Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been to 31 Grand Finals. The atmosphere and crowd engagement at a Grand Final is different to a home and away game and more neutral in nature. The crowd doesn't have to be exactly 50-50 for there to be no advantage. It doesnt work that way - it's not a mathematical equation. There is a critical mass of crowd support at a Grand Final (i'd estimate around 30%) that once it reaches that critical mass, there is no advantage either way.

It wasn't as if there wasn't a massive roar in 2018 whenever West Coast kicked a goal. There was. They would have had 30,000 people barracking for them at the game. That's totally different to a H&A game where they might have 4,000 at an away game. There is a myth that unless the crowd is exactly 50-50, then it means one team has a massive advantage. Once there is 25,000-30,000 people barracking for a team at a game, that is enough to make significant noise, that there is no disadvantage for them.

Stop being victims. If you are the better team, you will win.
Oh, well, if you say so, I guess it must be true.

No point doubling the allocation for NSW or QLD teams. They struggle to sell their current allocation. Giants gave a whole bunch back in 2019, Swans did in 2016 too.

WA fans transport is the problem. Doubt they could actually use double the allocation.

People have been waiting and paying for years to get to full AFL Membership. It would not be 'simple' to remove GF access for them.

A major airline is sponsor of the AFL, transport should not be an issue for WA, simply add another 20 flights on.
AFL membership should be thrown away.

17,000 extra on 20 flights? They don't have a fleet of 850 seat planes sitting around on standby. The cost would be exorbitant.
Freo's GF in 2013 they estimated that 35,000 Freo fans made the trip over. People were flying to other states, bali, Singapore, everywhere and then to Melbourne. I think a heap drove over too.

Allocating seats isn't an issue, if they are not taken up then they are handed back. People aren't spending $500 on a GF ticket and not going.

Once there is 25,000-30,000 people barracking for a team at a game, that is enough to make significant noise, that there is no disadvantage for them.

Stop being victims. If you are the better team, you will win.
Now that’s really lifting it up a level.

Even Craig McRae is not THAT deluded.

Now that’s really lifting it up a level.

Even Craig McRae is not THAT deluded.
What is it with these victim narrative non victorians? Most of you accuse Victorians of bias but I am anything but. I hate the Victorian teams (other than my own). Reading through this thread most of the sensible, thoughtful posts are from the Victorians. All you guys do is pretend you are victims. You’re not.

As for the crowd proportions at the Grand Final, as stated earlier, I’ve been to 31 of them. I’d know. The atmosphere and roar of the crowd from the “lesser supported” team is still noisy and engaged. It is totally different to a home and away game. Once a team has around 30,000 people supporting them at the game (which is a lot) the advantage for both teams crowd-wise is evened up. Sure if the crowd is 95-5 there is an advantage, but 70-30 or 65-35 makes almost no difference. That’s why the record when vic teams play non-vic teams is 10-9 (basically 50/50)

Sure if the crowd is 95-5 there is an advantage, but 70-30 or 65-35 makes almost no difference. That’s why the record when vic teams play non-vic teams is 10-9 (basically 50/50)
I’m sure the wheel will turn, and non vic teams will win 15 of the next 17 flags, and vics like you will politely applaud.

And I look forward to watching 31 Grand Finals down the road at Adelaide Oval soon. No HGA of course.

I’m sure the wheel will turn, and non vic teams will win 15 of the next 17 flags, and vics like you will politely applaud.

And I look forward to watching 31 Grand Finals down the road at Adelaide Oval soon. No HGA of course.
Close enough for Vic supporters to get there!!

Collingwood fans in particular seem desperate to maintain the status quo in this thread.

Funny that.
Not this one.

The status quo, where Melbourne based clubs rarely finish top2 at the end of the season and have a better record in GFs away from the G than at the G needs to be fixed.

The status quo that SA sooks align themselves with WA as experiencing a huge travel impost, despite many Melbourne based clubs actually travelling further needs to be corrected.

The SA sooks should acknowledge that Melbourne, North and Richmond all travel further than Port in 2024.

"I'm not bias, all the sensible posts are from my side of the argument."

What a load of .....

jurassic park deal with it GIF

Nothing like countering claims of nonsense with a gif of an enormous pile of dinosaur faeces...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There have been 33 AFL Grand finals and 14 different winners, that's a bloody good effort from the AFL if you ask me.
And the only non-Victorian team that has won it without an artificial advantage is West Coast, the richest football club in the land.

Adelaide and Port Adelaide both won their Grand Finals with the tail of end of recruiting from their initial lists. Brisbane Lions were carrying a salary cap advantage and a stacked playing list from the merger, Sydney were running with COLA.

And the only non-Victorian team that has won it without an artificial advantage is West Coast, the richest football club in the land.

Adelaide and Port Adelaide both won their Grand Finals with the tail of end of recruiting from their initial lists. Brisbane Lions were carrying a salary cap advantage and a stacked playing list from the merger, Sydney were running with COLA.
Might be about right then with the latest changes.

Northern clubs have their academies.

WA clubs have just been handed priority access to every Aboriginal kid in WA, plus a much better ratio of qualifying NGA kids. And have the money to milk that advantage.

SA good NGA zones plus a bonus home game above everyone else.

Personally I think it's become tilted to non-vic and we'll see an era of Non-Vic being over represented at the top of the ladder.

So what you're saying is you can't win it without help?

No matter what advantages the Vics get, I can 100% guarantee has nothing to do with Port crapping their pants in home prelims.
The MCC contract is not changing for a long, long time, if you think you can't win without help, then probably best just piss off back to a league you can compete in.

Love how this thread is about Vic ias and you have the same 2 Pies' posters in here stinking up the thread with their victim complex. Very funny
Somebody has to fact check all the lazy crap put forth as VICBias.

My fav is the Port fans complaining about travel, when they travel less than Melbourne based teams, as VICBias!

Closely followed by the lazy VICBias position that travel isnt a disadvantage if you are the home team.

If you want a whinge fest where everyone agrees how hard the Eagles have it, and how it would be much better to be like StK, Melbourne or North Melbourne, stick to the echo chamber of Eagles board.

If you want to discuss Vicbias in an echo chamber where there's no fact checking, take it to the Fremantle board.
I realise sharing a home ground is a much greater obstacle to success than travel. You've said it so many times it must be true and no non-victorian sides share grounds, which only reinforces your truth.
Besides, there won't be any equity in the AFL until the big 4 vfl clubs automatically qualify for finals, you know it makes sense.

The best any non vic team support at a grand final will be around 35% at very best. Always is a heavily favoured Vic team crowd.
This so called neutrals crap is bullshit.
In 2018 I have never seen so many genuine Pies members favs in my life, neutrals don’t wear Pies jumpers. Would easily of been 55k pies genuine fans or members. Now how they got tickets only god knows but somehow they did???
Helps they have to pay for airfares and accomodation.

And you don’t see the issue here.

The issue is that I know what I'm talking about because I can speak with experiences Most Victorian in this thread are measured and sensible in their views, and in fact, ironically, we hate the other Victorian teams. I don't want any Victorian team (other than my own) to win the premiership. I can't stand them. People like you are projecting a bias that doesn't exist out of an assumption that is baseless. Stop pretending to be a victim. It's utterly pathetic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back