Injury Walsh's Injury Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

The Aish situation is sounding very similar to Elliott, Fasolo and Greenwood where we wait to see if it heals naturally, and then just send him in for surgery anyway.

I suppose in this case though, if we send him in for surgery now, it pretty much ends his season anyway, so I suppose hoping that it heals naturally is worth a shot. Either way he should be ready fairly early for the pre-season.

Tough break for Aish. It has been the story of his career so far. I thought he was playing a great game until the injury.

I think that Pendlebury is good enough to take care of Zorko and to win his own ball as well.

One concern is Charlie Cameron, their leading goal kicker at this stage. He's kicked 3 bags of three this year, doesn't seem to need a lot of the ball to do a lot of damage. Not sure who can run with him.

I think that Pendlebury is good enough to take care of Zorko and to win his own ball as well.

One concern is Charlie Cameron, their leading goal kicker at this stage. He's kicked 3 bags of three this year, doesn't seem to need a lot of the ball to do a lot of damage. Not sure who can run with him.
I'm not sure Zorko needs a tag at the moment. He's not in great form (touch wood).

I'd be keeping young Apples in the side to play on Cameron.

I would go Appleby. May as well give the kid the experience, he’s going to be our best small defender in a couple of years imo.

I'm not sure Zorko needs a tag at the moment. He's not in great form (touch wood).

I'd be keeping young Apples in the side to play on Cameron.

I didn't mean for Pendles to go a tag, more akin to his role against Sloan: to play alongside Zorko but keep the focus on winning his own ball.

You and campbell023 are nominating Apples for Cameron, but I wonder he'll be able to run with him. I thought about Crisp, as a way of running with and running off Cameron.

Great news on Reid and Aish (relatively speaking).

At least it's not an ACL for Aish so ABSOLUTE worst case scenario is missing the rest of this season and hitting pre-seaosn hard. At absolute worst. An ACL means missing the rest of this season and most of next season as he's eased back in.

Reid being only a few weeks is good too. I assumed he was year done.

I'll take that as a good sign for our season.

I didn't mean for Pendles to go a tag, more akin to his role against Sloan: to play alongside Zorko but keep the focus on winning his own ball.

You and campbell023 are nominating Apples for Cameron, but I wonder he'll be able to run with him. I thought about Crisp, as a way of running with and running off Cameron.
I think the way our defence has been setting up it’s been hard for the small forwards to cut us up just because of the pressure and lack of space. I would be ok with Apples playing a tight game on Cameron and Crisp playing his usual running game.

If he gets a couple of goals kicked on him, so be it. We only have to shut down him and Hipwood and we win.

Positive news...

In summary...

In Adams Varcoe Crocker Moore and possibly Fasolo

Not mentioned but maybe still out Langdon. Also no mention of Maynard.

Still in despite rumours : Grundy

Playing VFL after injury Wells Greenwood and presumably Elliott and Smith

Presumably outs will come from Reid Aish Mayne Blair Brown Stephenson (if sore) Appleby (if Langdon plays) Maynard

Last edited:
INJURY LADDER
Club Games Lost to Injury Club Games Lost to Injury
Adelaide 56 Sydney 40
Carlton 54 Essendon 40
Fremantle 52 Gold Coast 34
GWS Giants 50 St Kilda 34
Geelong 48 Port Adelaide 31
Collingwood 47 Hawthorn 29
W.Bulldogs 44 Melbourne 29
Nth Melbourne 44 Brisbane Lions 26
West Coast 41 Richmond 15

The injury ladder is detailed by Champion Data. The game’s leading analysts also measure the effect of injuries on what they consider to be a club’s best 22.

The Tigers missed 136 games through injury in their premiership year — the 10th most — but only 74 of those hit their best players — the 15th most.

This year, Collingwood and the Western Bulldogs have lost the most games (39) from their first-choice sides.

D

Dont get too cocky
Bet it's a close game
Brisbane due for a win

Except if Grundy misses... players out in Reid, Aish, Maynard... can all be replaced without it hurting too much. And some decent inclusions this week to cover.

Lions struggling to register a score more than 20 times a game and regularly conceding 25-30 scores a game.

Pies by at least 20-30 points

(Log in to remove this ad.)

INJURY LADDER
Adelaide 56 Sydney 40
Carlton 54 Essendon 40

The injury ladder is detailed by Champion Data. The game’s leading analysts also measure the effect of injuries on what they consider to be a club’s best 22.

The Tigers missed 136 games through injury in their premiership year — the 10th most — but only 74 of those hit their best players — the 15th most.

This year, Collingwood and the Western Bulldogs have lost the most games (39) from their first-choice sides.

I'm sure this is a very rubbery assumption. For example if they consider Greenwood to be best 22 (and why wouldnt they off historical data) then he is worth 6 of that 47.

Hope they play Fasolo for the game at full forward in Reid's absence. Fasolo is a nice lead and Reid was not playing big and bustling in that role anyhow. Reid certainly not applying more pressure than Fasolo would.

But I suspect for ulterior reasons Fasolo still won't be picked

So think it will be:

Ins: Varcoe, Crocker, Adams, Moore

Outs: MAYNE, Reid, Aish, Maynard

Maybe Langdon comes in for Appleby. But I doubt they make more than 4 changes. Suspect Blair did enough to please last week and will stay in.

INJURY LADDER
Adelaide 56 Sydney 40
Carlton 54 Essendon 40

The thing with injuries is that the more you get, the more you are likely to keep getting. Players come back without the conditioning and are more likely to re-injure.

So a team like Richmond that is having a dream run are more likely to keep having the dream run because the players bodies are conditioned and used to the load.

But I suspect for ulterior reasons Fasolo still won't be picked

I have no idea what these ulterior motives are but there sure seems to be something going on.........Bucks just smiles and says "he's playing good footy".

He would've played by now unless they're trying to teach him a lesson about something - whether it be defensive pressure or whatever.

Kirby out for at least 3 months with an underlying heart condition

Only light fitness sessions which will be monitored.

Shattered for Kayle.
Hopefully we see him next season.

I thought it was interesting that the Saints came out this week and essentially ruled Roberton out for this season. You'd imagine that Kirby's situation has some similarities to the Roberton case so it could well be we won't see him plying his trade on a footy field at all this season which is a shame for the kid. Hopefully unlike the Roberton case, everything now has been sorted and it's now just a slow build into the season and he does get back.

At a minimum, if the all the testing is good and the prognosis is good you'd assume he'd get an offer of at least a 1 year extension.

I thought it was interesting that the Saints came out this week and essentially ruled Roberton out for this season. You'd imagine that Kirby's situation has some similarities to the Roberton case so it could well be we won't see him plying his trade on a footy field at all this season which is a shame for the kid. Hopefully unlike the Roberton case, everything now has been sorted and it's now just a slow build into the season and he does get back.

At a minimum, if the all the testing is good and the prognosis is good you'd assume he'd get an offer of at least a 1 year extension.

Guess we put him on the Rookie List next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Walsh's Injury Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back