Voss in 2013 (aka 'the Voss megathread')

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gutted would not even come close to what I feel about this decision.:thumbsdown:

I was planning to do a massive thread latter on in the year where I was going to analyse Vossy's coaching career thus far (10,000+ words), but I'll leave it until a new coach is appointed. I could say a lot here but I'll leave it for the megathread.

Malcolm Holmes on AFL Insider: "we make no excuses for it, we don't employ anybody that doesn't fit our culture and our values".:rolleyes:

So the heartbeat of the club for the past 20 odd years doesn't reflect the culture of our club, yet some Kiwi bloke with NFI about footy does.:rolleyes:

Our club is run by absolute morons.

Malcolm Holmes on AFL Insider: "we make no excuses for it, we don't employ anybody that doesn't fit our culture and our values".:rolleyes:

So the heartbeat of the club for the past 20 odd years doesn't reflect the culture of our club, yet some Kiwi bloke with NFI about footy does.:rolleyes:

When did he say this? Tonight??

If that quote is accurate, that is disgracefully ill-conceived and disrespectful.

Way to kick a man when he's down.:thumbsdown:

Most would agree that Voss is the embodiment of "culture and our values".

Voss sent out a tweet with honour and a club rep says that...

You're absolutely ****ing kidding me.

Wow...

Is that really what he said Dylan?

If it is what he said, it is just so shocking that if I was Chairman of the Club I think I would definitely consider sacking Malcolm Holmes immediately.

It is one thing to say something without thinking it through (which is what I can only presume happened), but that statement is almost unforgiveable - a potential 'Noel Gordon' moment.

It was said as part of a pre-recorded package about the club's welfare system. Not related to Voss at all. Very ironic considering the circumstances though.

It was certainly pre recorded, and the timing was godawful. I cringed when I watched & heard that. I was surprised they still ran it to be honest, but I think it was there as much for the Vero adds splashed all over it as anything else.

Yeah I am struggling to fathom he could have said that... there must be some missing context. At what stage of Insider was it?

Curious as to whether he said it, but AFL insider took it out of context, or isolated a quote from a larger answer that made it look worse.

C9 news did a similar thing on the news down here the other night with Essendon.

They quoted Hird in an email, given the climate of Hird being charged, "One last thing Bomber supporter" they built the statemnt pretty much as a goodbye from Hird, but if you read the full message from Hird, he talked about last weeks game, the mistakes, and what they had to improve for next week, than finally thanking supporters for their support (The one last thing)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope its ok to post in here guys..
I certainly am a bit surprised to hear of all this, thought the Lions were starting to improvement under Voss. Do you guys think this will have any bearing on Browny playing on next year or not?

I certainly am a bit surprised to hear of all this, thought the Lions were starting to improvement under Voss. Do you guys think this will have any bearing on Browny playing on next year or not?
Cheers mate. So did we (mostly).

I would be surprised to see Brown and Black back next year. Yesterday I would've been surprised to see them gone.

Browny's done mate - Bookmark it.

Browny's done mate - Bookmark it.

...and I hope he comes out and publicly gives his real opinion on the whole issue..

It was a dreadful start to the year, now its an even worse finish.

..we are probably about to lose 3 of our all time stars of this club....that is going to be so tough, and not under good circumstances:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back