News We’re going to Dingleyland! Construction to begin.

Remove this Banner Ad

The pic on the left is not the current design. The large basketball stadium on the south side of the AFLW oval is now a carpark. It may come plater, but the bridge joining it all up and the big stand has changed. Current Render below from the foundation.hawthornfc.com.au website. Yet they also have the old image up there too. I think they said the basketball courts are still planned for later stages but it won't be like that image as the main training facility building is a completely different design now and the bridge joining won't make sense.

View attachment 2095908
Yeah was aware there were changes, I was looking at the land area still available for expansion. That large space on the right is going to be full of cars when we are competing in finals with supporters knowing there is somewhere to park, unlike Waverley.

Indoor stadium you say. What’s a few million in time amongst friends💪😝

Yeah was aware there were changes, I was looking at the land area still available for expansion. That large space on the right is going to be full of cars when we are competing in finals with supporters knowing there is somewhere to park, unlike Waverley.

Indoor stadium you say. What’s a few million in time amongst friends💪😝
It's really breathtaking how huge it is. When you compare what the other Melbourne clubs have it's a ground and a building with change rooms like we have at Waverley. Even the newer ones.

It is absolutely big enough to build a stadium there, it would be crazy expensive but it is not out of the question that decades in the future we could build a stadium for AFL games.

It's really breathtaking how huge it is. When you compare what the other Melbourne clubs have it's a ground and a building with change rooms like we have at Waverley. Even the newer ones.

It is absolutely big enough to build a stadium there, it would be crazy expensive but it is not out of the question that decades in the future we could build a stadium for AFL games.
It is out of the question. Cost, transport, MCG/Marvel contracts, etc. Are you suggesting spending $300m for a very, very basic 30k stadium that would be used for a few games each season? The club would be bankrupt before it was completed.

It is out of the question. Cost, transport, MCG/Marvel contracts, etc. Are you suggesting spending $300m for a very, very basic 30k stadium that would be used for a few games each season? The club would be bankrupt before it was completed.
Did you actually read the post before jumping up & down ?
Or just skimmed over it

As I said, crazy expensive but is big enough. And I said Decades in the future.

So in 50 years when all that area is further built up and higher density with apartments and units. the train loop is already being built from cheltenham to clayton, could absolutely ad an offshoot from the new heatherton rail yard to dingley and beyond.

The population would grow, there'd be potentially 24 AFL teams. Remember there's already 6 Tasmania games that need to move back to Melbourne imagine with extra teams going.

Basically you could Build another 50k Marvel stadium on the site. It wouldn't be Hawthorn paying for it, but if there becomes the need down the track for another ground, we could angle on upgrading our AFLW ground to be an AFLM ground too and let StKilda play their games their too.

As I said, crazy expensive but is big enough. And I said Decades in the future.

So in 50 years when all that area is further built up and higher density with apartments and units. the train loop is already being built from cheltenham to clayton, could absolutely ad an offshoot from the new heatherton rail yard to dingley and beyond.

The population would grow, there'd be potentially 24 AFL teams. Remember there's already 6 Tasmania games that need to move back to Melbourne imagine with extra teams going.

Basically you could Build another 50k Marvel stadium on the site. It wouldn't be Hawthorn paying for it, but if there becomes the need down the track for another ground, we could angle on upgrading our AFLW ground to be an AFLM ground too and let StKilda play their games their too.
In 50 years we will be packing out the MCG every week like Collingwood does now. A suburban ground would be a big step backward for the AFL and any club that play there. Not sure why anybody would want that.

Did you actually read the post before jumping up & down ?
Or just skimmed over it
I read it, He said building a new stadium for AFL is nit out of the question. I am of the firm belief that it is out of the question, and that the more time passes and the bigger our MCG crowds get, the more out of the question it becomes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, they have held off resurfacing until 2025 when the spectator facilities are redeveloped. Box Hill should stay at Box Hill. Otherwise, what is the point of redeveloping?
I think keeping the link to Boxhill oval isn't a bad idea as it keeps links to the more inner Melb supporters. Not everything needs to be out in Dingly

Not sure anything new here but FYI

Remove this Banner Ad

News We’re going to Dingleyland! Construction to begin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back