Vs The Eagles - Game Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

julzqld said:
Why not? I was just impressed with his 70m shots - he seemed like a handy player for the Eagles. And to boot that last goal after the siren!

You probably havn't seen many other games, but this guy is more often than not a dud of the highest order.

In the second quarter I thought Hartigan/Raines/Jackson/Roach all played very well and stood up when the tempo increased. The Eagles are just a better team and it was going to be hard for us to keep the pressure for 4 quarters.

I don't feel too bad as we have played Dogs, Saints and Eagles, 3 of the best in 2006

Lynch drops a mark said:
Dont give up Tigers fans, I noticed quite a few of your young blokes were having a red hot go tonight.

might not be this year but you never know with the draft these days, teams can turn around in a very short amount of time.

keep your chins up.

But for some fans having a red hot go isnt good enough, they need results straight away. Our club used to be a passionate lot years ago but now i dont know whats happened its sad. It wont be the year for us for another cpl of years atleast when you employ the coach on a five year contract straight out you shouldnt have to expect results right away but hey theres some people out there that expect finals in a heartbeat. I do get ********ed off when we lose but thats normal but however i do have patience and as much as i would love to see us in finals this year i wont bitterly disappointed if were not there. We do have a good bunch of younger players and middle aged players which just need to gel, for some clubs thats easier than for others.

Lynch drops a mark said:
Dont give up Tigers fans, I noticed quite a few of your young blokes were having a red hot go tonight.

might not be this year but you never know with the draft these days, teams can turn around in a very short amount of time.

keep your chins up.

Thanks mate and well done tonight. It's those young blokes that are still keeping some of us interested.

jdub said:
Thanks mate and well done tonight. It's those young blokes that are still keeping some of us interested.

Just a genuine question on your young blokes. How do Richmond supporters rate Tambling? I must admit I haven't seen all that many of his games, but to me it seems that he really drifts in and out of games. Most young players have that problem early in his career. Where do you think his best possie is?
Although I thought we would always win tonight, you guys did put up a good fight. To get back to 14 points in the 3rd was a good effort.
Where do you play Brisbane and Carlton?

McDougallcankick5 said:
Just a genuine question on your young blokes. How do Richmond supporters rate Tambling? I must admit I haven't seen all that many of his games, but to me it seems that he really drifts in and out of games. Most young players have that problem early in his career. Where do you think his best possie is?
Although I thought we would always win tonight, you guys did put up a good fight. To get back to 14 points in the 3rd was a good effort.
Where do you play Brisbane and Carlton?
Gabba and MCG

Tambling just looks quite lazy out on the field. Never puts in his all when chasing, if you can call that chasing; he never uses his pace effectively. Should be left at Coburg until he starts to lift his workrate and earns a spot in the seniors, because I don't believe he is in our best 22 at the moment.

metallichris said:
Tambling just looks quite lazy out on the field. Never puts in his all when chasing, if you can call that chasing; he never uses his pace effectively. Should be left at Coburg until he starts to lift his workrate and earns a spot in the seniors, because I don't believe he is in our best 22 at the moment.

Thought he was alright last night.

sante said:
In the second quarter I thought Hartigan/Raines/Jackson/Roach all played very well and stood up when the tempo increased. The Eagles are just a better team and it was going to be hard for us to keep the pressure for 4 quarters.

I don't feel too bad as we have played Dogs, Saints and Eagles, 3 of the best in 2006

Well said, we have played the 3 best sides possibly in the comp on thier favourate grounds and they are all up and about.
Turnovers and mistakes cost us at least 3-4 goals last night and when playing a team that is 5 goals better at home, cant afford that.
First game I have seen live and at the ground for a long time, big positive I saw early was our ball movement. We were very slick early in the match against a side that is very quick through the middle of the ground.
Biggest negative, too many easy kicks for a lot of the Eagles players, plenty of times 2-3 Eagle players all alone due to our guys not pushing back hard.
Our backline is a big worry with both Kellaway and Gaspar deep in defence.

metallichris said:
When he had possession of the ball he was quite good, but when he didn't have the ball he was average. Put on little pressure, jogging whilst we know he could easily catch and tackle some of the players. Lacks will to run.

Half our players are guilty of that especially after half time, either our fitness levels are crud or we just dont have the players who want to run for a full 4quarters, some of our players need to take a look at one S.Tuck when it comes to running your guts out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Vs The Eagles - Game Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back