Play Nice WADA v Essendon 34: Guilty, 2 Yr Susp. (backdated to Mar 2015). Affects 17 current AFL plyrs.

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL and media continually running the line of "feeling sorry for these fine young men" makes me sick.

Like dozens of needles in the arms throughout a season wouldn't ring alarm bells. Particularly when players have been at other clubs previously and talk to players at other clubs. Someone not knowing what would going on would of asked. What went on at Essendon was not standard practice. When ASADA did 30 tests only 1 player informed them about the injections but lied about the substance. How were the players not at least complicit in the regime.

The AFL has 17 other clubs, copious fans and the integrity to look after as well. Essendon should not get special treatment because of their size.
The media think we are stupid (admittedly a lot are but not everyone)

Open letter to the "regulars" of the HTB.

Dear regulars,

I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I said mean stuff and trololo stuff over the past year. Why am I apologising? Because I have a newfound respect for you. Because all of these idiots on this board in the last 24 hours are ******* shit.

That's it.

I miss us

Dave Colbert (SEN) saying games should be stripped from players including Fletcher who would not have reached 400 games
I raised that point yesterday.

However there's zero chance of the AFL expunging records when they can't even make the simple call on Jobe's Brownlow.

In fact after listening to Gil & others within the AFL system, it wouldn't surprise me if they started giving retrospective awards to these "wonderful young men".

So, on half the evidence available and without any access to the submissions to the tribunal or the CAS panel or any of the verbal submissions, the players input, access to the ACC material or indeed any experience in anti-doping investigations it was 'clear from the start that these players were injected in with banned substances'. Really?

Holy snappin' duckshit, Batman, why even bother with evidence, investigations or hearings? We should have just asked you. Neutral, right?

Do me a favour, never go on a jury. You're just not equipped for the job.
Nice speech, written with passion, however, it remains fact that i was correct, go figure.

Open letter to the "regulars" of the HTB.

Dear regulars,

I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I said mean stuff and trololo stuff over the past year. Why am I apologising? Because I have a newfound respect for you. Because all of these idiots on this board in the last 24 hours are ******* shit.

That's it.
:straining:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He can deny his involvement with Charter.. and that that the signed framed hird portrait Charter has in his billiard room is a forgery.. for starters.. then he can move on from there.

Words can be constructed in a way to mitigate anything really. You can mitigate anything if you concentrate your efforts on having folk sympathize with you. Hird with the help of experts will no doubt concentrate his efforts on that.

Surely no one is buying it now though? Bar a selection of Essendon fans at least.

He should have just done the interview. This "charging money to see me spread my words of wisdom" thing does him absolutely no favours.
The AFL and media continually running the line of "feeling sorry for these fine young men" makes me sick.

Like dozens of needles in the arms throughout a season wouldn't ring alarm bells. Particularly when players have been at other clubs previously and talk to players at other clubs. Someone not knowing what would going on would of asked. What went on at Essendon was not standard practice. When ASADA did 30 tests only 1 player informed them about the injections but lied about the substance. How were the players not at least complicit in the regime.

The AFL has 17 other clubs, copious fans and the integrity to look after as well. Essendon should not get special treatment because of their size.
I think the Essendon saga, and how it was handled has done immeasurable damage to the image of the AFL and current and potential sponsorship deals. No wonder the other 17 club presidents are fuming. I feel for the Essendon supporters, in some part I feel for the players too due to the group and leadership pressure that they likely endured. I can't imagine the 34 players took the slogan "Do whatever it takes" literally and went and sought out a peptide regime themselves requiring hundreds of injections. They had to be led to do this and surely it wasn't just Dank acting solo. Will we ever get to the truth, not likely. Many of these player's careers are now destroyed when it is not in the same league as what Armstrong did.

I think the Essendon saga, and how it was handled has done immeasurable damage to the image of the AFL and current and potential sponsorship deals. No wonder the other 17 club presidents are fuming. I feel for the Essendon supporters, in some part I feel for the players too due to the group and leadership pressure that they likely endured. I can't imagine the 34 players took the slogan "Do whatever it takes" literally and went and sought out a peptide regime themselves requiring hundreds of injections. They had to be led to do this and surely it wasn't just Dank acting solo. Will we ever get to the truth, not likely. Many of these player's careers are now destroyed when it is not in the same league as what Armstrong did.
One injection, a hundred injections, a thousand injections. Every single one a doping violation.

I realise your point, not that you know what was in every single injection. Didn't Hird have that tanning agent in his?
The point being they SHOULD know what was in every single one. Dank made cocktails. AOD and thymosin sometimes. Double whammy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice WADA v Essendon 34: Guilty, 2 Yr Susp. (backdated to Mar 2015). Affects 17 current AFL plyrs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back