Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree Sharkie.

It is a nonsense that Gold Coast play in NT.

But Pies need to do what is best for Collingwood, travelling to Gold Coast over a game at Marvel is better for Collingwood.

Like I said good thinking by the Pies, but the AFL must say no to them.
Do they have the courage to say no to Collingwood? Something they rarely do!

FFS do you even consider the opposite point of view at all?

Have you bothered to read anything I've written. My entire point is to consider both sides of the equation. I have routinely stated that travelling more is a disadvantage, but I have also stated that HOSTING a travelling team more often is an advantage. I have no bias or agenda with any of this for the simple reason that I despise most of the Victorian teams. I just hate biased sooks.

Eg The chances of losing a player going home is 1-10 for your clubs, and 1-2 for ours.
Eg the chance of a player forcing a trade back to Vic is higher because there are 10 teams Vic teams to walk to the draft, and only 2 for us? So we’re at a disadvantage and have to stump up a higher price to get the trade, knowing we’re at that disadvantage?

You have to have a special level of stupid to believe the crap you have written here. Yes, of course an SA club, would be more likely to lose a Vic player back home, because there is theoretically more Vic players playing for the South Australian side given that 48% of the players in the AFL are from Victoria. But, it wors both ways. It also happens that about 20% of the players in the AFL are from South Australia and there are only two S.A clubs. And any of those players playing in Victoria who want to come home to S.A can only choose those two clubs. So your club has a 50% chance of getting these players, not a 10% chance, like a Victorian club does.

You might be more likely to lose a player than a Vic side but you would be 5 times more likely to GET a home grown S.A player who requested a trade home (50 per cent compared to 10%). Hence it makes no difference. That's what looking at both sides of the argument is.

Imagine if every player in the AFL played for their home state (or requested a trade home to their home state). NSW and Qld would be disadvantaged, but SA, WA and Victorian sides would NOT be. If the two clubs in South Australia between them had all 20% of the SA born players, and all Ten Victorian clubs between them had all 48% of the Victorian born players, there would be literally zero difference in list quality.

“If you are good enough you’ll win the premiership” what a wonderful comment. You Vic’s all whinged that “West Coast were given flags, they’re a state team” and “Adelaide were gifted flags, they’re a state team”

Not once have I have whinged about such things. Not once. If you are good enough you will win it. Stop sooking.

What’s happened since 2007 actually? How many lower ranked vic clubs are getting to play with all the advantages of a home GF against a higher ranked non vic side, and winning? Or being favourites to win, but spanking their non vic opponents? How many times does that need to happen before you’ll even admit there might be an issue?

Jesus Christ, it's NOT an issue because we have 30 years of empirical evidence that proves there is no meaningful advantage. Do you know what empirical evidence is champ? It's actual real-life evidence and data. All you have are assumptions

And over 32 years the record for Vic teams versus non-Vic teams in the Grand Final is 10-9. As close to 50-50 as you can get. Non-Vic sides make up about 40% of teams in the AFL and have won about 40% of the premierships. You know what that's called? Evidence.

Venues don't win games of football - players do. Yes there is a small advantage at the MCG for the Vic teams but I can assure you as someone that knows that advantage is massively diluted on Grand Final day.

And you don’t even consider the fans in all your bluster about the fans. You’ve seen 31GF’s. Wow, how more entitled do you need to be? You’re part of the problem, you think you own the game and as long as you get to watch, screw everyone else,

No I'm not "part of the problem" because I sit on my bum in a seat on Grand Final day and watch a football game. It does, however give me plenty of experience which I'm happy to share. The Grand Final is unlike a home and away game. There is no resemblance. The crowd support and atmosphere are split, which has shown over 30 years to give no one any significant advantage. We know this because between 1992 and 2003 non-Vic sides had a 7-1 record against Vic sides and overall still have an almost 50% record. Yes it is a small advantage but not an advantage that has resulted in anything other than a 50% win rate for the Victorian teams. Venues don't win matches.

Stop making assumptions and look at the data.

Fine, then let’s not have the GF in Melbourne at all. That shouldn’t disadvantage Vic Clubs at all, right?

Fine, I don't care. I was happy to watch the 2020 and 2021 Grand Finals. What difference does it make to me?

That way, maybe I can walk down the road and watch a Grand Final one day, and not cost the family 5-8k in tickets, travel, accomodation, lost wages, food and beverage. And then I could go down to my local clubrooms and celebrate with the tens of thousands of fellow supporters who also didn’t spend through the nose to get there.

Life isn't fair. Stop sooking. I can't go to the Superbowl, but you don't see me whingeing about it. Just deal with it. Not every major event that takes place in the world will take place in the city you happen to live in. Fortunately in Melbourne we have a lot of major events, and I don't take that for granted.

Now, for that last time..... stop sooking and pretending you are a victim. You are not.

They want to attempt to have live games going on Sunday - and best bet right now from ladder and fixture is that result of Freo v Port will have big finals implications.

WB v GWS could have been another option to finish, but infrastructure not good enough at Bal to have the game played under lights.

Yep the AFL got it bang on with round 24, a great day of suspense, but the Vicbias brigade thought it was Vicbias.

hawks sell games to Launceston and get a clear advantage there, thats why they travel more than they would normally and they get a big advantage coz they sure as hell dont play powerful big Vic clubs there, like Collingwood. they play WCE,GWS,Gc,Adel clubs mainly. Kinda more disadvantage to interstate clubs and more advantage to the big Vic clubs. hell, Collingwood dont even have to go an hour down the highway ever.
So travelling isnt a disadvantage again.

Ground advantage is much more important than travel.

The best performed teams in the 21st century are teams who play the least number of games in Melbourne.

They are the facts.

Yep the AFL got it bang on with round 24, a great day of suspense, but the Vicbias brigade thought it was Vicbias.

You don’t honestly think that if it had of been pies v Melb, hawks v Carlton , Geelong v Essendon they would fixtures them on the Sunday for a big finish. It was non vic clubs so they put it all on in the crap time slots and it just happened to work out nice for them.
Pies V Nelbourne should have been Sunday. Geelong V Eagles should have been Sunday.
Saints v Blues should have been Friday.

If the AFL allow the pies to do that it would be insanity on their behalf.
They have invested multi millions into Gold Coast. For them to allow a Victorian club to play a home game their every year and grow their brand is ludicrous and the Gold Coast suns should put up a big red flag.
We need Gold Coast supporters to grow their not Collingwood supporters.
Smart initiative by the Pies but it must be stamped on by the AFL with a massive NO CHANCE!
Pies fans already have a big supporter base up there. Not sure how much of a difference 1 game is going to make.

You don’t honestly think that if it had of been pies v Melb, hawks v Carlton , Geelong v Essendon they would fixtures them on the Sunday for a big finish. It was non vic clubs so they put it all on in the crap time slots and it just happened to work out nice for them.
Pies V Nelbourne should have been Sunday. Geelong V Eagles should have been Sunday.
They can't play three games at the G on the same day.

hawks sell games to Launceston and get a clear advantage there, thats why they travel more than they would normally and they get a big advantage coz they sure as hell dont play powerful big Vic clubs there, like Collingwood. they play WCE,GWS,Gc,Adel clubs mainly. Kinda more disadvantage to interstate clubs and more advantage to the big Vic clubs. hell, Collingwood dont even have to go an hour down the highway ever.
Last time they put Collingwood in Geelong we broke down the gates and it was well over full capacity 😂

Of course they would.

You are better than that Sharkie.

The entire point of the floating Rd24 fixture, is the AFL want the Sunday games to be live an have finals implications.

It is why Coll v Carl in 2022 was on Sunday (and what a finish it was 🤩)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course they would.

You are better than that Sharkie.

The entire point of the floating Rd24 fixture, is the AFL want the Sunday games to be live an have finals implications.

It is why Coll v Carl in 2022 was on Sunday (and what a finish it was 🤩)

So why don’t they fixture the big games on Sunday during the year? For what it’s worth it’s been great viewing today and I have no team in the mix.

If us playing 1 game up there hinders gold coast growing their fan base there than they are already in a world of trouble

We disagree, it must be a massive no. And if it is a yes then it must be a vic club that plays the pies. If I was CEO of the Eagles I would say if you fixture us against the pies at the Gold Coast we will not play.

You know what I was saying, the AFL just got lucky this weekend.
yeah they did, same issue as withholding the last 7-10 rounds and scheduling them later on, Ess, Carlton shat the bed but get the timeslots, AFL just needs to do away with the "floating fixture", because its just another excuse to get the teams they want on TV

So why don’t they fixture the big games on Sunday during the year? For what it’s worth it’s been great viewing today and I have no team in the mix.
Sunday night would be perfect for WA teams to turn into a national prime time game, 4:40 start and get full prime time national explosure.

But instead they sook about not being able to play games at 5:40 on Friday in Perth.

Sunday night would be perfect for WA teams to turn into a national prime time game, 4:40 start and get full prime time national explosure.

But instead they sook about not being able to play games at 5:40 on Friday in Perth.

Well us playing at 5.40 on a Friday night for the benefit of Vic fans doesn’t work over here. Game has to be at 7pm. Hence we do t get them much.
We can’t even get a Deeby on national exposure so not sure how the AFK are going to grant us National exposure against other clubs.

Well us playing at 5.40 on a Friday night for the benefit of Vic fans doesn’t work over here. Game has to be at 7pm. Hence we do t get them much.
We can’t even get a Deeby on national exposure so not sure how the AFK are going to grant us National exposure against other clubs.
Push for 4:40 Sunday and you get your national prime time blockbuster.

I'm not sure Eagles fans give a shit about national prime time blockbusters ... On a Sunday evening 🙃

Home game timeslots should be for the benefit of the home crowd, not TV ratings for irrelevants on the other side of the country.

Ridiculously Vic-centric mindset.
It's tv ratings driven, it's money centric mindset lol. For example half the country hasn't even finished or gotten home from work at 5:40 on a Friday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back