Video interview with Chris Grant

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Grant will always be my favourite Doggies player ever. Always.

What a contrast of his toned, rational thoughts compared to another former player's madman rants.

From the great man.

Quote of the Day/Year;

"If you love the club and your are a real, true supporter.......you'd love to throttle him".

I miss Chris Grant :(

Me too! He is such a champion person. Rational, logical, constructive and positive. He is a true role model and we should take a leaf out of his book and ignore the negative little gnome :p. Chris is my all time favourite player for the Doggies.....a superstar in every way. Would love to see him in some role at the club.

Simply a champion interview from a champion bloke. Very rational and sensible observations of what the club is going through.

Doesnt it make the ranters and ravers look foolish?

I think he should have avoided the certain ex-player. I felt that he's stooped down to his level with his bagging of him. Not saying it's wrong or not warranted (that's not for me to decide, nor do I really care that much), but it will only encourage HIM to go on and on further.

Same haven't really had a favourite player since Granty. Then again maybe it's because I'm alot older now. :confused:

There hasn't really been an alternative favourite player for me either. The only Bulldogs player we've had absolutely dominate their position since Grant did whatever he wanted whenever he wanted is Brian Lake. Johnno was amazing in what he did as a medium sized forward, particularly because he managed to play as well as a gun KPF could have in his position, but he wasn't as well rounded as Grant was as a footballer.

I really believe Chris Grant is the most well rounded footballer I've seen. He'll never be remembered as the best CHF of his time, nor should he due to Carey's dominance in that position, but he got close to Carey. What he did have was the ability to dominate any position on the ground, and I think if we had any semblence of a KPF forward other than Grant in the late 90's, Grant would be remembered as the best CHB to ever play the game and we'd have a premiership to show for it.

I'm glad Grant has gone into the media. He's extremely humble and can back his opinion up with elite past performances on the field. He may have missed the odd goal here and there, but every other aspect of his play was spot on and clearly produced by somebody with a unique understanding of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris Grant seems like a smart bloke, very good on the ABC and bears a startling likeness to Roger Ramjet as well. With his comments on aka and aka's reply i was wondering about Dale Morriss in all this. Does his reputation get hurt by aka constantly bringing him up as a mate while he pots everyone else at the club? Kind of sounds like aka is implying that Morriss has the same opinion as him at times:thumbsu:

Chris Grant seems like a smart bloke, very good on the ABC and bears a startling likeness to Roger Ramjet as well. With his comments on aka and aka's reply i was wondering about Dale Morriss in all this. Does his reputation get hurt by aka constantly bringing him up as a mate while he pots everyone else at the club? Kind of sounds like aka is implying that Morriss has the same opinion as him at times:thumbsu:

I happened to sit on the same table as Dale Morris at a club function the week before he got his first game. He was the friendliest player I have ever spoken to. Happy to join in the table conversation. In no way did he give off the feeling we were bothering him or that he was just doing his job (the feeling you get with some players). So in answer to your question, I think Dale Morris is just a great guy who is nice to everyone - it's just his nature.

Remove this Banner Ad

Video interview with Chris Grant

Remove this Banner Ad

Back