Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you propose we fix this? Move all teams into one city where everyone has their own home stadium?
FACT is, this is what we've got... a comp that was born out of an expanding VFL.
FFS it'd be quicker and easier to move all of Perth and it's surrounding suburbs to Mt Gambier than to try and fix all the problems the AFL have with fixturing, travel and supposed bias.

Unless we can magically relocate teams so that we end up with 3 teams in WA, 3 teams in SA, 3 teams in QLD, 3 teams in NSW, 3 teams in VIC, and 3 teams in TAS so that EVERY team can then play their allocated number of home games, a set of local derbys, and then all travel "roughly" the same amount of times per season at roughly the same amount of kms then I don't think you'll be satisfied...

Either that or Richmond tumble down the ladder again so that the #Richmondbias, sorry #VICBIAS, can be righted.
Orrrrr we could just have the vic teams play more double ups with the interstate teams

mind blown

Evens up the travel a bit and gives you more real home ground advantages....

the fixture is written so the interstate teams play each other twice every year and the vics play each other twice each year - knock 4 of those double ups a year and instead play More interstate double ups - job just about done!!

If Port are disadvantaged in a match vs West Coast, then West Coast must be advantaged. It's a two horse race. A zero-sum game. A closed system. Any disadvantage to one team must be an advantage to the other.

You're picking the eyes out of this by ignoring all the inequities except those that aren't good for your team.

Out of all the options this year, we got the fairest one possible for West Coast v Richmond.

How is us playing Richmond in Brisbane and calling it our home game fair to WCE? The other option was that three Vic teams relocated to WA and played a hub here and that would have disadvantaged Vic teams. Like that's ever going to happen..

You can argue the minutia that WCE benefits playing Port at a neutral venue but in the overall scheme of the season WCE having to play at a neutral venue and as such recieving one less home game than they otherwise would, is a much bigger disadvantage. Doubly so against a fellow top four contender. Port is disadvantaged too. All non Victorian teams are.

Last edited:
And therefore would not count as a west coast home game
So you would rather play Tigers at the G and then get some easy beat at home? Is that a better outcome because the Tigers game doesn't 'count as home game'? That's of course assuming you get any games at home at all. Even your own posters are saying it's a good outcome, open your eyes.

You are the only one that is stupid. If you sign a deal for $2.53 billion and you can't manage your finances around that, not to mention all the other revenue coming in such as gate receipts, merchandise, food and beverage sales, and suddenly find yourself with no cash, it points to the fact you have been living beyond your means for years on end and are in denial about your current financial status.

You clearly are just another blind-sighted Victorian supporter who doesn't want to believe that your competition, like the WAFL and SANFL, were bankrupt back in the 1980s and that you can just paper over the cracks and everything will be alright. Deluded.

It's clear you don't understand, you're going on ignore

What's stupid about saying the Blues have lost a generation of fans because they have been terrible for so long?

It's true and it goes for Melbourne and Saint Kilda as well.

Most kids don't follow teams who aren't winning.

Yeah most kids follow who their parents go for. Know a few tackers that are saints. My nephew a dog's member coz of his dad.

What is a "second wave"?

How many cases would constitute a "second wave"? Maybe one will happen, maybe not. One thing we have shown it that we have reacted well to every problem so far. People are now aware of the virus, are used to social distancing and testing is easier to access. Saying a second wave is a certainty is blatant fear mongering.

We have to be brave enough to get things moving and agile enough to react quickly to any setbacks. Being too scared to do anything is not an option.

Couldn't agree more!

I actually agree many West Coast fans are carrying on like petulant children.

However anyone who talks about genuine home games without talking about genuine away games isn't exactly engaging in genuine/mature discussion.

Yeah I acknowledged your 10 travel games in my post.

I still think the 10 strong HGA Perth games + 10 travelling games situation is among the best models any club has to guarantee finals. Other contenders for the ultimate finals armchair ride include the Sydney Swans Academy with COLA & Geelong’s use of Kardinia Park.

Travelling less and being a Docklands tenant leaves a club at a way bigger disadvantage to just make finals for mine and doesn’t get enough attention ironically given the prominent vicbias narrative.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I acknowledged your 10 travel games in my post.

I still think the 10 strong HGA Perth games + 10 travelling games situation is among the best models any club has to guarantee finals. Other contenders for the ultimate finals armchair ride include the Sydney Swans Academy with COLA & Geelong’s use of Kardinia Park.

Travelling less and being a Docklands tenant leaves a club at a way bigger disadvantage to just make finals for mine and doesn’t get enough attention ironically given the prominent vicbias narrative.

I'm not complaining about the travel (beyond the seemingly permanent fixture of tassie we're burdened with), travel for WA teams is a matter of geography.
It is annoying how the media constantly harp on about how tough certain teams have it the week after they've travelled to Perth considering how often we do it though.

I'm talking about the fact that if you less true home games you will also have less true away games.
Non-Victorians teams have 10 true home games a year but also have 10 true away games - the same-state derbies are not 'true' home games but neither are they 'true' away game.
Same deal with Victorian teams - they have less true home game but also less true away games.

This really isn't rocket science - any who doesn't get it is either being disingenuous or is just a little bit think (which sadly probably covers the majority who harp on about 'true' home games).

More interstate double ups - job just about done!!

Do you mean like 2019 when Richmond played both Adelaide and Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval or do you mean back-to-back interstate trips like Richmond had last year against GWS and Port Adelaide?

Sorry to use Richmond as the example during the current shitfight, I'm just not over the fixture for other teams

Edit: 2019 had the following either double up travel or back to back travel (this was a quick look so there may be more or there may be a mistake or two)
Carlton - Syd/GWS both away
Collingwood - WCE/GWS back to back (via bye), Sydney away
Essendon - Syd/GWS both away, WCE/Fre both away
Geelong - Ade/Por both away
Hawthorn - Syd/GWS both in away
Melbourne - GCS/WCE back to back
North Melbourne - Bri/GCS both away
Western Bulldogs - WCE/Fre both away

Last edited:
I'm not complaining about the travel (beyond the seemingly permanent fixture of tassie we're burdened with), travel for WA teams is a matter of geography.

“I’m not complaining about the travel....” except for that one time West Coast went to Tasmania in the past four seasons....

I suspect/get that vibe too. I also getting the feeling the call for the GF at a different venue is predominantly to spite victorians and to a lesser extent, the AFL. It has no economical sense. It makes no sense at all. The post was about VicBias. Genuine? I agree things aren't perfect, but very are few posting ideas as to how change it. Changing the GF venue will not change anything. And on WA people, imagine the uproar about a WCE v Dockers GF in Sydney.
How is that worse than a wce vs dockers gf in melbourne?

How is that worse than a wce vs dockers gf in melbourne?
Fewer tickets available for club members.

And under a rotation system there would be outrage that some Vicco side got a Melbourne GF the year before and now the WA derby GF is in Sydney, there would be a protest march down StGeorge's Terrace. They'd be kicking quokkas.

Last edited:
Fewer tickets available for club members.

And under a rotation system there would be outrage that some Vicco side got a Melbourne GF the year before and now the WA derby GF is in Sydney, there would be a protest march down StGeorge's Terrace. They'd be kicking quokkas.
I reckon in a sydney gf there would be more tickets for respective fans - the mcg would be around 70-80% victorians on gf day - its the footy gf and rain hail or shine plenty of vics will turn up no matter who plays - same if it were a gws vs sydney gf in perth - it would sell out - we love footy - you lot love footy too

who in sydney would rock up to an eagles dockers gf?

eagles and dockers fans....

“I’m not complaining about the travel....” except for that one time West Coast went to Tasmania in the past four seasons....

To clarify in case you didn't get it - I'm not complaining that we have to travel from WA, that's just straight up geography.

And if it really was only once we got sent to Tassie in the past 4 seasons I would have no complaints there either.

To clarify in case you didn't get it - I'm not complaining that we have to travel from WA, that's just straight up geography.

And if it really was only once we got sent to Tassie in the past 4 seasons I would have no complaints there either.

You've written that comment like you think West Coast has been to Tasmania more than once in the past four seasons.

WCE games in Tasmania
2019-- No games in Tasmania
2018-- Round 19 Vs North Melbourne in Hobart
2017- No games in Tasmania
2016- No games in Tasmania

Source: https://afltables.com/afl/teams/westcoast/allgames.html

It's like the #VICBIAS complaining would be less if Eagles fans actually looked at facts rather than hyperbole.

You've written that comment like you think West Coast has been to Tasmania more than once in the past four seasons.

WCE games in Tasmania
2019-- No games in Tasmania
2018-- Round 19 Vs North Melbourne in Hobart
2017- No games in Tasmania
2016- No games in Tasmania

Source: https://afltables.com/afl/teams/westcoast/allgames.html

It's like the #VICBIAS complaining would be less if Eagles fans actually looked at facts rather than hyperbole.
Interesting
Had thought they were sent there a bit but alas BS

Interesting
Had thought they were sent there a bit but alas BS

The Eagles have been sent there more than some clubs-- but it's not as much as Eagles supporters claim-- especially in recent years.

7 games @ York Park across 17 seasons, with another 3 games in 8 seasons. Then 1 game @ North Hobart back in 1992. 11 games in total.

I reckon in a sydney gf there would be more tickets for respective fans - the mcg would be around 70-80% victorians on gf day - its the footy gf and rain hail or shine plenty of vics will turn up no matter who plays - same if it were a gws vs sydney gf in perth - it would sell out - we love footy - you lot love footy too

who in sydney would rock up to an eagles dockers gf?

eagles and dockers fans....
They only get 46k in, doubt the SCG would be handing over any of their member tickets.
AFL would still have a truck load of corporate stuff.
Some AFL Members would still go.
Players, staff, other clubs etc would still want their tickets, there's a lot of hangers on, plenty of pre sold packages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back