Player Watch Wayne Milera

Remove this Banner Ad

Has had a really excellent month. Not something I necessarily thought would happen, but it looks like persisting with him was the right call.

Has become incredibly hard to tackle again, and is looking composed and putting together consistent performances week to week for the first time post-injuries. Great goal against Gold Coast as well.

Has had a really excellent month. Not something I necessarily thought would happen, but it looks like persisting with him was the right call.

Has become incredibly hard to tackle again, and is looking composed and putting together consistent performances week to week for the first time post-injuries. Great goal against Gold Coast as well.
Appears to be about confidence in his body, now running with the ball when he receive it allowing him to use his evasion which was the concern he loss this ability after his major leg and foot injuries.

Last edited:

The next Sam Petrevski-Seton

Tried forward, didn't work. Tried defense, didn't work. Tried midfield, didn't work. Tried wing, didn't work. Has plenty of tools but can't put it all together and plays largely soft, unaccountable football.

Like Sam I think Wayne will get to about 100 games with us, get traded to another side for a late pick and have little impact from there on

This post is looking more than a bit stupid now.

Feel like this guy has improved quite a lot since earlier in the season. His hunger for the contest has increased and his disposal has been very good.
Love how he does everything to get some space, does not get caught and gets himself out of problems.
His only issues these days seems to be before he gets the ball.

The best midfielders used to be the ones strong on the hips and tough to tackle (Ablett, Judd, Danger). Milera should be a lot better than he is because he's impossible to tackle.

But he's still a little too laconic to become a genuine weapon I think. And his kicking is very overrated, I
panick when he tries to dispose of the ball in our back half.

Very happy though to see him improving.

He is showing signs of becoming a jet. Hopefully stays sound and takes the next step to A grade

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Came in here to say he sucks. Is good for a couple of fancy tackle evades which makes for 3 nice GIFS on instagram a year but is useless. Lazy kicking and a lazy footballer.

His ease of shrugging a tackle is a delicious watch at times
8 weeks is a long time in footy

Milera is having a decent season and playing his role. Is probably our 7th defender picked each week (behind Murray, Butts, Worrell, Max, Smith, Hinge) and would most likely be the one to make way if we get Redman.

Got torched early by Tarryn Thomas on the weekend, but did some nice things.

Just one of those players (like Doedee) who showed some real glimpses early on, but never built on it and just end up being a decent role player.

Got torched early by Tarryn Thomas on the weekend, but did some nice things.

Not sure what happened there Thomas looked to be playing in the midfield and was in everything and then bobbed up up forward. Was always the wrong match up and should have been taken by max when he was deep.

I reckon smith is the one that would make way.

Milera has looked confident and great in the last month.

He needs to check his shoes in the wet though as he has slipped a couple of times.

As soon as he's got the ball, he's shrugged the first defender and taken off.

Is a very important player in that defensive system.

There is no way he's making way for Redman, unless they move him into another position like wing or midfield.

He needs to check his shoes in the wet though as he has slipped a couple of times.

There is no way he's making way for Redman, unless they move him into another position like wing or midfield.
has many elite traits. Just lost a yard of absolute pace after injuries and can look larconic (soft) on the odd occasion but his overall kicking skills, ability to be well positioned, decision making, normally one touch player, rebounding play - and ability to shrug off opponents would be near best in the league. Also can win the hard ball in congestion.

Very important player for us IMO

Not sure what happened there Thomas looked to be playing in the midfield and was in everything and then bobbed up up forward. Was always the wrong match up and should have been taken by max when he was deep.

100%.

I reckon smith is the one that would make way.

I think that Milera is easier to replace, but don't think its unreasonable to suggest Smith goes out first.

Smith is our #1 rebounding defender and we try to go through him. His is #1 in R50's, #2 in metres gained, and #9 in inside 50's. Gets unfairly viewed on here IMO, but his drive off of half back is very important to us - especially since Dawson has become a full time midfielder.

100%.

I think that Milera is easier to replace, but don't think its unreasonable to suggest Smith goes out first.

Smith is our #1 rebounding defender and we try to go through him. His is #1 in R50's, #2 in metres gained, and #9 in inside 50's. Gets unfairly viewed on here IMO, but his drive off of half back is very important to us - especially since Dawson has become a full time midfielder.
More so for age and upside.

Wayne has all the tools. His biggest issue has been constant injuries and being unable to get set in a position.
Let's not forget, the lad is an excellent forward player, and can kick goals.
With his confidence higher, maybe play him on a wing, going into the forward line.

Agree with this, he show's composure when others in the team don't.

Actually, an interesting game is coming up. See if we can play. Worrell and Murray are our key backs.

We've seen Worrell perform well on the likes of Carlton's De Koning.

On Redman, I think it means hinge moves to the wing. Jones and Hinges on each wing adds pace and hardness.

Little part of me doesn't want us to get Redman because I want to see Nankervis get a run.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Wayne Milera

Remove this Banner Ad

Back