WAFL - Round 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Naita was superb today, Danniher and Sumich were at the game and had a good look at he and Notte.

First goal was a crumbing effort up forward, ball went over the pack and he scooped up the easy ball and ran into an open goal.

Second goal, IMO, was goal of the day. One out in the forward fifty Naita was on a hard lead the ball was dribbled into the fifty he run hard at it, his opponent hanging off one side, controlled the ball with his spare hand popped the ball onto his boot and hooked it across his body for an absolute pearler.

Nailed another from a set shot, kicked a floater but a straight one.

Last goal was freakish.

The most impressive aspect of his game was the defensive pressure he bought to the contest, just has a massive presence and chases well, laid a bone breaking tackle on the outer wing in the third, bloke came off, Smithers I think it was coughing blood!

Oh, and his ruck work was top shelf.

I think he'll play next week. :)

Davis was ok without being outstanding. Jetta had another good game with a few customary dashes from congestion.

Good win to the Black Ducks :thumbsu:

Some more stats have come in:

NicNat: 15 touches, 3 marks, 6 tackles, 21 hitouts and 4 goals 2.

Notte: 13 touches, 4 marks and 6 tackles, 1 goal 1.

Davis: 14 touches, 3marks and 4 tackles

Wilson: 16 touches, 7 marks

I went and saw him today and the first thing I noticed was his just... huge body.

He seems to jog around but it's really something when he sprints at full pace.

Kicked a freakish goal in the second where he controlled it with his spare hand before taking off and snapping it in.

His kicking to forwards was actually pretty good I thought even when he used his left it was to the advantage of the forwards.

He is bloody exciting and he should debut this week.

The most impressive aspect of his game was the defensive pressure he bought to the contest, just has a massive presence and chases well, laid a bone breaking tackle on the outer wing in the third, bloke came off, Smithers I think it was coughing blood!

Hey, if Naitanui plays next week, maybe we'll get to see the new No.9 tackle our old No. 9. :D

How is Arrowsmith travelling? He seems to be one of our only natural small forwards on the list, and he killed them in the TAC GF a few years back. By the looks of it will be lucky to make it though, which is unfortunate.

Great game from Naita. Maybe a little over hyped from some of the media I've, but he did some great things.

The thing that stands out is his presence, whenever he goes near the ball you feel something exciting will happen. Can't really say that about too many of our players at the moment besides LeCras.

Should have kicked 5 or 6. Missed a snap in the third I think ti was, but the way he managed to find the ball was great to see. Looked like he was no where near the ball, but managed to barge through, pick it up, find space in a phone box and snap. Should have kicked it though ;).

Crowd loves him as well which would be great for his confidence, got a huge cheer when he went off late in the third after kicking a great goal.

Surely has to debut.

Great write up, couldn't have done any better, so I won't.:D

It was Craig White he tackled, who was staggering around (although that's the way he normally moves so it was hard to tell) for a minute or so afterward. The tackle, well I cringed as Naita laid it. He lays them with some intent doesn't he? Funny thing was, early in the last Naita almost ran him down again and when the ball had cleared from the area White yells out F*****G Hell. I wondered what it was about but maybe that's when he was coughing blood.

Great write up, couldn't have done any better, so I won't.:D

It was Craig White he tackled, who was staggering around (although that's the way he normally moves so it was hard to tell) for a minute or so afterward. The tackle, well I cringed as Naita laid it. He lays them with some intent doesn't he? Funny thing was, early in the last Naita almost ran him down again and when the ball had cleared from the area White yells out F*****G Hell. I wondered what it was about but maybe that's when he was coughing blood.

please?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

203cm and 104kg chasing down on you, KNOWING that he WILL catch you would make me shit myself tbh.

I reckon it is the sheer wtfness of having a 200cm+ monster chase the way he does.

The way players react, it is as though they had wandered out to their letterbox to get the morning paper, looked up and- ENORMOUS ****ING PUMA HEADING RIGHT FOR YOU! ****!

I watched Daniel Rich play last night for Brisbane. Didn't have a great game but his foot skills are A1. His passing will be as good as Buckley and Nick Stevens.

But I still think we picked the right guy in Naitanui. Could be anything. Could be Adam Goodes, Bud Light, or maybe even Bud Strong.

Would have loved to have gotten 2 top 5 picks last year and picked up Rich as well.

yeah just checked he is. They must of got mixed up or something but even the thing that shows his name had west coast eagles under it.
He is listed in the Budget as a West Coast rookie, that is why most commentators make the mistake. You would think they should know better anyway.

Its my understanding that we could have based on age but I am unsure if he either (a) nominated for the draft or (b) was eligible to...

I was told he was available.

Obviously, if he was, the club and others have simply correctly formed the view that he is a crab who can't play football. :p

You have to play one game with a WAFL club (at any level) to be able to nominate for the draft. Remember a few years ago when Calib Mourish came down from Geraldton to play just the one game with East Fremantle. That was brought in in the early 90's because the Vics were scared we were hiding guys in the country.

From what I understand after Neville Jetta was drafted to Melbourne last year his brothers loved the way he was treated as an AFL football and all rocked up at Swans this pre season to see if they could get drafted as well.

From what I understand after Neville Jetta was drafted to Melbourne last year his brothers loved the way he was treated as an AFL football and all rocked up at Swans this pre season to see if they could get drafted as well.

Apparently Nick Naitanui has a twin brother, though not identical. I wonder if he's considered playing some footy?

Remove this Banner Ad

WAFL - Round 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back