Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They only get 46k in, doubt the SCG would be handing over any of their member tickets.
AFL would still have a truck load of corporate stuff.
Some AFL Members would still go.
Players, staff, other clubs etc would still want their tickets, there's a lot of hangers on, plenty of pre sold packages.
Id still rate us a much better chance of getting a ticket - and it would be cheaper to get there id wager as you can fly to melbourne, canberra or brisbane and drive the rest of the way

The Eagles have been sent there more than some clubs-- but it's not as much as Eagles supporters claim-- especially in recent years.

7 games @ York Park across 17 seasons, with another 3 games in 8 seasons. Then 1 game @ North Hobart back in 1992. 11 games in total.
The other problem is half of them still don't realise they get direct flights, which they've been getting for 15 years.
Every year at fixture time it's the same old 'we already travel the most don't send us to Tassie too' even though the flight times are only marginally longer than coming to Melbourne and they make that back with quicker trips into town.

You've written that comment like you think West Coast has been to Tasmania more than once in the past four seasons.

WCE games in Tasmania
2019-- No games in Tasmania
2018-- Round 19 Vs North Melbourne in Hobart
2017- No games in Tasmania
2016- No games in Tasmania

Source: https://afltables.com/afl/teams/westcoast/allgames.html

It's like the #VICBIAS complaining would be less if Eagles fans actually looked at facts rather than hyperbole.

Well didn't I just get smacked

Let me know when a Victorian club like Richmond, Collingwood or Hawthorn is 'hubbed' on the other side of country..Let me also know when they are forced to burn a home game to the current premiers and play at a venue 5000km away from their home ground

I'm keen to know, so me and a lot of other WC supporters can sit back and spout 'YoU HaVE tHe AdVaNtAGE..JuSt UsE InBrED TwiT ViCtoRiaN LoGiC"

Yes and oddly an S.A. case after weeks without

A dingbat woman who flew from the UK to Melbourne, spent a week in quarantine and then was allowed to fly to Adelaide untested and a week before quarantine was over on some kind of compassionate grounds.

She was finally tested on arrival at Adelaide Airport and was found to have COVID.

Serious **** up all round. And just before we become the first state in Australia to have 80 people in a pub from next Monday.

You've written that comment like you think West Coast has been to Tasmania more than once in the past four seasons.

WCE games in Tasmania
2019-- No games in Tasmania
2018-- Round 19 Vs North Melbourne in Hobart
2017- No games in Tasmania
2016- No games in Tasmania

Source: https://afltables.com/afl/teams/westcoast/allgames.html

It's like the #VICBIAS complaining would be less if Eagles fans actually looked at facts rather than hyperbole.

Says the Richmond fan whose idea of an away game is having to catch two trams.

Let me know when a Victorian club like Richmond, Collingwood or Hawthorn is 'hubbed' on the other side of country..Let me also know when they are forced to burn a home game to the current premiers and play at a venue 5000km away from their home ground

I'm keen to know, so me and a lot of other WC supporters can sit back and spout 'YoU HaVE tHe AdVaNtAGE..JuSt UsE InBrED TwiT ViCtoRiaN LoGiC"
How long until you realise the blame sits with the WA government who thought they could bully the AFL into an unnecessary hub set up in Perth to make some money?

A dingbat woman who flew from the UK to Melbourne, spent a week in quarantine and then was allowed to fly to Adelaide untested and a week before quarantine was over on some kind of compassionate grounds.

She was finally tested on arrival at Adelaide Airport and was found to have COVID.

Serious fu** up all round. And just before we become the first state in Australia to have 80 people in a pub from next Monday.
Bummer

Remember when Gil ,Eddie and co were spouting the grim outlook for the AFL during the pandemic

"we are all in this together and we all need to make sacrifices "

should be any day now that a Vic club makes a sacrifice or is inconvenienced in the slightest..pretty ironic considering its 3 or 4 Vic clubs who are most vunerable

who does the AFL get to burn a home game on the other side of the country and give their Vic opponents a huge 'leg up'...funny how the richest club in the league who does not require any financial assistance is also the same club sacrificing the most

sure sure absolutely no Vic bias at all

has anyone confirmed that Travis Auld is a lifetime Richmond supporter yet

The other problem is half of them still don't realise they get direct flights, which they've been getting for 15 years.
Every year at fixture time it's the same old 'we already travel the most don't send us to Tassie too' even though the flight times are only marginally longer than coming to Melbourne and they make that back with quicker trips into town.

is your argument WA teams don't travel enough...lullzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I still think the 10 strong HGA Perth games + 10 travelling games situation is among the best models any club has to guarantee finals.
I agree with this. Our higher % chance to make finals due to the genuine HGA, means we make finals more regularly.
Combine that with the benefit of hosting more home finals with direct entry to the grand final and it pretty much offsets the decreased chance of winning on grand final day as an away side to a Vic team...

To try and break down what I mean with some really back of the envelope stuff;

West Coast
To Make Finals *at start of the season* (1.8) x To Make Grand Final *at start of finals series* (3.85) x Win Grand Final *after prelim win* (2.60) = 18/1 chance at winning a flag.

MCG Tenant
To Make Finals *at start of the season* (2.4) x To Make Grand Final *at start of finals series* (4.40) x Win Grand Final *after prelim win* (1.70) = 18/1 chance at winning a flag.

Basically the point I am making is that it is conceivable for the league to be relatively fair, without all characteristics of the H&A draw, finals fixtures and GF day all being objectively fair in isolation. I think most posters on this forum fail to at least acknowledge that this can be possible.

Says the Richmond fan whose idea of an away game is having to catch two trams.

....responding to facts about the fixture with a #VICBIAS rant about my club of support (that wasn’t even the club of discussion).

Not sure if that’s the worst part or if it’s thinking that two trams is the most effective way of getting from the MCG to Marvel.

It’s a shame you decided to lower the discussion to Petty insults rather than analysing fixtures, advantages, etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Orrrrr we could just have the vic teams play more double ups with the interstate teams

mind blown

Evens up the travel a bit and gives you more real home ground advantages....

the fixture is written so the interstate teams play each other twice every year and the vics play each other twice each year - knock 4 of those double ups a year and instead play More interstate double ups - job just about done!!

Since when do the Vic teams play each other twice each year? There's only 5 double ups each season in a 22 round year!

Remember when Gil ,Eddie and co were spouting the grim outlook for the AFL during the pandemic

"we are all in this together and we all need to make sacrifices "

should be any day now that a Vic club makes a sacrifice or is inconvenienced in the slightest..pretty ironic considering its 3 or 4 Vic clubs who are most vunerable

who does the AFL get to burn a home game on the other side of the country and give their Vic opponents a huge 'leg up'...funny how the richest club in the league who does not require any financial assistance is also the same club sacrificing the most

sure sure absolutely no Vic bias at all

has anyone confirmed that Travis Auld is a lifetime Richmond supporter yet
Port, Freo and Crows are also burning a home game, it's not just the Eagles.
Tigers are being hugely inconvenienced having to play interstate off a 5 day break, they could have got you to play them at the G instead and given you Carlton or Melbourne as a home game.

Why are you looking for only Vic clubs to make a sacrifice? What about the NSW and Qld clubs? What huge sacrifices are they making? You seem to have a big Vic chip on your shoulder.

the fixture is written so the interstate teams play each other twice every year and the vics play each other twice each year - knock 4 of those double ups a year and instead play More interstate double ups - job just about done!!
Can you explain this further? In 2019 West Coast for example only played 2 non Vic teams twice.

Port, Freo and Crows are also burning a home game, it's not just the Eagles.
Tigers are being hugely inconvenienced having to play interstate off a 5 day break, they could have got you to play them at the G instead and given you Carlton or Melbourne as a home game.

Why are you looking for only Vic clubs to make a sacrifice? What about the NSW and Qld clubs? What huge sacrifices are they making? You seem to have a big Vic chip on your shoulder.

you keep repeating that..why would the Eagles play their home game at the MCG..its the same as saying Hawthorn playing a home game at Optus vs Freo
It's our home game
5 days is an advantage if you have a longer break..we dont..5 days also..big whoop

you keep repeating that..why would the Eagles play their home game at the MCG..its the same as saying Hawthorn playing a home game at Optus vs Freo
It's our home game
5 days is an advantage if you have a longer break..we dont..5 days also..big whoop
Would have preferred it to be a Richmond home game at the MCG than what it is. But it is what it is.

It's our home game
Go back and read the post properly.
You could get your home game against an easy beat and then play Tigers away at the G.

You could fly from Perth to Metricon via Hobart and it still isn't 5,000km.
Do they have atlases in WA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back