Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope. We've been in the top 4 for four of the past six years - I have an expectation that we stay in the top four. I like winning and I like making finals and if we're changing coaches we're only doing it to improve not go backwards. Anything else is untenable.
Hi my name expat me dumb

I’d bet my house at the first sign of Carr stumbling he has a dig at the supporter base.

Something like “ where are the boos for Carr?” or “Carr needs to turn it quickly or the boos will come from the supporters”

He can’t help himself. He’s still throwing backhanders at Luke Darcy over some BS commentator spat from 5 years ago.

I don't think so if Carr is the one keeping Chad employed

Our club is not sh*t. And there's nothing wrong with saying I want a GF - I beleive that's what we exist for.
That being the case, I assume if we had the option of being coached by the all time VFL/AFL record holder for the most games coached without making a Grand Final, you'd be against that?

The whole idea of a new coach for me is a coach that gets us to a grand final otherwise why bother changing?

What are you even arguing here? We all want to win flags.

If you're suggesting that if the next coach fails we should have just stayed with Hinkley, gross. Paying hundreds or even thousands of dollars to see us get embarrassed in September absolutely sucks. Losing to the Crows all the time absolutely sucks. Being a laughing stock because we can't win when the whips are cracking sucks. Supporters being gaslighted and shit-talked by the media absolutely sucks. The current situation is about the least enjoyable scenario to support a football club. It's awful. Never in the history of the game has a coach been more unpopular with his fans for this period of time.

Regular season wins against nondescript opposition are fine, but if you have a coach who can't win a flag, you move them on.

That Hawthorn game was a family favourite for us - but I'm not paying 6 memberships a year to see us go backwards. I like how much we win - I don't like losing finals but I definitely prefer to get to them. The whole idea of a new coach for me is a coach that gets us to a grand final otherwise why bother changing?

You may as well had said 'I don't like losing finals, so why bother changing?'

I don't want to have Rozee, Butters, Horne-Francis, Bergman, and remaining in a cycle of losing finals until they're all gone or retired.

Got to take the risk and change immediately.

I'd be more than happy to fork out for memberships if we happened to go backwards while trying to go forwards.

The whole club has become depressingly stale, I'm not on a journey with this group anymore, it's basically the same thing year after year, with the same excuses and tired tropes. There's zero excitement.

Having Warren there now and listening to him speak on club issues with refreshing accountability, honesty & connection to fans has been very welcome.

Hopefully more to come

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I find it odd that the board have to be convinced of Hinkley's failures, these people like them or not are not stupid, they come from all areas in business.

If they are looking at the results and facts over a period of time, any half decent business person would vote to remove Ken.

You have to ask if they can't conclude the obvious, they themselves are the problem, Hinkley is the result.

So it looks like seeing the back of Ken is not the end of our issues, we do really need a complete review of the club as a whole, everybody including board members should be questioned.

For what it's worth I can see Ken back in 2025, if he can negotiate a trigger in his remaining year for at least a preliminary final win, otherwise I believe the pressure might be to mighty, even for Teflon Ken

Let's see if the club can make the call, if they don't it just proves that Ken isn't really the main issue, it's gutless comfortable people over seeing this mess

Last edited:
We have some very good exciting players on our list, all they need is a new exciting coach to have them believing and understanding how good they are and how much better they can become.

We can not afford Hinkley to burn the likes of JHF, Butters, Rozee, MG or Bergman just to name a few, they are out future and without success we may lose them to bigger more successful clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the risk of being called an old campaigner (and one of those is correct ;)) and I know I'm not the only one who posts here, but growing up in the 1950's as a Port supporter the feeling the team was invincible regardless of the opposition was absolutely genuine.

The absolute domination of the local comp for the majority of my life was of course unsustainable in a national competition, but this cap in hand, forelock tugging, there to make up the numbers little old blue collar club from Alberton BS, that has been foisted on us by the limpest wristed president in the club's once proud history who has surrounded himself with non achieving sycophants has to be exposed for what it is, and hopefully WGT is the man to do it!

Last edited:
this cap in hand, forelock tugging, there to make up the numbers little old blue collar club from Alberton BS, that has been foisted on us

We have the fourth best W% in the league for all matches since 1997.

I find it odd that the board have to be convinced of Hinkley's failures, these people like them or not are not stupid, they come from all areas in business.

If they are looking at the results and facts over a period of time, any half decent business person would vote to remove Ken.

You have to ask if they can't conclude the obvious, they themselves are the problem, Hinkley is the result.

So it looks like seeing the back of Ken is not the end of our issues, we do really need a complete review of the club as a whole, everybody including board members should be questioned.

For what it's worth I can see Ken back in 2025, if he can negotiate a trigger in his remaining year for at least a preliminary final win, otherwise I believe the pressure might be to mighty, even for Teflon Ken

Let's see if the club can make the call, if they don't it just proves that Ken isn't really the main issue, it's gutless comfortable people over seeing this mess
Of course they are the problem. That's not even debatable.

We just need to hope that they move him on in spite of their incompetency.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nope. We've been in the top 4 for four of the past six years - I have an expectation that we stay in the top four. I like winning and I like making finals and if we're changing coaches we're only doing it to improve not go backwards. Anything else is untenable.
I'd rather improve to a top 1 status, instead of wallowing in the top 4 and not going any further. This bloke is NOT a finals coach, and until we get a coach who can consistently help us win finals, then what's the point?

Our club is not sh*t. And there's nothing wrong with saying I want a GF - I beleive that's what we exist for.
You want a grand final, but you also want Hinkley. Good luck with that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back