Remove this Banner Ad

chev1977

Senior List
Jun 11, 2000
Adelaide, SA, Australia
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Dont quote me folks,

I was watching the channel 10 news at 5:00pm in Adelaide & in the sport part of the news they said Wayne Carey is training again 'didn't specify if he was training with North Melbourne, Adelaide, another club, or by himself.' But they suggested & interviewed Steven Trigg Adelaide's new C.E.O & they said they would be keen on him (only if the Matthew Pavlich deal fails) & providing he was in shape etc...

Also I was doing something else and overheard a Sport's Tonight advert saying Adelaide were keen and would talk to Carey within two weeks.

again I re-itterate dont quote me ! it's 9:35pm Rove has just started and I havent seen Sports Tonight yet ( they could say something totally different) I'll just have to wait and see !!

You Melbourne folk will get Sports Tonight before I do here in Adelaide.. no doubt there will be a few post's on this one regardless if Carey comes to Adelaide or not !

I personally think Carey has 1 or 2 more years in him and he would be very handy up forward, I also think he is not worth the money he get's now, futhermore I think Adelaide would have enough in it's sallery cap to fit both Pavlich & Carey into the lineup.

both would be very welcome assets to our forward line-up !!
I dont have much time for Carey as a person, & even if he does become a Crow he is a very dirty footballer, but he is a champion football player anyway and I would love to see him here.

but who would be Roo ? Ricuttio or Carey ?

in my opinion : Ricuttio is Roo & Carey is Root Boy !

Adelaide offered Carey a spot in the side a few years ago but Carey rejected it..! I know he used to play for North Adelaide & in 1992 he played in our State side that defeated Victoria @ footy park by 2 points... but circumstanses have changed since then will Carey be a Crow? a Kanagroo or a Swan who knows ???

what do you think ?

Considering all club must pay their current squads 95% of the salary cap (with a couple of the poorer clubs being allowed between 90-95%) so unless they trade/drop a few players they will not fit either/both Pavlich and Carey into their squad.......

I'm presuming your an Adelaide supporter......what players would you be prepared to trade/lose given the amount of money required to pay for Pavlich and/or Carey.............

Originally posted by dreamkillers
Considering all club must pay their current squads 95% of the salary cap (with a couple of the poorer clubs being allowed between 90-95%) so unless they trade/drop a few players they will not fit either/both Pavlich and Carey into their squad.......

I'm presuming your an Adelaide supporter......what players would you be prepared to trade/lose given the amount of money required to pay for Pavlich and/or Carey.............

Not that I want Kane Johnson to go !! I would love for him to stay a Crow till the end of his footy career.

But Kane wanted to return to Melbourne last year but ended up signing a 1 year deal with Adelaide.

Should Carey want to be a Crow & Adelaide trade Kane Johnson with a couple of draft pick's we would easily afford him and fit him in.. he is not worth anything more and if the Kanga's want more for him that would be a joke !!

After all Carey is still a very good player but he is over 30 and would be worth the same if not less than Kane Johnson in player payments.

Yeah sure Pavlich is worth a bit... but he is still a relative newcomber to the AFL scene and he can hardly bargain for more than a three year 1 million contract witch Adelaide can afford and futhermore manage there finance's.

just have to wait to see how the talks go with Nixon, Carey & the Crows board and who will be traded if a deal is done.

Find it a bit weird that they are saying he might play for the Crows, I thought Sydney would be his choice, but maybe the Swans are not willing to recruit another veteran.

I wouldnt mind Kane coming to the Roos.. think he could possibly make a nice inclusion to our lineup..

Yeah.. I could warm to that idea...

Go Roos
Well Carey might not go newhere.. but me thinks Adelaide would be better than Sydney.. the trade period will be interesting.. so will the delisting period:D Theres a player or 2 I could do without seeing again.. unless there on another team;):D

Btw, will have to keep an eye on Kane Johnson now.. see how he goes..

Originally posted by chev1977

Not that I want Kane Johnson to go !! I would love for him to stay a Crow till the end of his footy career.

But Kane wanted to return to Melbourne last year but ended up signing a 1 year deal with Adelaide.

Should Carey want to be a Crow & Adelaide trade Kane Johnson with a couple of draft pick's we would easily afford him and fit him in.. he is not worth anything more and if the Kanga's want more for him that would be a joke !!

After all Carey is still a very good player but he is over 30 and would be worth the same if not less than Kane Johnson in player payments.

Yeah sure Pavlich is worth a bit... but he is still a relative newcomber to the AFL scene and he can hardly bargain for more than a three year 1 million contract witch Adelaide can afford and futhermore manage there finance's.

just have to wait to see how the talks go with Nixon, Carey & the Crows board and who will be traded if a deal is done.

I'd say the Roos would be happy with that deal......

I agree with your comments on Pavlich but you will be required to trade with Freo to get him as if he waited for the pre season draft he would go with one of the early lottery picks given to the bottom sides.........

All Stephen Trigg said was that he has spoken to Ricky Nixon and has just asked if he is gonna be playing next year. He said they would be interested in talking to him. But then again, i imagine most clubs would be after him if he was to announce a comeback.

There is no way Pavlicha nd Carey would both fit into the salary cap...defiantly not with Goodwin, Mcleod, Riccuito and Hart still at the club. Youd also have Bode, Doughty, Johnson and Biglands asking for pay rises.

Originally posted by mantis
Find it a bit weird that they are saying he might play for the Crows, I thought Sydney would be his choice, but maybe the Swans are not willing to recruit another veteran.

Heard that from the Swans tonight on Fox footy news, they said they are going with a youth policy now.

Originally posted by Macca19
All Stephen Trigg said was that he has spoken to Ricky Nixon and has just asked if he is gonna be playing next year. He said they would be interested in talking to him. But then again, i imagine most clubs would be after him if he was to announce a comeback.

There is no way Pavlicha nd Carey would both fit into the salary cap...defiantly not with Goodwin, Mcleod, Riccuito and Hart still at the club. Youd also have Bode, Doughty, Johnson and Biglands asking for pay rises.

I did hear that there 'will be' talks within two weeks.

Not that Adelaide has secured Pavlich yet, but if they want Pavlich they obvoiusly can afford to fit him in !

And all I said is that Kane Johnson last year wanted to return to Melbourne like a lot of AFL footballers who get home sick, but Kane decided to stay for another year.

Who knows he might stay here ? I personally would prefer Kane Johnson to stay rather than trade him away for Wayne Carey !

there has been no talk of Kane leaving... but because I remembered that he was thinking of leaving last season I just commented that if he wanted to leave at the conclusion of this season he would be an apt choice in any trade negotiations weather that be for Pavlich or Carey.

But if Kane decided to return home Wayne would be a welcome player in our side. And you dont have to be a Rhodes Scholer to figure out that Wayne is worth equal @ most or less than Kane who is currently in the squad.. so of course we can fit both players into our mix.

If Pavlich came to Adelaide and Adelaide used draft picks or traded players or a mixture of both that is even more reason to suggest we can fit yet another player in our squad.

However...!! going by how Adelaide is traveling at the moment I dont think the Crows would want to trade too many players at all.

but there will be trades.... I dont think I've ever seen a season that a squad has not delisted, traded or picked up any new players it is inevitable.

On Talking Footy tonight it was suggested that Carlton might be another good option...........and they also mentioned the coach may follow........at least he wouldn't have money problems at Carlton.......

They did say that Pagan's manager has had no contact with other clubs.........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hold up Pavlich isnt definitely leaving yet and with recent on field success the chances of him leaving are getting worse by the day.

That said a top 3 pick and a good player will be required.
Freo want Wells and hes going to be a top 3 pick so Crows get your act into gear and get a pick of that nature.

Originally posted by sabre_ac
Hold up Pavlich isnt definitely leaving yet and with recent on field success the chances of him leaving are getting worse by the day.

Freo want Wells and hes going to be a top 3 pick so Crows get your act into gear and get a pick of that nature.

Was wondering when you were going to turn up..........got to keep that best spine in the AFL together..........;)

I was just going to say NO to the idea of Carey playing for Adelaide at all, but give up Johnson for him?

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

NO!!!

Please don't recruit Carey!!!!

Must be a strange feeling Sab... normally you don't have to trade for early picks...

BTW where is our bet at... double or nothing of what??? I can't remember... and really can't be bothered trying to find the post...

Originally posted by dogs105
I was just going to say NO to the idea of Carey playing for Adelaide at all, but give up Johnson for him?

NO!!!

reminds me of Piefans saying NO to Lockett...

Originally posted by dogs105

NO!!!

I assume you can read 'dogs105' so I wont down you about that, but you obviously either skim read my post or didn't read it at all.

Again... I re-itterate :

there are strong leads suggesting Carey will be talking to Crows Management ! as per the link & articles I wrote.

there is NO RUMOUR about Kane Johnson leaving ( and it no where states that I started a rumour futhermore I state that I dont want Kane to leave.)

I simply stated that Kane Johnson wanted to leave last year, and did not commit to a long term contract just a 1 year deal wich suggest's to me he is still undecided if he wants to return to Melbourne.

And if that was the case... Carey given we might get one or two seasons out of him is a pretty good compensation package.. so much so I'd rather have Carey & possibly Pavlich to boost our forward line-up rather than pick up a couple of kids that wont get a game for several years...

I also said I would rather keep Kane Johnson than have Carey

but if Kane left and we got Carey and Pavlich together with our midfield which is abundent of talent and a capable defence we would be a very serious contender for the 2003, 2004 flags !!

If we drafted Kids we would be going backwards before moving forwards.. we have enough young blood every few years you should throw in some pure bred AFL football players get your year or 2 out of them and then by that time the Goodwins, the Bodes etc... will be nearing senior roles like the Bickleys, Ricuttio's, & McLeods then the kids become the new breed.

all in all it was an opinion and in no way a rumour... !

I can sit here in confidence that it is not defamation.. : )

Originally posted by Rooboy 96

Must be a strange feeling Sab... normally you don't have to trade for early picks...

BTW where is our bet at... double or nothing of what??? I can't remember... and really can't be bothered trying to find the post...

Wel when you have such an abundant of young talent you can afford to do that rooboy :p.
That said every time we trade away our draft picks we seem to always find the best bargain in the draft.
AKA McPhee at 35
Medhurst at 56

I thought it was double or nothing because ask Jod I do pay my bets as I paid him earlier this year.

I thought it was double or nothing because ask Jod I do pay my bets as I paid him earlier this year.

I don't doubt it... but what is it double or nothing of??? I can't remember if we have already had one double or nothing yet so is the bet at $20 or $40... I really can't be bothered looking...

Remove this Banner Ad

Wayne Carey back in training ! Rumours suggest a return in 2003 with Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back