 Breakfast show in Australia the day of his passing. Figures show your 117% more likely to have a heart attack if you yo yo your weight throughout your life.
So would doing this you would imagine.
From Piers Morgan's article on Shane.
"Shane, a tremendously keen amateur, had made the cut for the final day, but his idea of preparation was partying hard until 5am, fuelled by his beloved vodka Red Bulls (”Bring me a new one every eight minutes until I fall over!” I heard him instruct a waiter at midnight)".
Worth a read if you haven't seen it and you will find out who one of his heroes was !!!!
‘Ferocious’: Warnie wasn’t like the rest of us

Last edited:
I was shocked to hear this news this morning. Yes, he lived pretty hard, but he just seemed to have this invincibility about him.

Most of his career was before my time. However, I have watched many highlights over the years that have made me aware about what an amazing bowler he was. His impact on the game around the world cannot be understated. He certainly wasn't afraid of making his opinion clear, and this did frustrate me on occasions. But it's going to feel weird not hearing this opinions. It's felt like Warnie has always been part of cricket, and I'm finding it hard to process that we won't hear from him again.

I'm not one to get sad over celebrity deaths, but I did cry at one stage today. Still can't believe it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He just looked like the old Warney but he didn't look fat, he looked quite toned and healthy.
He really did :(.

Sounds like he was put on his arse by COVID, I wonder if that had an effect.

Or maybe he was just really really unlucky. Sucks either way.

I'd name Princess Park after him for what he's done to Carlton.
He ****ed my club up for a good two decades.
****ed his own club up too. His businesses and his marriage.
Probably sharing a dart with Warney on other side and Deano telling him how stupid he was with our club.

TBH I’m a bit shocked at people saying he smoked and ate sh*t and boozed a lot and so it’s not so weird he’s gone. Shane looked way fitter and healthier than plenty of blokes his age. It’s so, so young to go even if you’re hitting the piss and smokes regularly.
He got fit when he hooked up with Liz Hurley. Bloody Pom might have been his undoing ironically

So would doing this you would imagine.
From Piers Morgan's article on Shane.
"Shane, a tremendously keen amateur, had made the cut for the final day, but his idea of preparation was partying hard until 5am, fuelled by his beloved vodka Red Bulls (”Bring me a new one every eight minutes until I fall over!” I heard him instruct a waiter at midnight)".
Worth a read if you haven't seen it and you will find out who one of his heroes was !!!!
‘Ferocious’: Warnie wasn’t like the rest of us
Always thought Piers is a complete w***er but enjoyed the read.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

This can't be real. A lot of 70s and 80s cricket stars have passed away recently, but it hits really close when one of the stars you grew up watching and admiring is gone too soon. Feels like a part of your childhood is gone. Shane's lifestyle always seemed like he was here for a good time rather than a long time, but 52 is too young to die. RIP Legend.

I find it interesting everyones saying this, although he was a big personality, he never once had a public alcohol or party drug controversy did he?

I find it interesting everyones saying this, although he was a big personality, he never once had a public alcohol or party drug controversy did he?
Let's face it Keith Richards will outlive us all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Vale Shane Warne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back