WAFL 2010 Dockers Player Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

I have jumped on the Nat Fyfe bandwagon. Not taking anything away from Suban because am a big fan, but hearing Fyfe speak and watching him play, I reckon he has a look in.

Actually, yes, I am inclined to agree as well. Really well spoken, intelligent kid. Courageous on the field and a really smart footballer.

Great to see a lot of leaders coming up - Suban, Barlow, Fyfe etc...

Crichton - 20 poss, 4 tackles, 1 goal
O'Brien - 14 poss
Walters - 20 poss, 7 tackles, 3 goals
Pearce - 24 poss, 5 tackles, 10 marks

Really hope Crichton can put on a few Kg's over the summer. Looks a really classy player from what I have seen previously and we really need to add depth to our midfield.

I would have ranked the dockers players Pearce - 1, Crichton - 2 (did a great job on Krakouer early) and Walters - 3, O'Brien - 4, hardly noticed although it's easy to confuse him with Rory.

Crichton is going to be a ripper, I reckon, yes he suffers the skinny, lack of meat syndrome but given time, I'm sure he'll overcome it.

Walters was absolutely dynamite early, ripping it up and being absolutely pivotal in getting Swans an early 4 goals to 1 jump, but then Walters, Garlett, Krakouer, Twomey (the pivots in the early onslaught) decided they could go home for the day. If SonSon had continued that early game form he would have been called up next week, he was ruthless.:thumbsu:

Came here to try and find out what's happening with Dessie, seems like he will be right to go next week, thanks for the info fellas (and fellettes)

Looking forward to having him in our forward line at some stage hopefully with Mayne as well, could of done with thise boys yesterday I tell ya.

I would have ranked the dockers players Pearce - 1, Crichton - 2 (did a great job on Krakouer early) and Walters - 3, O'Brien - 4, hardly noticed although it's easy to confuse him with Rory.

Crichton is going to be a ripper, I reckon, yes he suffers the skinny, lack of meat syndrome but given time, I'm sure he'll overcome it.

Walters was absolutely dynamite early, ripping it up and being absolutely pivotal in getting Swans an early 4 goals to 1 jump, but then Walters, Garlett, Krakouer, Twomey (the pivots in the early onslaught) decided they could go home for the day. If SonSon had continued that early game form he would have been called up next week, he was ruthless.:thumbsu:

Are they related?

Are they related?

Yep, pretty sure they're brothers. Quite a funny story though, because the Peel parents I know have a lot of time for Brock, nice bloke and all, but zero time for Rory, supposedly an arrogant dick.

1 time during the game yesterday I was walking around the boundary with one of the player's dads and saw this guy free for Rory to give the ball to but he actually looked him off, like a pitcher does a catcher in baseball. Turned away. Refused to give the ball to this other guy. The dad I was with said to me, he doesn't like that guy so won't give the ball to him!:D I said, what, are we playing school football here?

I'd like to see BoB get one more year if he can last the rest of this season injury free.
We are gonna ship off Dodd, Murph, Schammer, Thornton and Solly so thats 5 changes already.

Maaaaaasive if there. As much as I think he has things to offer us, he'd have to finish off the rest of the season, and do it with a statement. If he showed enough talent to be considered in the top 30 or so on our list, and played the rest of the season out, I think we could find enough room to give him 1 more season, if not on the main list, then maybe the rooks.

Good luck to the lad, and fingers crossed he can do it. It wouldn't hurt us if he did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to see BoB get one more year if he can last the rest of this season injury free.
We are gonna ship off Dodd, Murph, Schammer, Thornton and Solly so thats 5 changes already.

We need at least 6-8 changes.

Barlow, Silvagni, De Boer and possibly Pearce, Vanberlo, Sibosado to be elevated.

Need to keep our first 2 picks in the draft at least also.

Gotta look at the opportunity cost also. We keep Brock on the main list we deny one of the guys above a berth or we could drop Brock and pick up someone like a Mzungu or Sweet in the rookie draft - two guys who have shown a lot more than Brock.

I'm not exactly sure what he did in his three games so far that would earn him a spot on the list, but in four years he's shown less than Ryley Dunn ever did.

While he did seem to have some good application in 2007/8 (except for that Melbourne game) would that really be the case these days? Let's not forget that in that period we were all desperate to find something in the younger blokes on our squad, because our senior players were simply going through the motions.

Since then we've picked up Palmer/Mayne - Hill/Suban/Ballas/Broughton/De Boer/JVB - Mora/Fyfe/Roberton/Barlow/Silvagni.

Each year since the fall of Connolly we've taken much better through the draft than BoB. I don't see why we would persist when it's likely we can achieve that again. At best, I'd have him as a re-rookie prospect, but even then, I reckon we could find a bloke from the state leagues at a similar age who is far less injury prone.

I'm not exactly sure what he did in his three games so far that would earn him a spot on the list, but in four years he's shown less than Ryley Dunn ever did. .

I reckon BoB has shown more than Dunn at AFL level. That game he played against Port a few year ago hew was BOG in the first half before going off injured. BoB always puts in a genuine contest for the ball even if hes not getting heaps of possessions.

The query for BoB has always been him staying fit rather then his footballing ability. He is still quite young... I would give him another year to see if he can get his body right. He will be handy for your depth.

Came here to try and find out what's happening with Dessie, seems like he will be right to go next week, thanks for the info fellas (and fellettes)

Looking forward to having him in our forward line at some stage hopefully with Mayne as well, could of done with thise boys yesterday I tell ya.
Watched them train yesterday and Des trained well and put in a full session along with Grover,Tarrant did the loosening up exercises and then ran laps and shuttle runs,Mayne wasnt sighted.

That game against Port was three years ago.

What position would he play if he was in the team? Who would he be better than that is currently in the squad? Where does he add depth?
Spot on Clay,he adds nothing that we havent got already apart from being the most injury prone in the squad,tough luck because he is a tryer but enough is enough and he is destined for the chop.

we lack small backs with speed & intensity. Hayden isnt half the player he was ...well, at the moment

I was under the impression OBrien was quick?

we lack small backs with speed & intensity.
No we don't.

Suban, Broughton, JVB, Pearce all could fit that role easily. Even Duffield. All would be ahead of BoB. Do we need a 5th small back? We chopped Pratt because he was surplus to requirements

Where we lack depth is in key talls and mids. And small mids can always be turned into small backs.

Remove this Banner Ad

WAFL 2010 Dockers Player Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back