Vote : Best Trade So Far !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Are we talking the best outcome for a club, or the best trade for pure stupidity? If the latter, it's gotta be Chambers. God help Sydney if they intend to keep him

Worst Dinosaur since Paul Dooley

IceTemple said:
Ted for a first round pick. 5 yrs of nothing and was selected 2nd round originally.

Thats a very misconcieving stat.. Was taken at 22 traded for 19.. Not a great deal of difference, and pick 19 is only technically a first round pick... I wouldnt say 5 years of nothing either. He was excellent at VFL level and was never really given the game time, when Sheedy actually managed to select him in the team. Did some good things this year, nothing spectacular, but you think his confidence would have been a little bit shot from the lack of opportunities. Sydney got him because they think next year will be his break out year. I tend to agree.. That being said i still think pick 19 was a bit high but this time next year i may disagree.

I don't understand why people think essendon got such a good deal... I'm ecstatic about the trade for richards!.. I think he's going to be a very good player for the swans for quite some time.... Sydney tends to bring out the best in players, and ted obviously has the talent... he just hasn't been given the chance.... and paul roos will give him that chance and he will blossom! :D

2 years down the track this trade will be looked upon as a bargain!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry swans but Richards for pick 19 was terrible. Looking over his stats in his career so far, what warrants him to be of this value. :confused:

goalpie said:
Sorry swans but Richards for pick 19 was terrible. Looking over his stats in his career so far, what warrants him to be of this value. :confused:
At least he's tall. He has been somewhat screwed over by Sheedy as well, sometimes getting dropped after decent performances.

Kevin sheedy is a genius.

Cole for pick 23
Richards for pick 19.

Cole is much more valuable then Ted

And Essendon got Sydney's 3rd round draft pick.
This means that they can use that pick on Father and Son Jay Neagle.
That is a 12 pick increase. There can be alot of good players within 12 picks.

hulld said:
Kevin sheedy is a genius.

Cole for pick 23
Richards for pick 19.

Cole is much more valuable then Ted

And Essendon got Sydney's 3rd round draft pick.
This means that they can use that pick on Father and Son Jay Neagle.
That is a 12 pick increase. There can be alot of good players within 12 picks.
That might be what Sheedy thinks, but the AFL Laws don't allow for it.
Essendon have to use 39 on Neagle, or don't draft him as Father-Son.
They can't use 51 as the Father-Son pick.
I spoke to the AFL about it, and the guy there read it out of the AFL Laws.

goalpie said:

I agree, but if Richards wasnt worth pick 19 then surely St. Kilda got f****** over by picking up Fergus Watts with pick 17!!!

roo-naldinho said:
Are we talking the best outcome for a club, or the best trade for pure stupidity? If the latter, it's gotta be Chambers. God help Sydney if they intend to keep him

Worst Dinosaur since Paul Dooley

I still can't believe we got Pick 35 for him. Sydney's recruiting hierachy must still be celebrating the premiership win. Couldn't have possibly given up their 2nd rounder for Chamber's if they were sober!

i rekon everyone is underestimating watts!! We will see how he goes next year. He is sure to play in the pre season fixtures so we will see what he's like then we can judge him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Vote : Best Trade So Far !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back