Certified Legendary Thread We Are Essington - Return of the KING

Remove this Banner Ad

Ummm, embarrassing question… but what does “Essington” mean? I see it all over BogFooty.

Ummm, embarrassing question… but what does “Essington” mean? I see it all over BogFooty.
Someone will tell me if I am wrong but I think it came from the cheer squad spelling Essendon as Essington and it sort of stuck as a way to say Essendon when there was a **** up. The Essington way. I could be wrong though. I am not 100%.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even trotting out old faithful (Webster dictionary) that’s a tad beyond me. Do I need to have read Jung to get this?
Essington is to Essendon like Mr Hyde is to Dr Jekyll, Stefan Urquelle is to Steve Urkell and Tyler Dyrden is to the Narrator from fight club. It's the alter ego that sometimes pops out to replace the Essendon football club's playing style that won 16 preeemiership flags. But ultimately we are now not sure which is the true representation of the club - its like at the end of Primal Fear, when Ed Norton tells us Aaron never existed at all... it has been Essington all along

Essington is to Essendon like Mr Hyde is to Dr Jekyll, Stefan Urquelle is to Steve Urkell and Tyler Dyrden is to the Narrator from fight club. It's the alter ego that sometimes pops out to replace the Essendon football club's playing style that won 16 preeemiership flags. But ultimately we are now not sure which is the true representation of the club - its like at the end of Primal Fear, when Ed Norton tells us Aaron never existed at all... it has been Essington all along
Surprisingly understandable… and entertaining. 👍

Like Dyle Longfark?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back