Voss in 2013 (aka 'the Voss megathread')

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Voss, he was a champion player, and had the potential to be a good coach. I feel his coaching career was sabotaged by the bad administration that allowed him to come in without an apprenticeship as an assistant somewhere, and allowed the mistakes to be made in the first 2 years.

The top job is not the place to learn how to do the job...

I would have been happy if he stayed, but I'm not unhappy that his contract is not renewed.
(calling it a sacking is not true if he sees out the year)

Sorry to intrude guys, but if true, Vossy has been very hard done by. He had you lot playing good football lately. He's doing every bit as well as Malthouse. Hope it's not true, for his sake.

Furious isn't strong enough:mad:

Unless there's some other issue, treating Vossy like this is a disgrace.

You need to separate Voss the player from Voss the coach. He is a club champion, and a champion player. Not extended his contract beyond 5 years is not a disrespecting him, and does not diminish his legacy as a player. He has had a good run at it, and the player group is showing a turn around... but a 40% win loss record over 5 years does not make him a champion coach, and does not give him the right to endless contacts until he decides to end it on his own terms.

Sacking him mid-season would be a slight on him... I don't see this as the case.

If we lose the fight in our playing group that has been our trade mark ill be furious. I genuinely belief Voss had the playing group playing for him. How does this impact our offseason and player retention now ? Are the young players going to sign back up so eagerly now?? Surely the club must have a coach lined up, if so they new to announce it quickly to stop the BS talks and give the playing group some stability and knowledge in what is happening next year and who their coach is.

The club should always come first, even if it is to the detrement of a club legend like Vossy. I am sad with this news but I think I said it in the Gws game thread , I'm not sure if we are headed in the right direction but still hoped for the best, obviously the Administration decided Voss was not the man to proceed.
Bit of a shock all the same , sad day , but I think we should be doing better than bottom 8, sorry. Good luck to Vossy , would like to see him involved but if he is not then fair enough.

Sorry to intrude guys, and apologies for annoying, but Im just stunned and wanted inside perspective on this because from the outside it makes no sense.

You have a good bunch of youngsters who arent yet consistent, and appear to be building again, and it seemed whatever early issues Voss had due to inexperience were being ironed out. It just feels really odd.

Would appreciate any guidance. Is there someone in the wings they have lined up? Are there issues with Voss we cant see outside the club?

If we lose the fight in our playing group that has been our trade mark ill be furious. I genuinely belief Voss had the playing group playing for him. How does this impact our offseason and player retention now ? Are the young players going to sign back up so eagerly now?? Surely the club must have a coach lined up, if so they new to announce it quickly to stop the BS talks and give the playing group some stability and knowledge in what is happening next year and who their coach is.

As long as an announcement is made soon as to who the new coach is, I don't see that as an issue. The players play for each other and for winning. As long as the bring in the right replacement there's no reason to think the players also won't play for the new coach. If they don't then this is a failing of the players, not the coach.

I would imagine they already have the new coach agreed and signed. announcing that Voss is not being renewed now saves all the whispers and negative talk that would otherwise occur for the remainder of the season and I think pays Voss the respect he deserves. Nothing worse than being the last person to know...

I ment to say we should be doing better than bottom 6.
The boys will still play for the gernsey but I am sure they will be gutted at the moment.
They must have some big name ready to sign.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to intrude guys, and apologies for annoying, but Im just stunned and wanted inside perspective on this because from the outside it makes no sense.

You have a good bunch of youngsters who arent yet consistent, and appear to be building again, and it seemed whatever early issues Voss had due to inexperience were being ironed out. It just feels really odd.

Would appreciate any guidance. Is there someone in the wings they have lined up? Are there issues with Voss we cant see outside the club?

At this stage, your guess is as good as ours!! I am absolutely stunned and angry.

This was not the sacking I expected to hear about today:thumbsdown:

What's the other?
Mentioned in another thread that the only two ways he would be sacked with 3 games to go in the year is through either misconduct or that they have an 'upgrade' in the wings. Seeing as misconduct is extremely unlikely, they must have somebody else waiting. It'd want to be a bloody superstar though...

You need to separate Voss the player from Voss the coach. He is a club champion, and a champion player. Not extended his contract beyond 5 years is not a disrespecting him, and does not diminish his legacy as a player. He has had a good run at it, and the player group is showing a turn around... but a 40% win loss record over 5 years does not make him a champion coach, and does not give him the right to endless contacts until he decides to end it on his own terms.

Sacking him mid-season would be a slight on him... I don't see this as the case.

Solid point.

We have a similar issue with Woosha - though I'd suggest Woosh has more coaching credits up his sleeve.

I wonder what Voss would be like as an assistant - and whether his ego would deal with a demotion.

He signed with our club 5 years ago and never came across as weeks later he took your head coaching gig. With an eye solely on say the midfield, he'd have to bring value surely.

Mentioned in another thread that the only two ways he would be sacked with 3 games to go in the year is through either misconduct or that they have an 'upgrade' in the wings. Seeing as misconduct is extremely unlikely, they must have somebody else waiting. It'd want to be a bloody superstar though...

Yeah, it's bittersweet when this happens. I'm sure Freo fans are happy that they got Lyon now, as are we with Hirdy. But then again Matty Knights and Mark Harvey were't family at the clubs they were dumped from. More difficult to swallow when it's one of your favourite sons being treated badly.

Would you be happy with Paul Roos?

I think most people would be happy if we for Roos as our coach... Doesn't change how Voss has been treated today, he has been chased out of the club. The end does not justify the means.

Yeah, it's bittersweet when this happens. I'm sure Freo fans are happy that they got Lyon now, as are we with Hirdy. But then again Matty Knights and Mark Harvey were't family at the clubs they were dumped from. More difficult to swallow when it's one of your favourite sons being treated badly.

Would you be happy with Paul Roos?
Opinion would be mixed to say the least.

Was reading my alerts and thought people were taking the piss re Voss being sacked (some of the threads have been a bit like that lately) then it was in another and another and finally an article ...

What happened to nothing decided until the end of the year you bastards!!!!!!

Not a happy camper right now and looking forward to the explanation soon to be forthcoming...

:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back