Europe War in Ukraine

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's the deal then well played Vlad. Minimal gains to go with your tanked economy, loss of hardware and almost complete loss of respect in the world.

Totally worth it.
It's a win though, because a language that wasn't being suppressed is guaranteed to continue not being suppressed, and the Ukranians will continue to not be able to join an organisation they weren't able to join before the war.

And now apparently a deal in the making

No turnover of territory to the Russians. The only concession being Russian is guaranteed to become an official language in Ukraine.

I think this is a good deal for Ukraine if Russia agrees to pay reparations and also agrees that NATO can defend Ukraine in the event of another Russian attack or attack from proxies on behalf of Russia. There has to be some sort of security guarantee that the Russians can't break without serious consequences otherwise they'll just invade again.

Surely the other question is what deal would trigger a lifting of sanctions? Would have to involve massive reparations from Russia to rebuild Ukraine.

I don't think NATO is going to accept Ukraine given the probability of escalation.

Keeping the Ukrainian and forces intact though likely means equipment bought at a steep discount, NATO country trainers coming in as private contractors etc.

Ukraine can probably become a serious porcupine

I'm not suggesting membership for Ukraine in NATO. Just a partnership agreement whereas they defend Ukraine if attacked by Russia and/or proxies on behalf of Russia.

Surely the other question is what deal would trigger a lifting of sanctions? Would have to involve massive reparations from Russia to rebuild Ukraine.
I think there might be a bit of bluster about it, but if the war is over then western governments won't be able to stay aligned on them.

There might be some that kick on but the ones that actually hurt like the central bank ones will come off pretty quick

Yeah I wonder if Ukraine is free to pursue private treaties outside of NATO. I wonder if NATO countries are with them?

They'll need some sort of agreement / treaty which provides defense against attacks from Russia and/or Russian proxies. Otherwise what's to stop Russia just invading again? They're right on the doorstep of Ukraine. Otherwise any agreement is simply pointless.

Imagine your tank commander tells you to drive down an urban street with no supporting infantry, in fact enemy drones overhead watching your every move.

Seems like Tanks are pretty useless in the age of hand-held anti-tank missiles and $60 drones for spotting. These tanks didn't stand a chance.
Yes, it's called Combined Arms, the world has been doing it since ancient times. Not sure why the Russians have become so deficient.
If that's the deal then well played Vlad. Minimal gains to go with your tanked economy, loss of hardware and almost complete loss of respect in the world.

Totally worth it.
So much winning!

Add to it
  • The reputation of Russian armed forces has tanked.
  • Diplomatic isolation of the RF
  • Complete loss of trust in the RF by other countries
  • pissing off your new best friend (PRC)
  • showed the whole world the west still has power
  • unified Europe
  • reversed the Germans 'Pacifistic' military budget
  • added encouragement to those outside NATO to join
  • demonstrated Mr Putin's poor judgement and hubris

Propaganda is coming thick & fast with truth usually a victim, e.g who is Miles Taylor, from a guy inside the Trump administration.

What are you peddling here Sir_Loin ..... no meat here.

Taylor wrote The New York Times op-ed "I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration" under the pen-name "Anonymous", which drew widespread attention for its criticism of Trump.

I thought it was a pretty clear. A republican appointee who worked in his administration stated Trump was full of shit about Russia and was such a stupid campaigner that he was getting played by Putin. Got it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, it's called Combined Arms, the world has been doing it since ancient times. Not sure why the Russians have become so deficient.

So much winning!

Add to it
  • unified Europe

On the plus side ties with Belarus were strengthened....

Yep, can't see Ukraine going for any kind of de-militarisation as part of a deal.

Ironically enough, the last 3 weeks would have confirmed to them and any neighbours exactly why they need to remain well armed.

And motivated and committed to defending their homeland. Including Crimea and Donbas. Ukrainians are tough as ****

I thought it was a pretty clear. A republican appointee who worked in his administration stated Trump was full of sh*t about Russia and was such a stupid campaigner that he was getting played by Putin. Got it?

The use of the guy in a historic sense was what threw me. Got it now :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Biden is walking away from supporting a no fly zone for NATO because WW3 ..... just another example of the absence of leadership in any of the Euro countries, they are hiding behind Biden, how weak they are.
Understandable though, a NATO-enforced no-fly zone over a non-NATO country is messy and would significantly up the odds re: escalation.

So much winning!

Add to it
  • unified Europe

militarized japan too

So much winning!

Add to it
  • unified Europe
Don't forget that Judo belt and Eurovision too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back