Watching Collingwood Live Overseas?

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: watching the 'pies live O/S

It depends where you're going, but www.liveafl.tv shows usually 5 live games per week and all of them on demand after about 4 hours post-match. Don't think it works through Asia and some other parts of the world, but good in North America and I think Europe. Will set you back about $80 for a years subscription or ~$15/month. Quality is good enough.

Free streams do exist. I gave up on them this year since liveafl.tv came out, as the quality is better and $80 is well worth it for me Got sick of streams being taken down and then hunting around for the latest one.

Re: Watching the Pies Live O/S

In the same situation and would love to know if there is any sort of list of pubs in cities around Europe that are likely to show AFL games - I seriously doubt it but worth a try.

In the same situation and would love to know if there is any sort of list of pubs in cities around Europe that are likely to show AFL games - I seriously doubt it but worth a try.

No list, but if in Paris (or, apparently, Lille) check out Cafe Oz. They show more rugby (and soccer) than AFL, but you do get the occasional game, and most finals. Surprisingly the place attracts quite a few locals, including some lovely french girls. Had a very good night out there during the prelim last year for a couple of different reasons. :thumbsu:

Note that this will only ever be night games, as day games would start early in the morning for most of Europe, so outside the UK your only hope is looking for a stream or downloading afterwards.

I was overseas in Macedonia and Greece last year and used omnisport. I got to watch every Pies game live for the whole two months I was there. It was awesome. Have a look at the website to see if the countries you are visiting are on the list and if you will have access, I remember the list was quite long.

http://www.omnisport.tv/page/Home

It cost me US$5.99 a game which is nothing!! You just pay via a credit card and a link will be sent to your email...click on the link just before the game starts and bingo. Ppl at the Internet cafes thought I was crazy sitting there at 6am some mornings but hey, no way i was missing a game. I also had my laptop with me and was able to use a relatives internet for some so that was great.

Hope this works for you. Send me an PM to let me know if it works when you're over there.

Kazy

Heading overseas in the not too distant future, and I'll be buggered if I can't see the 'pies live. Does anybody have any links? Would be greatly appreciated.
It depends where you will be overseas, but this link should help. If you're going to Europe, then apart from Live AFL TV online, there is also coverage through Eurosport 2. There is also this web site that can help with Australians in London if you're there, and may be able to give some info on where the footy shown. You can also contact other Australians through Aussie Rules Europe, and then clicking on the country you will be in for more information.

Here in the US, footy is also shown online through Live AFL TV, and there are also three live matches per week online through ESPN 3. One of those three matches is also shown live on telly through ESPN 2, and more info can be found here. There are a number of Aussie pubs too around the continent that show the footy live too. Here in New York City there is The Sunburnt Cow, and The Australian (ease up on the grog there Julia) amongst others.

Re: watching the 'pies live O/S

Heading to Europa, so I'll check that out. Cheers Daics

Probably Sentanta is the best option over there, me thinks. The Sentanta in Canada only showed 2 games (no longer showing any) but my understanding is they still show the games on the european content.

Plus as others have said you will find local pubs and stuff showing games

For this week in Canada. The Collingwood West Coast Game is on TSN2 Sunday morning (1am??-4am) or there abouts.

Channel 100 (711 HD) for those with Eastlink (that is who I work for. If you have Bell.....find it yourself!!) :eek::p

Please veryone be VERY CAREFUL to only put OFFICIAL links and streams up here for all to see.

If any unofficial streams, that may or may not exist, get exposed here, they will be shut down and lost.

Thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope you don't mind me intruding..:eek:

I was going to start this thread on the WC board then i seen there was already one started here.

Anyone know where/how i can watch a game live in Honolulu, Hawaii?

if it hasnt been already, this sort of thing needs to be stickied, as it seems a frequent question. maybe on all club boards as well as main.

I was just mulling over the merits of adding this to the links thread when I found this post. I think i'll add it in there. Any future threads on this will get merged. Unfortunately we can only have so many stickies. I've been thinking 6 is getting a bit crowded up there anyway.

I was going to start this thread on the WC board then i seen there was already one started here.

I think it would be on (6 games I believe and KissStephanie would know more about the US) espn2.

It depends where you will be overseas, but this link should help. If you're going to Europe, then apart from Live AFL TV online, there is also coverage through Eurosport 2. There is also this web site that can help with Australians in London if you're there, and may be able to give some info on where the footy shown. You can also contact other Australians through Aussie Rules Europe, and then clicking on the country you will be in for more information.

Here in the US, footy is also shown online through Live AFL TV, and there are also three live matches per week online through ESPN 3. One of those three matches is also shown live on telly through ESPN 2, and more info can be found here. There are a number of Aussie pubs too around the continent that show the footy live too. Here in New York City there is The Sunburnt Cow, and The Australian (ease up on the grog there Julia) amongst others.

Thanks KS, brilliant work, you'll help a lot of people with that research and info.

Well done :thumbsu:

Please everyone be VERY CAREFUL to only put OFFICIAL links and streams up here for all to see.
Of course only those that are legally licensed to broadcast the footy.
If any unofficial streams, that may or may not exist, get exposed here, they will be shut down and lost.
Surely there aren't any illegal unofficial streams online. That would be terrible!
I mentioned the coverage in the US in this post, and Maddog Saloon in Waikiki hosted both Grand Final parties in Honolulu last year, so they may be able to help with coverage too, or put you in touch with Aussies that live there that may help.

espn3.com has the wc vs woods game this week. Need a fairly powerful computer to get a good picture - say min 1.5GHz pentium but preferably a lot more I'd say. I have a 3ghz dual layer and it's a great picture.

Anyone know where I can access AFL in Mexico City?

Hey guys,

I'll be studying in Mexico for six months starting in July. I don't want to miss finals if I can do anything about it.

Anyone know where I can find out if I can access the game overseas?

I think it would be on (6 games I believe and KissStephanie would know more about the US) espn2.

espn3.com has the wc vs woods game this week. Need a fairly powerful computer to get a good picture - say min 1.5GHz pentium but preferably a lot more I'd say. I have a 3ghz dual layer and it's a great picture.

I mentioned the coverage in the US in this post, and Maddog Saloon in Waikiki hosted both Grand Final parties in Honolulu last year, so they may be able to help with coverage too, or put you in touch with Aussies that live there that may help.

Thanks guys :thumbsu:

I just spent a few weeks in Thailand. That place is useless for watching AFL online. Just about every site is blocked there! Still a few ways around it but luckily the only game I missed was against Geelong and that was on the Australian network so I managed to see it.

I just spent a few weeks in Thailand. That place is useless for watching AFL online. Just about every site is blocked there! Still a few ways around it but luckily the only game I missed was against Geelong and that was on the Australian network so I managed to see it.

I was wondering where you'd been the last few weeks. Welcome back mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching Collingwood Live Overseas?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back