Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

But would mean a decent break after every second game, no matter would, it would still be robbing Peter to pay Paul in that scenario IMO.
Nah. It would be easy to do.

The simplest would be playing the same day every week and always having a 7 day break - home or away - but then you'd get the complaints about marquee timeslots...

I'd have them involved in Opening Round as it would stretch their season by a week and give them an extra bye. So it would be an away game to start. You'd then give them an away game either side of the bye - with the return game on the Thursday or Friday to reset them to the start of the footy cycle giving them a couple of days to gradually slip out towards Sunday . And an away game to finish the home and away. There's 6 of your travels. Plus it would ceate a few back to back home games which could be 6 day breaks to shift them back to earlier in the weekend.

You could pretty easily give them a combo of 7 or 8 days after each travel.

Last edited:
Nah. It would be easy to do.

The simplest would be playing the same day every week and always having a 7 day break - home or away - but then you'd get the complaints about marquee timeslots...

I'd have them involved in Opening Round as it would stretch their season by a week and give them an extra bye.
And then they complain about starting a week earlier than most.
So it would be an away game to start.
And you make them travel?!
You'd then give them an away game either side of the bye
So no home games for a month.

And an away game to finish the home and away. There's 6 of your travels.
Forcing them to travel just before finals? Vicbias is never ending!
Plus it would ceate a few back to back home games which could be 6 day breaks to shift them back to earlier in the weekend.
Multiple home games in a row wouldn't register as a benefit."So what, Collingwood get that every week".

And then they complain about starting a week earlier than most.

And you make them travel?!

So no home games for a month.

Forcing them to travel just before finals? Vicbias is never ending!

Multiple home games in a row wouldn't register as a benefit."So what, Collingwood get that every week".

They'll find a way to complain about NGA bidding becoming unrestricted - despite two clubs having a duopoly over every Aboriginal kid from WA ... What an awesome leg up that is.

AFL clubs should have zero imput, and zero say in how the fixture is done. No club should even be asked to put in requests.
The League does the fixture and that should be the end of it.
Once again only in modern times has the AFL asked for the clubs to provide their requests for the fixture. Why?
Clubs should play where they are told to play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They'll find a way to complain about NGA bidding becoming unrestricted - despite two clubs having a duopoly over every Aboriginal kid from WA ... What an awesome leg up that is.
While completely ignoring the fact that kids from Perth or Adelaide aren't eligible got Academies but ones from Melbourne are.

The plane running out of water isn’t vicbias.

The charter flight was the only viable option to get back quickly and in one leg.

The league not doing more to ensure we don’t have to use a charter company is slight vicbias.

The league constantly sending us and other select teams down to tassie instead of other teams who seldom travel there is definitely vicbias.

Speaking of NGAs (not claiming vicbias) but is just odd by the decision makers, why is majority of SA not designated NGA zones?

WA is split over the state.
NT is.
Qld is.
NSW is.
Vic is.
Tassie is.

SA zones only cover the corners of the state essentially and 80% is left undefined.

Why isn’t the whole state split between the two clubs like WA etc.

Speaking of NGAs (not claiming vicbias) but is just odd by the decision makers, why is majority of SA not designated NGA zones?

NT is.
Qld is.
NSW is.
Vic is.
Tassie is.

SA zones only cover the corners of the state essentially and 80% is left undefined.

Here's another thing I heard - Apparently David Rodan's kids can be NGA by Essendon I think it is, even though they are father/son by us. Reason is they have one parent born outside of Australia. However Lukocious was not eligible for us under NGA with one parent who lived overseas and living in a 2km radius of Alberton.

This is what I've been told and don't know if it is 100% the truth. Anybody know the actual rules?

NT is.
Qld is.
NSW is.
Vic is.
Tassie is.

Are you sure that you're not reading the initial zones rather than the current zones? Kuwarna which is the Adelaide region seems to be part of the Crows academy.

My understanding is the original SA and WA academies were designed to have similar numbers as the Vic academies, but when they shifted to matching after 40, they opened up all of WA to the two teams from there - I thought the same thing happened in SA?

It's a pretty handy recruiting advantage - particularly for the WA teams when you consider how regularly truly great Aboriginal players come from WA.

The league constantly sending us and other select teams down to tassie instead of other teams who seldom travel there is definitely vicbias.

This.

And it’s even worse for us, considering our merger history and the importance of playing in Melbourne.

2008-2019. In 11 away games V Hawks:

• 10 in Tassie
  • 1 at the MCG

Some clubs seem to avoid trips to Tassie, or Darwin, or NZ…

NT is.
Qld is.
NSW is.
Vic is.
Tassie is.

Yeah its weird, most of the areas that have towns are assigned but that massive area of nothing much in SA is unassigned while in WA and NT they assign the desert. So if you are from Roxby Downs no NGA for you.

Here's another thing I heard - Apparently David Rodan's kids can be NGA by Essendon I think it is, even though they are father/son by us. Reason is they have one parent born outside of Australia. However Lukocious was not eligible for us under NGA with one parent who lived overseas and living in a 2km radius of Alberton.

This is what I've been told and don't know if it is 100% the truth. Anybody know the actual rules?

Indigenous kids qualify as NGA. As do kids with Asian, African and CALD (culturally and linguistically diverse) born parents- therefore Rodan's kids would qualify as Aboriginal to whatever zone they're in. Assumedly Lukosiuss parent is European born and wouldn't qualify.

Borlais (spelling?) is the dodgy one for you guys. Dad played a heap of sanfl games for port but in the wrong timeframe so didn't qualify for you guys as Father Son, but qualified for Adelaide as NGA, as he was born in the middle east when dad was working for the Australian wool board.

Indigenous kids qualify as NGA. As do kids with Asian, African and CALD (culturally and linguistically diverse) born parents- therefore Rodan's kids would qualify as Aboriginal to whatever zone they're in. Assumedly Lukosiuss parent is European born and wouldn't qualify.

Borlais (spelling?) is the dodgy one for you guys. Dad played a heap of sanfl games for port but in the wrong timeframe so didn't qualify for you guys as Father Son, but qualified for Adelaide as NGA, as he was born in the middle east when dad was working for the Australian wool board.
Rodan is Fijian isn't he? Lukocius father I think is from Lithuania. Borlase was born in Cairo his Dad (Port SANFL Premiership captain) he was an executive with the AWB. Borlase's sister just made the Olympic Basketball squad good genetic pool.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back