Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure Eagles fans give a shit about national prime time blockbusters ... On a Sunday evening 🙃

Home game timeslots should be for the benefit of the home crowd, not TV ratings for irrelevants on the other side of the country.

Ridiculously Vic-centric mindset.
You do realise the entire point of blockbusters are getting the TV audience?

Well us playing at 5.40 on a Friday night for the benefit of Vic fans doesn’t work over here. Game has to be at 7pm. Hence we do t get them much.
We can’t even get a Deeby on national exposure so not sure how the AFK are going to grant us National exposure against other clubs.
Nobody in eastern states wants to wait to watch a game starting after 9pm.

A Sunday game starting a 6:40, would do great business for C7.

It is the obvious slot if either WA team want national exposure.

If you dont, no loss. Will juat get more Sydney games.

I live here. People don't care about Eagles or Freo or Port and Crows but still respect the footy they play.

Again you still don’t know. I live in Perth and no one gives a crap about Hawthorn? Why do we have to see them on tv?
It’s a stupid argument.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finish first, ask for Friday, get the Saturday arvo slot so 6th and 7th can play at the MCG. Seems like Vic Bias unless I am
missing something
In terms of ultimate fairness, 1v4 should be on the saturday.

The winner of 1v4 gets the Friday prelim to get 8 days into the GF, whereas the extra day doesn't make a difference (13 v 14 days) at the other end.

The winner of (the Loser of 2v3 and Winner of 6v7) play that same Friday Prelim, so makes sense that to minimise 6 days breaks they play Thursday/Friday week 1, and Friday week 2 into Friday week 3.

By rights, 4th place is the worst of the top 4, so their run to the flag should stay on the Saturday assuming they lose week 1. Saturday week 1 through GF keeps them on 7 days breaks as well.

The problem is, AFL has never been consistent about keeping this schedule. If this was set in stone every year no ifs or buts, then would way less of an issue.

In terms of ultimate fairness, 1v4 should be on the saturday.

The winner of 1v4 gets the Friday prelim to get 8 days into the GF, so the extra day doesn't make a difference (13 v 14 days) at the other end.

The winner of (the Loser of 2v3 and Winner of 6v7) play that same Friday Prelim, so makes sense that to minimise 6 days breaks they play Thursday/Friday week 1, and Friday week 2 into Friday week 3.

By rights, 4th place is the worst of the top 4, so their run to the flag should stay on the Saturday assuming they lose week 1. Saturday week 1 through GF keeps them on 7 days breaks as well.

The problem is, AFL has never been consistent about keeping this schedule. If this was set in stone every year no ifs or buts, then would way less of an issue.

Agree with your last paragraph just make it the same every year

There's two NRL games in Sydney on the friday night, involving 4 Sydney teams. Did the swans really ask for Friday night?

Only hear second hand reports, that's why I said if I missing something in case the club asked for saturday

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back