Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes we have a pronounced home ground advantage. That is because we retained our home ground at considerable expense to the club (and thanks to significant help from government funding).

Whether Richmond get to train on the MCG is Richmond's problem, not Geelong's problem. Geelong have a home ground and it is not unreasonably to expect that Geelong play their home games at their home ground. If Richmond want to have the same advantage they can pay to redevelop Punt Road Oval and host interstate sides there.
For all the bleating about our home ground advantage of 11 games its a fact that we dont get to use AO as our training venue the way you get to use GMHBA, so that argument is not only dead but that you do train on it is another example of Vicbias when you consider you're also the most succesful team in the comp when combining H&A results and flags over the past 25yrs.
But Grin and his doppleganger like to ignore that and omit you from their stats as it doesnt suit their narrative.

For the record I dont have a problem with your arrangement but its still an advantage afforded to you that we dont get and has obviously helped your cause.

For all the bleating about our home ground advantage of 11 games its a fact that we dont get to use AO as our training venue the way you get to use GMHBA, so that argument is not only dead but that you do train on it is another example of Vicbias when you consider you're also the most succesful team in the comp when combining H&A results and flags over the past 25yrs.
But Grin and his doppleganger like to ignore that and omit you from their stats as it doesnt suit their narrative.

For the record I dont have a problem with your arrangement but its still an advantage afforded to you that we dont get and has obviously helped your cause.

Geelong having a home ground is an example of vicbias?

This might be the stupidest comment in a thread replete with stupid comments. Congratulations.

Geelong having a home ground is an example of vicbias?

This might be the stupidest comment in a thread replete with stupid comments. Congratulations.
If your unique advantage results in a Victorian club claiming the best H&A record in the league that results in continual finals appearances and equal highest number of flags then yes, it is a Vicbias, you are the regular source of Vic success.

Calling facts stupid doesnt diminish them but nice deflection attempt.

You still got nothin' Grin, a little disappointing considering you're one of the mouthiest clowns on BF.

I'll wait.
Whilst I don't think free kick differentials in individual games prove anything, I'll humour you:
Last time our 2 teams faced each other
Richmond 13 free kicks, Port 23. At the MCG.
VICBias confirmed :thumbsu:

Thanks for playing :)

Whilst I don't think free kick differentials in individual games prove anything, I'll humour you:
Last time our 2 teams faced each other
Richmond 13 free kicks, Port 23. At the MCG.
VICBias confirmed :thumbsu:

Thanks for playing :)
One umpire give half of them clown?
Youre clutching sweetheart.

I'll wait

If your unique advantage results in a Victorian club claiming the best H&A record in the league that results in continual finals appearances and equal highest number of flags then yes, it is a Vicbias, you are the regular source of Vic success.

Calling facts stupid doesnt diminish them but nice deflection attempt.

It wasn't a deflection, I directly said that your post was stupid.

Club has home ground, club plays games at home ground. Don't even get 11 home games at home ground. But it is #VICBIAS!

:rolleyes:

By the way both GWS and GCS train and play on the same ground. Port could have done the same but Port are poor and can't afford to.

Sigh. I thought we were getting somewhere because you acknowledged the Pies advantage but I guess not.
Pies have an advantage in comparison to the other Melbourne based teams.

Compared to non-Melbourne we are at a disadvantage due to a lack of home ground advantage.
Geelong request 11 games at GMHBA every year.
Collingwood request 11 home games at MCG every year, we dont get em.
Since the AFL will not grant that request, Geelong request as another option that our MCG home games are against certain sides, ie Easter Monday/Country Round and Collingwood/Richmond.
IMHO, Geelong should be treated like North or Saints and barely get any access to the G, and not be involved in MCG blockbusters and the co-tenant style 6 games at the MCG should stop.

If Victoria is so great, why did the people drawing the borders only give it such a little bit of the country?
At the arse end I might add.
Infact, Australia is often referred to as being at the arse end of the World and Victoria is at the arse end of Australia
I reckon its a clear case of small man syndrome, youre small in physical comparison so you talk big..lol

Think of the positives though, you can print new number plate surrounds 'Victoria, The Little State'.
Where did victoria hurt you?

For all the bleating about our home ground advantage of 11 games its a fact that we dont get to use AO as our training venue the way you get to use GMHBA, so that argument is not only dead but that you do train on it is another example of Vicbias
LOL

You do realise that the only teams who actually get to train on the ground they play are all non-Melbourne teams!?

Geelong, Gold Coast, GWS and Sydney all are teams that are able to train on the ground they play games on.

But the inane SA position is #VICBIAS.
when you consider you're also the most succesful team in the comp when combining H&A results and flags over the past 25yrs.
The reality it is a Melbourne (no real home grounds) v nonMelbourne (teams that have home grounds) whinge.

Geelong fans think they are shafted and deserve to host the GF at Cat Park too...just like you Port whingers.

Because Geelong have a proper home ground advantage at CatPark, just like Port at AO.

The stats show teams who have a proper home ground advantage dominate the H&A season - it shouldnt be unsurprising, but the SA fans love denying it.
Of course you dont, as Port also enjoy a proper home ground advantage 11 times this year and then get to play multiple away games at the G reducing their unfamiliarity disadvantage...the similar FIXture to Geelong.

Will probably see Port end up with an undeserved top4 finish just like Geelong often get.

Pies have an advantage in comparison to the other Melbourne based teams.

Compared to non-Melbourne we are at a disadvantage due to a lack of home ground advantage.

Collingwood request 11 home games at MCG every year, we dont get em.

IMHO, Geelong should be treated like North or Saints and barely get any access to the G, and not be involved in MCG blockbusters and the co-tenant style 6 games at the MCG should stop.

Sure but this is not what were discussing. The bolded is disengenous, assuming the finals went as per the ladder you would get what 16 or 17 games at the MCG out of 25.

It wasn't a deflection, I directly said that your post was stupid.

Club has home ground, club plays games at home ground. Don't even get 11 home games at home ground. But it is #VICBIAS!

:rolleyes:

By the way both GWS and GCS train and play on the same ground. Port could have done the same but Port are poor and can't afford to.
Youre other home games are at the MCG which gives you familiarity when you inevitably make finals year after year from your home ground advantages.

Its actually a bit ignorant that you cant just acknowledge the advantages you get, talk about entitlement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL

You do realise that the only teams who actually get to train on the ground they play are all non-Melbourne teams!?

Geelong, Gold Coast, GWS and Sydney all are teams that are able to train on the ground they play games on.
Lol, GC, GWS and Sydney have all been looked after by the AFL as either feeder clubs to top up Vic clubs and/or to break into NRL heartland, conveniently.
Geelong train and play on their exclusive home ground or at the home of the GF.

We train at Alberton and play on a shared oval elsewhere.

Geelong and Sydney play regularly in finals, more than any other clubs, go figure.

Youre other home games are at the MCG which gives you familiarity when you inevitably make finals year after year from your home ground advantages.

Its actually a bit ignorant that you cant just acknowledge the advantages you get, talk about entitlement.

I see you have resorted to personal attacks and changing the subject. You were the one who posted that Geelong playing home games was vicbias, which really speaks for itself. Bye!

Lol, GC, GWS and Sydney have all been looked after by the AFL as either feeder clubs to top up Vic clubs and/or to break into NRL heartland, conveniently.
LoL, found a way for teams form NSW and QLD getting to train on the ground they play at as #VICBIAS
Geelong train and play on their exclusive home ground
Like the other non-Melbourne teams.

Geelong are a non-Melbourne team, and they enjoy a real home ground advantage...like ALL non-Melbourne teams.

Geelong and Sydney play regularly in finals, more than any other clubs, go figure.
#non-MelbourneBIAS

Sure but this is not what were discussing.
Thread is about people sooking about how some big Melbourne sides are supposedly advantaged - the #VICBIAS is the lazy quote used primarily by WA and SA fans when sooking about how hard they think they have it.

It is lazy and just blatantly wrong.
The bolded is disengenous, assuming the finals went as per the ladder you would get what 16 or 17 games at the MCG out of 25.
Collingwood do want 11 home games at the G, we dont want to play home games at Marvel.

When 6 (7if you include Geelong) teams currently call the MCG home, in a random Fixture you do realise that having 14 games at the G in a 22 game H&A season is what is expected? It aint any special treatment.

11 home
(5/17) × 11 away games = 3 away games at the G.

Finals never used to be about giving advantages to "higher ranked" teams, it was about performing at league determined venues in front of both sets of supporters (and neutrals).

Finals were about generating extra revenue and awareness for the entire league.

LoL, found a way for teams form NSW and QLD getting to train on the ground they play at as #VICBIAS

Like the other non-Melbourne teams.

Geelong are a non-Melbourne team, and they enjoy a real home ground advantage...like ALL non-Melbourne teams.

#non-MelbourneBIAS
Interstate team mindset:

Don’t care when we play co tenants that we dont have an “advantage” because we don’t have a disadvantage either.

Just stoked we get two weeks in a row off flying. Only happens twice a season

Interstate team mindset:

Don’t care when we play co tenants that we dont have an “advantage” because we don’t have a disadvantage either.

Just stoked we get two weeks in a row off flying. Only happens twice a season
WA team mindset:

If a Melbourne team travels for a "home" game they haven't actually travelled, and they still enjoy a "home ground advantage".

Those poor Eagles, 10 trips from February to September...such a huge impost. Must be why the Eagles only have 12 250+ game players.

Last edited:
Geelong request 11 games at GMHBA every year.

Do they?

Hundreds of millions spent on a new ground and they didn't think to get a deal with the AFL on ensuring they get games there? You know, just like every other stadium that's been built in the past 30 years has secured content.

If they really wanted 11 games, they'd have it. Either that or they're really stupid.

WA team mindset:

If a Melbourne team travels for a "home" game they haven't actually travelled, and they still enjoy a "home ground advantage".

Those poor Eagles, 10 trips from February to September...such a huge impost. Must be why the Eagles only have 12 250+ game players.
So the players, coaches, physios, commentators and fans are wrong. Not to mention the thousands of studies on the subject.

And flying regularly is no impost.

You’re quite special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back