MVP VOTES Carlton v Sydney Round 13 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Apologies x 2 to Carrots.

I couldn't find room for him in the votes, but then forgot to mention him at all. I remember commenting a couple of times at the ground today how we hadn't complained once about his disposal :) :thumbsu:

He had a very good game too.

5 Kreuzer - Incredible effort. Makes the future look brighter every time he steps out.
4 Murphy - Is it possible to play any better than this? Guts, skill, guile and power
3 Walker - Did waites job around the ground and found time for two goals.
2 Yarran - A joy to watch him sprinting out of half back, and thinking just as quickly too.
1 Gibbs - Swallowed Adam Goodes, super reliable.

BYP - Yarran (Tuohy unlucky not to get this, great game from him)

Unlucky:
Robinson played out of his skin (and mind as usual).
Judd, held early with two or three opponents on him, but worked his way back into it yet again.
Jamison, solid as a rock.
Thornton, actually looks like he's enjoying his football.
Tuohy, very sharp, very reliable, very promising.
Garlett, slick and quick.

5 - Kreuzer (Welcome back Special K. There is nothing this guy can't do!)
4 - Murphy (Ran his guts out all day and was obvious how stuffed he was by the end of the match.)
3 - Robinson (Sets the example for how the rest of the team should go at the ball.)
2 - Yarran (I love his risk taking, even if it doesn't always come off.)
1 - Walker (Led up all over the ground and looked dangerous again. Am also ecstatic that we have a reliable set-shot.)

5. Kreuzer - What a game... what a game... what a game...
4. Murph - Premier player in the league ATM
3. Walker - This was his best game of the year... it wasn't the 6 goal game against Port, or the 5 goal game last week... this is his best game to date
2. Yarran - I see several teams use the words magic to describe a players... there are only two player in the land that warrant that title... Rioli is the other
1. Gibbs - He just loves playing Sydney, because when he does, he ticks all the boxes

BYP: Yarran

Honourable mentions to:
Carrots (one oh his best skilled games, hardly missed a target
Scott (all you have to do is watch him when he doesn't have the ball... boy can fossil run
Jamo (consistent as ever)
Hammer (growing in structure, playing beautifully...)
Robinson (Nothing gets you off your seats quite like seeing Robbo about to crash a pack)

5. Kreuzer - What a game... what a game... what a game...
4. Murph - Premier player in the league ATM
3. Walker - This was his best game of the year... it wasn't the 6 goal game against Port, or the 5 goal game last week... this is his best game to date
2. Yarran - I see several teams use the words magic to describe a players... there are only two player in the land that warrant that title... Rioli is the other
1. Gibbs - He just loves playing Sydney, because when he does, he ticks all the boxes

BYP: Yarran

Yep, spot on :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5. Kreuzer - Remarkable effort from a big bloke coming back from a knee reco in his second game. Cannot love this bloke any more.
4. Murphy - Has to be one of the top mids in the AFL right now. Another quality game.
3. Gibbs - Loves playing against Sydney.
2. Jamison - Another quality job down back. Playing with so much confidence. Has to be in the running for AA honours.
1. Robinson - Not his best game, but gee you have to admire the way he attacks the footy. His improvement in the past month or so has been amazing

Could have easily slotted him in for the one along with Judd and Scotland.
Been saying it here for weeks, that it is not only for the stats where his value comes into play.
Watching him cover the ground yesterday, marking the man and basically making many sh*t themselves is something Ratten must be licking his lips for.
Easily in the first 10 picked every week, and probably ahead of some much bigger names.

Can't believe some were asking for his head a few rounds into this season, and a rare few doing so even now.
Extraordinary.

Love him but geez he makes me nervous when he has the ball and does all that running around in circles stuff.

My thoughts exactly and 2 votes to Goodes?
Looked dangerous but didn't really do enough to warrant them. Token gesture by Ratten?

Perhaps across 4 quarters but he did single handedly spark their mini fightback when he moved into the guts...I love watching him at clearances, a shame he doesn't get used there just a tad more

I posted in the other thread, I was surprised with both of the 2 votes. Scotty was a bit down compared to his last few games, and Goodes didn't even start until they were 10 goals down.

I posted in the other thread, I was surprised with both of the 2 votes. Scotty was a bit down compared to his last few games, and Goodes didn't even start until they were 10 goals down.

Goodes was solid in the first quarter. .. beat Jammo in a few contests and set up their start. .. After that our midfield shut theirs down and there was a lot of rushed kicks forward. .. Then Sydney set up camp in our half and their forwards never got a sniff until Goodes went into the centre in the last. .. worth 1 or 2 votes but Robbo and Walker a bit stiff. ..

Remove this Banner Ad

MVP VOTES Carlton v Sydney Round 13 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back