WAFL 2010 Dockers Player Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.w*************.au/games/game.php?gameID=8781

Not sure how reliable these teams are, but I don't see Taz in there...

I went to that link and saw he's not named, I'll be in Perth tomorrow seeing Duffy, Sandi and Rhys at Harbour Town so I guess we could ask them or just go to the oval. It's been played in Leederville so not that far..

interesting to note that Taz is still on the injury list as test and may play WAFL today.....yet Hall and Bucovacz aren't even on the injury list and haven't played for the last 3 weeks.......fingers crossed the general soreness curse isn't something more sinister!.......

I went to the clinic yesterday at Fremantle Oval and Taz wasn't outside with the rest of the team? Maybe signs he wont be good for this week. And as for Bucovaz and Hall, I think Buc did something to his knee a few weeks back and i asked Hall yesterday and he is getting ready for surgery on his hips so season over for Hall i think. And also Bollenhagen had his elbow strapped during the clinic...maybe there is an underlining issue there we don't know about?

Sibbo, Schammer had great games today.

Schammer - 32 poss, 2 goals, 5 tackles
Suban - 17 poss,
Sibbo - 23 poss, 9 marks
Ruffles - 16 poss
Houghton - 10 poss, 5 marks, 3 goals straight
Bollenhagen - 11 poss, 2 goals
Dodd - 8 poss
Zac - 12 poss, 1 goal, 6 tackles, 11 hitouts, 5 marks
Shep - 6 poss, 3 marks, 3 tackles, 1 goal

Sibbo, Schammer had great games today.

Schammer - 32 poss, 2 goals, 5 tackles
Suban - 17 poss,
Sibbo - 23 poss, 9 marks
Ruffles - 16 poss
Houghton - 10 poss, 5 marks, 3 goals straight
Bollenhagen - 11 poss, 2 goals
Dodd - 8 poss
Zac - 12 poss, 1 goal, 6 tackles, 11 hitouts, 5 marks
Shep - 6 poss, 3 marks, 3 tackles, 1 goal

Watched EF v EP on the box this arvo...Dodd went off in 3rd qtr or maybe earlier with a groin problem....didn't look good...probably a month on sidelines.

Shepherd was average at best, Clarke was outmuscled at FF, not much of a run in the ruck at all...was "just" okay

A few of the U18's had good games.

Conca - 27 poss
A Black - 21 poss, 6 marks, 1 goal
Darling - 14 poss, 5 marks, 3 goals
Elissiou - 12 poss, 2 goals
A Fasolo - 22 poss, 2 goals

I watched the first half down at Claremont and listened to the rest on the radio.
Sibosado continued his good form down back. He takes all the kick ins now and marshalls the defence. Very impressive development this year..
Ruffles was excellent for Perth, used the ball nicely. Bolly got a few more touches today and worked much harder off the ball. He's a good size and has some mongrel too. Laid some good tackles and chased hard. Good signs.
Houghton did his job, provided a target, kicked a few goals including an excellent opportunist snap. Could have kicked another but dropped a sitter in front of goal.
Suba was classy for Claremont, played a disciplined role off half back and used it well.
Schamm played a typical Schamm game. Ran and ran, racked it up, ran hard through the middle. Kicked an important goal just before half time. Good game.
Apart from all that it was a good game of footy for 3 quarters. At one point at a stoppage just in from of me there was Ruff, Bolly, Suba, Schamm, Swift, McGinnity, McDougall, Andrew Browne so plenty of AFL and ex AFL talent on show.
Perth are definitely on the rise and a lot of that is to do with Sibo, Bolly, Ruff and Houghton. They all played with good spirit today. Mzungu is the star though. Runs and runs and racks it up, takes marks, uses the ball well. Yes please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bolla's got in the votes for Perth and I gather Shep had a good 1st 1/4 as the report on the 'around the grounds' gave him a wrap. It is great that these kids are are putting pressure on the 22 and developing well at the WAFL.

Re Perth do you guys think that it's Jars that is getting the best out of them. He seems to get some of our 'lesser' recruits up and firing (Bolla, Sib, Timmy and now Joel Houghton)

I watched the first half down at Claremont and listened to the rest on the radio.
Sibosado continued his good form down back. He takes all the kick ins now and marshalls the defence. Very impressive development this year..
Ruffles was excellent for Perth, used the ball nicely. Bolly got a few more touches today and worked much harder off the ball. He's a good size and has some mongrel too. Laid some good tackles and chased hard. Good signs.
Houghton did his job, provided a target, kicked a few goals including an excellent opportunist snap. Could have kicked another but dropped a sitter in front of goal.
Suba was classy for Claremont, played a disciplined role off half back and used it well.
Schamm played a typical Schamm game. Ran and ran, racked it up, ran hard through the middle. Kicked an important goal just before half time. Good game.
Apart from all that it was a good game of footy for 3 quarters. At one point at a stoppage just in from of me there was Ruff, Bolly, Suba, Schamm, Swift, McGinnity, McDougall, Andrew Browne so plenty of AFL and ex AFL talent on show.
Perth are definitely on the rise and a lot of that is to do with Sibo, Bolly, Ruff and Houghton. They all played with good spirit today. Mzungu is the star though. Runs and runs and racks it up, takes marks, uses the ball well. Yes please.

Thanks for that E Shed.

Really it's an amazing turn around for Sibo isn't it? You said "very impressive development this year" but really it's been only the last 2 months. He was floundering in the Claremont ressies struggling to get a kick 2 months ago! Wow, shows that there's more to meet the eye with these young guys and sometimes all they need is the right enviroment.

Re Perth do you guys think that it's Jars that is getting the best out of them. He seems to get some of our 'lesser' recruits up and firing (Bolla, Sib, Timmy and now Joel Houghton)

I don't doubt the faith he puts in them has something to do with it as would the excellent development program in place at Freo.

Really though I think it's as much about young men coming to terms with life as professional footballers and feeling like they belong. Everyone matures at a different time. Joel, Bolly & Sibbo in particular are coming along a little later than someone like Palmer who seems extremely confident or Hill who just rises to meet every challenge. These guys wouldn't have been expected to play seniors this year and fortunately we have enough of a strong team to let them develop at a natural rate in a lower grade.

There was a passage of play yesterday where Sibba kicked out to Ruffles who got it to Bollenhagen and Houghton got involved further along. The gravitate toward each other in the huddles and always offer encouragement. It's the camaraderie that builds great teams. They seem to be enjoying playing together.

Crichton - 20 poss, 4 tackles, 1 goal
O'Brien - 14 poss
Walters - 20 poss, 7 tackles, 3 goals
Pearce - 24 poss, 5 tackles, 10 marks

Really hope Crichton can put on a few Kg's over the summer. Looks a really classy player from what I have seen previously and we really need to add depth to our midfield.

Any updates on Headland form anybody, he would be a nice luxury to have in the forward line IMO. He is a lot more dangerous than hasleby, fyfe and crowley.

knock to the knee or similar (from Harvey press conference IIRC) will be right to play again next weekend

I was actually thinking with five minutes to go how good it would be to have Des out there.

The reason being that when we were playing well in the first half, he would have nailed some of the goals we were missing. The man loves a goal more than anyone I've watched play, and when the team is flying, he'll put them away.

As much as he is a front running flange of the highest order, he is very much the icing on the cake that can make good sides great.

Watched the Claremont/Perth game yesterday. Was impressed by Suban's job off half back, and particularly that in the huddle he was doing a lot of directing of the other defenders about structures and plays, plus general gee-ing up. Good head on his shoulders.
And as said before, Sibosado looked good coming out of defence and some great passages where he gave the run from half back.

I was actually thinking with five minutes to go how good it would be to have Des out there.

The reason being that when we were playing well in the first half, he would have nailed some of the goals we were missing. The man loves a goal more than anyone I've watched play, and when the team is flying, he'll put them away.

As much as he is a front running flange of the highest order, he is very much the icing on the cake that can make good sides great.

We could do with him in a big way.
Not that i think we are a serious contender but if we are to go deep into September we need him.

Watched the Claremont/Perth game yesterday. Was impressed by Suban's job off half back, and particularly that in the huddle he was doing a lot of directing of the other defenders about structures and plays, plus general gee-ing up. Good head on his shoulders.
And as said before, Sibosado looked good coming out of defence and some great passages where he gave the run from half back.

Anyone else still think Suban is our next skipper?

Remove this Banner Ad

WAFL 2010 Dockers Player Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back