Play Nice WADA v Essendon 34: Guilty, 2 Yr Susp. (backdated to Mar 2015). Affects 17 current AFL plyrs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Open letter to the "regulars" of the HTB.

Dear regulars,

I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I said mean stuff and trololo stuff over the past year. Why am I apologising? Because I have a newfound respect for you. Because all of these idiots on this board in the last 24 hours are ******* shit.

That's it.

I probably don't count as a regular, but you've definitely been the best poster in the last year here - lightened the mood a fair bit.

I probably don't count as a regular, but you've definitely been the best poster in the last year here - lightened the mood a fair bit.
I encourage these types of comments. Everyone take note.

With Ryder we did, so no compensation, which has already been stated by Chris Davies that the club won't even try and ask for any as we knew the risks.

Monfries on the other hand was traded before anyone knew anything was happening, so the club is 100% entitled to some sort of compensation.
From who?

Essendon? Monfries himself?

Agreed. If Essendon are indeed guilty of systematic doping, then after 4 years they've had their hit. Surely at that point a #1 pick to try and pull the club forward is fair enough. As fans of the game I think the sooner Essendon can get back on track the better. Keep in mind that the administrators of this act are long gone and half of the players too.

Why is it better and what is better? Explain that please.
You being better puts other teams down the bottom, how is that better for those teams and supporters of those teams. Now if you're better because you're actually better then that's acceptable, but if you're better because you cheat or get an unfair advantage then no way is that better.
To be better with assistance that you shouldn't be getting is wrong.

Me, being a fan of the game, Essendon need to be punished and not supported

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be extremely disaffected if the AFL drops the WADA code under the false pretext that it "is not appropriate for team sport".

The AFL would be about as professional as the WWE.

That would come under 'we're taking our bat and ball and going home'.

oh **** off Watson

Tim Watson: CAS hearing gave players bad vibes

Following their WADA appeal hearing, the Essendon players had serious concerns as to their fate, but were surprised by the penalty handed down by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), says Tim Watson.

Watson said his son, Bombers captain Jobe’, had to a degree prepared for the worst case scenario.

“I think some like Jobe who went to the hearing and gave evidence at the hearing and had the feel of what was going on probably had a more acute understanding of where this might head yesterday,” said Watson on SEN radio.

"I think he had partially prepared himself for what may occur, but I think the severity of the penalty probably caught them by surprise and they were in shock after that.”

Watson says the lawyers gave an indication following the hearing there may have been some sort of agenda at play.

“They found themselves I think quickly on the back foot in terms of the hearing itself, I think it didn’t necessarily play out the way they thought it would,” he said.

They thought that they would have a fairer hearing than that, but I think there’s now an understanding that if you go before CAS then probably the job has already been done.

Read more at http://www.sen.com.au/news/01-16/tim-watson-cas-hearing-gave-players-bad-vibes#SujXheM6ZeyMLclz.99

Just gone full ******.

I would be extremely disaffected if the AFL drops the WADA code under the false pretext that it "is not appropriate for team sport".

It's appropriate for team sport. They are really just saying that it's inconvenient for the AFL.

They wouldn't be that stupid. The Fed and state governments would pull all funding for programs and projects, including stadium rebuilds.

Compliance is the only option.

JD, their issue is likely to be cash flow problems v players. Some of the estimates re what this could cost them will probably force them into administration unless the AFL steps in. With the AFL already having black holes in GWS and GC and having to fund numerous others clubs the question becomes how much more can they take on before the other clubs get their back up.

Its fine for the other clubs to back the AFL approach and have a 'help Essendon' view now but if it starts to smash their distributions then views may change.

I guess whether insurance covers any pay outs will play a big role.
If the players turn on the club then the club (& AFL) will turn on them.

Personally I cant see that happening unless the truth actually protects the players interests. CAS don't believe that so why would should I?

I'd be very surprised if the players & Essendon don't arrive at a mutually beneficial outcome. It'll cost them no doubt, but it won't cost them an amount the AFL won't easily bankroll.

In regards to the other clubs, who can & will jack up? Collingwood? Nah, Eddie is all bluff, enough to keep the AFL on his side. He won't go postal on them. Who else is there with the strength and desire?

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice WADA v Essendon 34: Guilty, 2 Yr Susp. (backdated to Mar 2015). Affects 17 current AFL plyrs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back