WAFL 2010 Dockers Player Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

I think this might be the first time BPG and myself have agreed on anything, you know when that happens we must be onto something....

Obviously I started this whole debate by bringing his state screening results into play, so I apologise for that. Like George, I rate natural talent pretty highly (anyone remember Troy Taylor?) but I also appreciate that it can only get you so far.

Nobody here has questioned the talent that Kickett obviously has, but there were also signs of attitude and work ethic problems (which was my initial reason for mentioning his state screening). Ultimately, he wasn't ready to be drafted last season which is why every team overlooked him.

Let him develop his game this season, adjust to the life of a professional footballer (fitness and dedication wise) and hopefully present as an option up forward and around the ground. Provided he does that, I'm sure he will be signed to an AFL team before West Sydney are even a factor.

Draft camp is only the final stage of player analysis. Clubs do their due dilligance throughout the year and all things football are assessed at this stage (Most of which cannot be measured with a ruler), Draft camp is hugely important, because those things that can be measured are.
I don't see why this discussion is so long winded. Cam Kickett hasn't just come out of a hole, a fair bit has been written about him, 17 clubs decided that he wasn't ready to play AFL, or were not prepared to take him on for whatever reason.

Round 2

Swans Bye

Claremont v South Freo

Seniors
C: Fyfe, Schammer
SF: Murphy

Reserves
C: Sibosado
SF: -

East Freo v East Perth

Seniors
EF: Bucovaz, Dodd
EP: Clarke, Roberton, Shepheard

Reserves
EF: Hall, Palmer
EP: -

Peel Thunder v Perth

Seniors
PT: Crichton
P: Bollenhagen

Reserves
PT: not listed
P: Houghton, Walters (Swans bye)

Subiaco v West Perth (televised game)

Seniors
S: -
WP: Bradley

Reserves
S: -
WP: -

Apologies if I have missed anyone.

Have you assumed that Houghton and Walters will play reserves bfff or were they named?

According to Saturdays West Bradley, Schammer and Dodd will all play WAFL. Seems silly to not hold a player over, or atleast have Walters as an emergency since Swans have the bye.

What are the rules regarding emergencies playing WAFL?

It's up to Fremantle to release them. Usually a 23rd player would be held over incase someone gets crook Saturday night, tweaks a hammy in the warm up, has an accident Sunday morning or whatever but the coaching staff obviously feel at this stage of the year that Bradley, Schammer and Dodd desperately need a run in the WAFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fyfe can't be rushed - he is a talent but is way too skinny to be playing Afl this season. Maybe a Round 21-22 game but thats about it.

Hoping he kicks 50+ for the monty's this season....

Hopefully Bucovaz does something in a Sharks guernsey this weekend.

Worrying signs that Sibasado still can't crack a league game at Wafl level...perhaps a wasted spot on rookie list....Calib Mourish Part II?

Funnily enough I was looking out for freo players in the reserves stats found here:
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_..._task=DETAIL&articleID=5254892&sectionID=2069

and found Walters, Hinkley and Pearce all played for random reserves sides as the swannies arent playing this week. Also saw the name B O'brien playing for peel.

From what I can see:

Pearce (EP reserves): 13 possessions, 1 goal
Houghton: 10 possession, 1 goal
Walters (Peel reserves): 18 possessions including 8(!) inside 50's and 1 goal.
B O'brien: 5 possesions for 2.2
Hinkley (EF reserves): 20 possessions, 5 tackles.
Sibosado: 11 possessions

Stats for EF aren't working but looks like Palmer and Hall played there.

Stats to midway through third quarter:

Bradley: 12 disposals, 6 marks, 2 goals
Bucovaz: 13 disposals, 6 tackles
Dodd: 8 disposals, 1 goals
Clarke: 11 disposals, 3 tackles, 13 hitouts
Shepheard: 8 disposals
Roberton: 9 disposals, 4 marks
Fyfe: 5 disposals, 4 tackles
Schammer: 12 disposals, 4 marks
Murphy: 10 disposals, 4 marks, 3 goals
Crichton: 8 disposals, 4 tackles
Bollenhagen: 11 disposals

Stats just came up.

R Palmer - 7k, 5h, 2m, 6t,

On another note I see Tom Mitchell got 41 possies for Claremont colts today including 8 tackles. Son of Barry Mitchell - our assistant coach. Named best player at the U16's (national champs) last year also. Unfortunately Sydney Swans have dibs on him under the father-son rule.

Fyfe can't be rushed - he is a talent but is way too skinny to be playing Afl this season. Maybe a Round 21-22 game but thats about it.

Hoping he kicks 50+ for the monty's this season....

Completely disagree, he's not that skinny, he was very good again today and his defensive pressure was a real stand out.

If Headland plays like a crab, fair chance, he's big show for a spot in the pocket.

Havrs was at the game today.

Schammer was ordinary in a standout side.

The other thing going for Fyfe is the supply, it's going to be quality and he's going to get the 2 or 3rd best defender.

On another note I see Tom Mitchell got 41 possies for Claremont colts today including 8 tackles. Son of Barry Mitchell - our assistant coach. Named best player at the U16's (national champs) last year also. Unfortunately Sydney Swans have dibs on him under the father-son rule.

Time to find him a Perth based girlfriend who is happy to relocate to Sydney but will get home sick in 2014.

Remove this Banner Ad

WAFL 2010 Dockers Player Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back