Warnock Requests Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Just because people disagree with you it doesn't mean they have their 'head in the sand'.

a) Rivers is unfortunately in our leadership group and that's why he will always be selected ahead of a Warnock type
b) Rivers has been routinely torched on these forums and elsewhere for his rubbish form throughout the year
c) So has Davey
d) So has Green
e) Sylvia has been bandied about as trade bait by some and bemoaned as a waste of talent by many
e) Beamer has had very few bad games to moan about

and

f) (the most important one!) the players you listed as being treated 'harsher for a poor performance' than the above are for the most part shite and play worse than the ones you compared them too.

It's not a double standard to call a spade a spade.
I wasnt reffering to the forums treatment of the players, i was reffering to the Coaching staff and selection panel

Warnock, Maric, Dunn in fact all of them, have one bad game, and they are banished to the reserves to try and 'learn there lesson'

Davey, Green, Rivers and Sylvia Put in a poor performance, and they recieve a pat on the back and a good luck next time message

All im saying is maybe some of the first group of players i mentioned wouldnt be having the troubles they are if they recieved the same sort of support of from the coaches that the favourites enjoy

It was against Carlton, and it combined with numerous other clangers resulted in him being the first (and probably last) ever full back to be subbed off injury free.

He was an absolute liability at AFL level- further exacerbated by being in a backline sans a designated kicker or two. Could usually hold an opponent one on one but that's nowhere near enough these days.

Another one of our many 'dominates VFL but not good enough for AFL' players- how many have we had over the years?

I agree that we have too many of these types. But the question you have to ask is why do we have so many that fall over on transition? To me clearly the Casey VFL relationship isn't working. Part of it I feel is that there's no correlation between how the 1st side plays and the 2nds. How much say do we have over Casey in terms of how they run/set up the team? I don't know whether Casey was forced to join with us or not, in some way, but I think we should seriously look at taking on our own reserve side. It is clear that Collingwood, Geelong, Hawthorn and even Carlton with the Bullants run by Carlton (to the point where they will become the Northern Blues next year) people are reaping the benefits of strong foundations in the VFL sides.

I agree that we have too many of these types. But the question you have to ask is why do we have so many that fall over on transition? To me clearly the Casey VFL relationship isn't working. Part of it I feel is that there's no correlation between how the 1st side plays and the 2nds. How much say do we have over Casey in terms of how they run/set up the team? I don't know whether Casey was forced to join with us or not, in some way, but I think we should seriously look at taking on our own reserve side. It is clear that Collingwood, Geelong, Hawthorn and even Carlton with the Bullants run by Carlton (to the point where they will become the Northern Blues next year) people are reaping the benefits of strong foundations in the VFL sides.

Absolutely agree- as does the club as they have been investigating getting our own reserves team. I think it's 1-2 years away though if it does happen.

Yes!! Would hope the club gets onto this as quick as possible, its A HUGE leg up being able to bring kids into a VFL system that is exactly the same structure as the AFL side, there is no need to top up with duds to win, you just develop the kids how ever you want, and even though im glad Fev got a chance, Cook/ Fitzpatrick would have played way more games as a key fwd

There was a bit of a fuss about this earlier in the year. Around June or something the deadline passed for entering new teams into the VFL for the next 3 years. Basically everyone wanted to get standalone teams up, but they had to be passed by other clubs and they had to be proven at least alittle bit financially viable on their own, without help from the parent club (which made no sense to me and seemed basically to be the VFL making it as hard as possible.)

Just about every club with two cents to rub together (ie. not Melbourne, Bulldogs or North) put in an application. The Bombers one was apparently an enormous investment and they were pushing the hardest, but everyone's was turned down. So there won't be any new VFL teams, and I vaguely remember it saying there won't be any changes of allignment either. So we're with Casey for (I think) 3 years.

Does anyone else think Warnock could have benefited us and him if he was given some chance of playing up forward? Ben Holland wasn't bad as a player who could pinch hit up forward or down back when we needed it. I think in addition to the lack of opportunities for Cook et al, the pidgeon holing of players early doesn't give us much flexibility when we or they need it.

Does anyone else think Warnock could have benefited us and him if he was given some chance of playing up forward? Ben Holland wasn't bad as a player who could pinch hit up forward or down back when we needed it. I think in addition to the lack of opportunities for Cook et al, the pidgeon holing of players early doesn't give us much flexibility when we or they need it.

Agree...after some of poor losses this year, it's strange that Warnock wasn't at least given a couple of games in the ones before/if he was to be traded. Surely a run in the forward line wouldn't have created any more risks than some of the forward line structures this year. It seems his papers were marked during the year and no matter how he played in the 2s he wasn't going to get chance...better for him at another club if we won't give him a go and we just use him as a fallback tall defender.

Matty Warnock is only getting in first by saying he wants out. The club would no doubt have delisted him, so it looks better on his CV , if he goes out on his terms.

Anyway...he opportunities were limited here so good luck to him elsewhere.

Dont be surprised if we dont let him go.

Apart from the fact that he's as good a back-up KPD you'll get on an AFL list, we wont want to be forced to take a second or third round pick in this years poor draft.. I suspect we'd rather force another year out of him and get the pick in a very deep draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since when does an F grade player like Warnock get an article about wanting to be traded? Sounds like the work of a desperate player manager.

And why do people keep saying that he's a good backup KPD? 3 years ago you could mount an argument, but the days of poorly skilled lock down KPDs are a thing of the past. If a player doesn't have the skills or decision making ability to assist his team in beating a forward press, then he is redundant in the modern game.

Good luck Matty in finding another AFL club, because I think you'll need it.

I present this potential destination both for lulz and on a serious note:

Hawthorn.

They need more tall defenders and like taking our duds.
Yep, a Melbourne fan bagging Hawthorn :rolleyes:
Im pretty sure Cheyney, Bruce and even Johnson are happy where they play now, considering we went 18 and 4 and have the double chance, and you got beaten by Port to finish a year from hell [again] :thumbsu:

Im pretty sure Cheyney, Bruce and even Johnson are happy where they play now, considering we went 18 and 4 and have the double chance, and you got beaten by Port to finish a year from hell [again] :thumbsu:

cant argue with that except i doubt Bruce is happy considering he has a massive bald spot

This is really going to dint our chances to lure Robbie Warnock to the club. Let's hope that Powerpoint presentation is mighty good
What about your sig mate?

We're a hirsuite team at Hawthorn,
We're the mighty fighting balds,
Our hair's the colour of mud and it's getting thin!
Wearing the jibes with a false grin at Hawthorn
Come of rhino is quite good, we hear
Teamwork helps us share our wig:
One for all and all for one,
Except when at the Brownlow,
Then we're the mighty flighty balds!

Forget Warnock when's Scully packing his bags???? Is he taking the piss? i read this morning that he has 3 days at the club for medical check ups! fair dinkum mate go to ur local GP....

None of them are guaranteed a spot on your list next year and none would have one on ours either- so they're no doubt happy by default.

Geelong will bring you arrogant buggers back down to earth on Friday too btw :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Warnock Requests Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back