Status
Not open for further replies.

doondoon

Senior List
Oct 8, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What are the exact rulings when it comes to penalties for someone found guilty of possessing drugs?

What do people think the AFL will do considering they gave cousins 1 year for bringing the game into disrepute despite never being found in possession or under the influence of drugs

Should Geelong act again once court case is over???

Discuss....

Possession is the same penalty as use, 2 years ineligibilty from all sporting competition.
Trafficking or attempted trafficking is 4 years ineligibilty.

These are mandatory sentences.

Possession is the same penalty as use, 2 years ineligibilty from all sporting competition.
Trafficking or attempted trafficking is 4 years ineligibilty.

These are mandatory sentences.

Oh so there's no 3 strikes policy huh?

I'm pretty sure WADA only punishes trafficking and in competition use. Not sure whether he gets a strike or not from the AFL. I'd guess the AFL would only step in for extra punishment if they felt Geelong wasn't doing enough.

Oh so there's no 3 strikes policy huh?

As I understand it, 3 stikes only applies to out-of-competition illicit drugs testing, which the AFL conducts above and beyond the WADA protocol. Under WADA most illicit drugs are only banned in-competition.

There's only 1 strike for use or possession in-competition and you're gone 2 years. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Trafficking it doesn't matter. It's 4 years regardless of whether the substance was in-competition or out-of-competition.

I'm pretty sure WADA only punishes trafficking and in competition use. Not sure whether he gets a strike or not from the AFL. I'd guess the AFL would only step in for extra punishment if they felt Geelong wasn't doing enough.

Like use, you can only get rubbed out by WADA for possession of a substance prohibited in-competition, like cocaine, if you're caught with it within 12 hours of competing. If you were found in possession of cocaine out of competition, you can't get the 2 year ban - you would've had to have been trafficking it, in which case you'd get 4 years.

He is GAWN.
Both AFL and WADA are tribunals.

Rinchard INGS will be the judge on this and it goes on what he thinks is fair at the time, he is not bound by precedent.

He would also be able to take into account the facts which led the police to initially charge with Trafficking DOD

i think geelongs initial penalty was good at the time, however now he has been found guilty of cocaine possession he should cop a decent penalty from the AFL or geelong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back