Magician09

Draftee
Sep 16, 2007
Hobart
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
According to an article on PerthNow.com...

WEST Coast hard man Beau Waters is expected to replace Darren Glass as skipper for next year as the Eagles look to start afresh following the worst season in the club's history.

Link

Everything about Waters is good...except disposal. In my view this is a major weakness and he can't even be considered as captain. My gut feeling is we need a short term captain - 2-3 years until someone really worthy comes through. Maybe it has to be Waters? Maybe Hurn?

Everything about Waters is good...except disposal. In my view this is a major weakness and he can't even be considered as captain. My gut feeling is we need a short term captain - 2-3 years until someone really worthy comes through. Maybe it has to be Waters? Maybe Hurn?
Hurn would be a good choice. I was thinking who could take the job and I forgot about him.

Would be happy to see Waters as Captain. Right now, he is only the one that looks like a leader. Hurn, maybe is bit too young at the moment. They are really the only two choices.

A good choice, he sets the standard for attack on the football and man. We played our best football in 2010 when he was captain IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great choice! He did a good job with it this year while Glassy was out. You don't have to be the most skillful player to captain a side, ie Ling, but Waters is the kind who will lead by example in his endevour. There is nothing at all wrong with that, and there's no denying that he is in the best 22.

No way is LeCras captain material :eek:
He's our best player, doesn't mean he should be captain..

Waters is an alright choice, I dare say Hurn wasn't chosen only because of his age. Other than that I don't really see any other player who could take the role

IMHO the best captain in the AFL is Brett Kirk from sydney. He has the respect from all players his own and the opposition, Beau Waters is the same type of player, he commands respect and as shown through out the year he has gotten it from the boys.

Best person to take over the reins and will make a awesome captain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Waters to replace Glass as Captain in 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back