Vic Metro Squad 07

Remove this Banner Ad

Have to agree, J. McCarthy ommission is a farce. I had him in my 25 man squad let alone 43 :thumbsdown:

These boys need to keep their chin up. These Metro squads are not the be all and end all. Boys can still be drafted without making these teams. You always hear of boys who get drafted without ever making a district team. An example of this is Canons Jeremy Laidler who is a hot draft pick for 2007/2008 - this kid never made a district team let alone a Vic team.

These boys need to keep their chin up. These Metro squads are not the be all and end all. Boys can still be drafted without making these teams. You always hear of boys who get drafted without ever making a district team. An example of this is Canons Jeremy Laidler who is a hot draft pick for 2007/2008 - this kid never made a district team let alone a Vic team.

Absolutely agree. There were just a few guys I particularly wanted to see at the champs to sort out where they really stood. McCarthy was one. Laidler has one of the safest pair of hands I have seen, but at 190cm KPF you probably have to have something special about you. I do like Laidler, could be a very handy third tall forward, hope he gets a chance on an AFL list.

john mccarthy is a freak
no reason why he shouldnt be in the 25
names from under 16's shouldnt mean a thing during 18's
should go on tac cup or ags/aps form and trial matches
or there is no point in having the trial games just giving the other boys
false hopes and more chance at injury

Absolutely agree. There were just a few guys I particularly wanted to see at the champs to sort out where they really stood. McCarthy was one. Laidler has one of the safest pair of hands I have seen, but at 190cm KPF you probably have to have something special about you. I do like Laidler, could be a very handy third tall forward, hope he gets a chance on an AFL list.

Dont agree with that at all. The modern trend has seen most KPP 196cm's+ in the last few years, however more and more people are realising people over that height are awkward. Ideal height is 192-195 imo. Aaron Edwards has shown at 6"0 what you could do, let alone 6"3 (190cm's).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Vic Metro Squad 07

Remove this Banner Ad

Back