Victory Pack DVD boxset!

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Victory Pack DVD boxset - out today!

Highlights DVD has been sighted at Target ($29.99). Unfortunately the rep said that the Victory pack is still a few days away. I was tempted but I am set on the Victory pack.

I HAVE IT!

Finally! Went to the shops after work - first JBhifi [did not have it], then Sanity Market Square Geelong, and there it was - sparkling on the shelves!
So I bought it. Yep - I'm a sucker - I paid top price ($100) for it, but tonight I'm in for a GFC footy marathon!

Dont worry if your having trouble finding it - I bet in a couple of weeks it will be on the shelves in large numbers everywhere!

YIPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I'm the first in this thread to have it!! :D

pictures or it didnt happen :D

I HAVE IT! Trust me - I'm looking at it right now. I just held it in my hands - its going in the DVD player tonight.

Quite nice packaging actually - shiny silver, and the cover folds open to have a picture of the team photo with the cup [taken just after they got off the dias].
The 4 DVD's are each placed in slimline cases. The pack looks great! Am yet to watch the GF disc yet but it seems it only has the channel 10 commentary.

pictures or it didnt happen :D

I HAVE IT! Trust me - I'm looking at it right now. I just held it in my hands - its going in the DVD player tonight.

Quite nice packaging actually - shiny silver, and the cover folds open to have a picture of the team photo with the cup [taken just after they got off the dias].
The 4 DVD's are each placed in slimline cases. The pack looks great! Am yet to watch the GF disc yet but it seems it only has the channel 10 commentary.

NEWSFLASH!

The Grand Final DVD in the victory pack DOES have the multiple commentary track! [just checked!]

So, looks like that other Grand Final DVD I bought will make a nice christmas present for someone this year!

NEWSFLASH!

The Grand Final DVD in the victory pack DOES have the multiple commentary track! [just checked!]

So, looks like that other Grand Final DVD I bought will make a nice christmas present for someone this year!

Well done GFC MAD you have just made my day. I had the season highlight in my hand and for a second I thought about getting that and the GF DVD with multiple commentries ($29.95 each at Target) rather than continuing this arduous journey that is waiting for the Victory Pack.

I foolishly bought my channel 10 only copy on Monday after we won and then found out about the other version. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Looks like the Victory Pack will be mine in the very near future.

Oh yes, it will be mine.

Not sure if this has been posted, but someone on Cats Claw said that the Cats Shop got about 100 sets in this morning.

The gfc online store is showing them and allowing to add to cart. I just saw the 4 disc Melbourne Storm victory pack advertised on tv so hopefully the cats one will be available everywhere soon.

Some more information:

- Once again, the packaging is great. Shiny silver with the new logo on the front, and you fold open the cover and it has the premiership photo with the Geelong song written underneath. All discs have the new logo painted on them, but all the graphics when watching the DVD [the menu screens etc] all still have the original GFC shield.

- Yep, it has been confirmed that the Grand Final DVD in the set has all the different commentaries [although it does not state this anywhere on the packaging]. The Qualifying and Preliminary finals all just have the channel 7 commentary.

- The quality of ths discs are great. Watched the qualifying final against the Kangaroos last night and it plays like the grand final - showing the teams run out, the national anthem, the game in full in widescreen, and then the boys singing the songs in the rooms after the game.

- The 2007 season highlights DVD is included [the same one as the stand-alone one avaliable to buy]. Unlike the 2004 season highlights disc where you had a post season interview with Mark Thompson, this one just shows round by round highlights and is just narrated by some unknown. EVERY round is covered [even the losses, which the 2004 highlights disc skipped sometimes], and a scorecard with goalkickers/best players is shown after each round. They also show snippets of post-match press confrences with Mark Thompson [and sometimes the opposition coach praising us!]. The disc goes for 2 hours - with the last half hour totally dedicated to the Grand Final. Every goal is shown, and the full player presentation ceromony is also included. If you can only afford one GFC DVD this year - the season highlights DVD should be it - it totally covers the Grand Final and shows every highlight of the season.

- The set seems to be a 'limited edition' - although on the back of my set there is no limited edition number printed [although there is space for one].

Any other questions, do not hesitate to ask :)

Thanks GFC Mad.
You have put to rest all the concerns I had regarding the pack.Now I just have to wait for it to arrive it good old W.A (aka Wait Awhile)
Cheers :thumbsu:

Thanks very much for that GFC Mad, I almost got the GF DVD when I thought the alternative comms weren't on the Victory Pack but i'm glad I waited:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ezy DVD in Bay City Plaza got them in today as well. I was spewing though. Have one on order with them, and saw them in Sanity, so went into Ezy DVD and asked if they had their copies yet, which they didn't at that stage, but the guy said they'd get them on Monday. Went home, and about 20min after I walked in the door I got a phone call saying they arrived just after I left. :eek:

Will be picking it up tomorrow though. Just in time to watch something worthwhile next weekend while all the boring election crap is on tv. :D

for any of you in the Knox area expecting to be able to pick it up today THEY STILL DONT HAVE IT !!!!
They only have the season highlights DVD at the AFL store and nothing at JB or Sanity.
very depressing

I called HMV and JB Hi-Fi Bourke Street today and neither of them have received stock. HMV don't even have it listed on their computer!

This is getting ridiculous... how can there be copies on the shelf in Geelong last Friday afternoon but nothing has arrived in Melbourne yet?

for any of you in the Knox area expecting to be able to pick it up today THEY STILL DONT HAVE IT !!!!
They only have the season highlights DVD at the AFL store and nothing at JB or Sanity.
very depressing

Yeah, DFO JB at Essendon Airport are yet to ring me.

Maybe they forgot there are actually Geelong supporters in Melbourne wishing to purchase it, not just Geelong supporters in Geelong? :confused:

Be bloody hilarious if after all this, they underestimate the copies of the dvd they needed and they all sell out.

Yeah, DFO JB at Essendon Airport are yet to ring me.

Maybe they forgot there are actually Geelong supporters in Melbourne wishing to purchase it, not just Geelong supporters in Geelong? :confused:

Be bloody hilarious if after all this, they underestimate the copies of the dvd they needed and they all sell out.

Bank on it.

Can I use you as an enforcer at my local JB Shell? They don't seem threatened enough by me. :D
Thats cus your a little bitch................... Do you watch any WWF Patridge ???? Cus if so STRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAP ON SOME NUTZ CUZ U AINT GOT NONE..............................:D

Thats cus your a little bitch................... Do you watch any WWF Patridge ???? Cus if so STRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAP ON SOME NUTZ CUZ U AINT GOT NONE..............................:D

I do actually!

Dude, ask yourself, would you be more threatened by intelligent and controlled aggression (me), or a complete, irrational, raving psychopath? :D

I do actually!

Dude, ask yourself, would you be more threatened by intelligent and controlled aggression (me), or a complete, irrational, raving psychopath? :D
Yeh but in a deep dark ally way somwhere........................... Oh cant be ****ed i Argee Shell has Bigger nutz than you but........ your still a bitch:p:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Victory Pack DVD boxset!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back