Vic Metro Squad 07

Remove this Banner Ad

dossy7

Draftee
May 2, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
The Vic Metro squad for 2007 has been announced. Oakleigh Chargers have 9 players who have made it. What other players have been selected for the squad and what TAC clubs do they play for?

The Charger players selected are,
Billy Burstin
Will De Bruin
Pat McCarthy
Chris Hoegel
Andrew Otten
Hugh Sandilands
Harry Croft
J Strauss
Lachlan Hill

Country have changed their process a number of times in the past 5 yrs. They used to pick a bigger squad, then went down as low as about 20 players initially then doubling it at the end of May, now they seem to be in the middle somewhere with 30 odd.

Metro seem to sneak more and more in each year. Used to be 50. Now 57!!!! Not far off three full sides. In fact if you did a starting 18 on paper for each Metro TAC side you'd list 126 players. Metro effectively picking 57 are trying out 45% of the starting 18 from each club.

Normally the Tac record lists the invited players, expecting it to be in there this week. Oakleighs are on their website.

Can Somone Post The Squads Or A Link To Them????

It isn't that easy to do. I have seen a hardcopy, but as far as I know there is no 'link' available.

As for the other question re- Sandy players, I am not sure. But there are 7 metro teams (Dandenong, Sandy, Oakleigh,Eastern, Northern, Calder and Western) and from this thread the Chargers have 9 players, I know the Jets have 5 players...which leaves 43 players for the other 5...

I would guess Northern have a lot, and Dandy very few, so would be somewhere in the range of 7 or 8 players.

It isn't that easy to do. I have seen a hardcopy, but as far as I know there is no 'link' available.

As for the other question re- Sandy players, I am not sure. But there are 7 metro teams (Dandenong, Sandy, Oakleigh,Eastern, Northern, Calder and Western) and from this thread the Chargers have 9 players, I know the Jets have 5 players...which leaves 43 players for the other 5...

I would guess Northern have a lot, and Dandy very few, so would be somewhere in the range of 7 or 8 players.
Dandy has 8 players. Smith, Gaertner, Potts, Gabriel, Westcott, McCarthy, Grant and Harley I think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this is getting really frustrating, how do you know that those guys are in it? can you post all of the names you know from what club cheers...

13 cannons players in the squad.

a few from memory (but dont quote me on):

-arrowsmith
-daniher
-laidler
-putt
-polkinghorne
-cattapan
-farmer
-duyndam

if you do not play in the under 18 championships, are you almost a certainty not to get drafted? because seeing some of the boys in there i noticed a few names missing that i thought would be in the squad, most noticebley wynne and sanfillipo

if you do not play in the under 18 championships, are you almost a certainty not to get drafted? because seeing some of the boys in there i noticed a few names missing that i thought would be in the squad, most noticebley wynne and sanfillipo

No that is not the case, back when I played school footy in the aps there were guys who didn't make metro, and ended up getting drafted. Obviously none of them went high, nor will these guys, but they are still a decent chance

I see Nic Cattapan from Calder Cannons is in the state squad, does anyone know much about him?? I dont actually no him, u culd just say i no of him cose am friends with some people he knows. Looks like he must be a player and was just wondering how he goes?

I see Nic Cattapan from Calder Cannons is in the state squad, does anyone know much about him?? I dont actually no him, u culd just say i no of him cose am friends with some people he knows. Looks like he must be a player and was just wondering how he goes?

good hard running winger, always gets alot of the ball and always uses it well

Remove this Banner Ad

Vic Metro Squad 07

Remove this Banner Ad

Back